Times have changed.. in a bad way

Ghosts XBOX 360

Times have changed.. in a bad way

maybe it's just me, but i've noticed that with the majority of games that used to have an extremely competitive group of players & community have begun to fall more and more with every release of a new CoD. the game has seemed to favor the causal gamers more and more, it seems that the game gives you too much help with aim assist and that new little directional arrow that helps you hear people and kinda points you in the right direction as to where they are. the spawns and why they took out demolition is just beyond me and i still can't comprehend why they took out SnD when it was one of the top three playlist in just about every single game. so if you were to ask me, yes.. times have changed for the worst. casual gamers now rule a game that was only fun and worth playing when it was ran by a strong but small community of competitive this also happened with Halo and that game is now dead, and i'd hate to see that happen to CoD. again this is just my opinion bash it if you want i could really careless.

Zwqkv
25 REPLIES

Re: Times have changed.. in a bad way

in reply to Zwqkv

I couldn't disagree more.

All the complainers are the same...

It doesn't have "said thing that I like" so it sucks.

Everything else has been an issue with EVERY CoD and has been addressed with patching.

Give them a week and expect the game to be perfect? That's just unreasonable.

Think of this as more of a progression of the MW series, an attempt to be semi-realistic,

and completely ignore the BS that has been pray and spray black ops that's been thrown in the mix.

TourettesGuy03

in reply to TourettesGuy03

With a name like that you should have typed in all CAPS!!

ZvErS

in reply to Zwqkv

This is one of the biggest selling video game franchises of all time. I think casual gamers have been involved for quite a while now.

Mikeyboymike

in reply to Zwqkv

I respect your opinion. I agree the times have changed. Only the times change with every new title thats released. Sometimes it might be in a bad way and other times I applaud the decisions made.

So far I'm clapping with Ghosts. Maybe its because I'm accepting the game for what it is and not what it isn't. I left all expectations at the front door. Or maybe because it feels very different and thats what I needed.

I consider myself competitive. I think thats what has drawn me to Cod for the past 5+ years. But I've also learned that I'm certainly not mlg and am more of a casual player that just plays a lot.

I think its a smart move by IW to cater to casuals if that is indeed what they're doing. We all know that the veterans will never all be completely pleased with the decisions made. Its impossible.

SnD used to be my favorite gamemode in CoD4, WaW and BO1. It was all about strategy and wasn't riddled with respawn. But I don't miss it one bit. I found SnD to be an absolute struggle in BO2. Not so much because of the mode but because of the approach many players had. Like not planting the bomb and playing tdm for trickshot final killcams.

I'm trying very hard to not let the game get to me. And its working. Now I don't know if thats because of the game or my attitude. Like you stated, this is just my opinion.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

in reply to Zwqkv

Little Directional Arrow that helps you hear people? Am I missing something here?

Bielsalmighty

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I'm guessing he's mistaking the lean arrow.

gotsomestars Level 75

in reply to gotsomestars

Theres an arrow that tells you when you can lean?

You can see how much I've used that particular feature LOL. Too busy running around getting my routes nailed down

Bielsalmighty

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Don't feel bad.  I didn't know about it either until I googled how to lean.  I had accidentally leaned a couple of times but I had no idea how to do it on purpose.  I've got guns in the 500 kill range and only have 2 or 3 lean kills on them.  So I figured that I needed to do some studying if I was ever to get that camo.  Basically the next time that you come up on a corner that can be leaned around, slowly approach the edge until you notice a little yellow arrow appear on your crosshairs.  From there if you ADS you will be leaning.  You can move around a little bit from this point but move too far and you'll quit leaning.

phxs72

in reply to phxs72

Oh I didn't feel bad hehe, I've been playing a lot of HC which is probably why I haven't noticed it. Actually, no, it is because I'm usually haring around like an idiot.

I'll keep an eye out for it when I play Clan Wars, dunno if I'm gonna bother for gold camos in this title...

Bielsalmighty

Studios