UPDATE IS A JOKE!

Ghosts XBOX 360

There are soft score cue's during MP games, especially as the announcer calls for the last minute of the game... but they are almost non-existent in this CoD. some games they don't show up at all beyond the opening match music. I'm not sure what advice to give you when you're about the only person I've ever heard complain about this, but it sounds like your headset is to blame. From what I read, that could be a sound-flattening/balancing issue within the headset. It may be mashing ambiance and effects into the same levels. How about you lower the volume of the music in the options menu, I dunno but that seems like a logical first step.

Though I do agree they've focused far too much on the eSport changes for Ghosts... neither company is the past ever catered to us Hardcore players (we aren't a large portion of the community anymore, I'll admit that), yet they cater to an even smaller portion? Not just for a quick couple updates, no, they focus weeks of hard effort on like 1% of the community... I don't want to just say it, but these devs have really lost their grasp on "game development" and the people that actually play their game.

EJKHunter

Your headset is definitely not to blame, Vibration. That is actually a silly thing for people to say. I also have A40's and that damn music is completely unnecessary. It's supposed to be an audio cue to let you know when there is about a minute left on the clock, but the music lasts for about 15 seconds and it's annoying.

There is NO way to adjust individual sound volumes like in BO2 which was a mistake because I would have turned it off completely.

I hear people complain about that music all the time. Especially people who spend the money to have a good headset and all you can hear is unnecessary music instead of in game call outs or even foot steps.

CalamityCate_

Okay, now I'm definitely thinking it has something to do with the brand - Astro's are great headsets - a friend of mine just got a new set and today he's been complaining about music cues overlapping all other audio, which is something he never faced with Turtle Beaches, which he's used the last two games. When he goes back to his X12's this problem doesn't exist at all, when he returns to his A40's the music overlaps the sound effects. So, no it is not a "silly" thing to say - saying that is fairly uneducated when you don't try and troubleshoot and just complain. I digress. The point is, it appears the Astro's are translating the frequency of the music louder than it is otherwise played for those with other brand headsets, or just playing through their tv.

I would say this is something that should be addressed, but game developers are not responsible for third-party device support, so I would expect all of nothing to be done. Because outside of Astro headsets (so far) no one else encounters this issue. Remember, neither IW nor Activision owe you a game fully compatible with a third-party piece of hardware... that's just a "silly" idea altogether.

EJKHunter

Astros has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the obnoxious music cues, lol. I JUST got them about 4 days ago... before that I tried the TB 510's and took them back within 24 hours, before that I used an old pair of x12's. The obnoxious music has been an obvious problem since launch.

I am the only one of my friends who uses Astros and it is an ongoing joke with us when that stupid music comes on.

The real problem is that there are no individual sound adjustments. My Astros actually help with the problem because I have individual controls on my A40's. There is no reason for the music whatsoever. Seriously.. there are enough audio cues letting me know we are winning or losing.

CalamityCate_

Maybe you just got really good ears man lol because I hear them when they kick in, sometimes mid-match, but they're almost a whisper to even a nearby footfall. I have no idea what to say to this now because I simply do not experience anything close to what you do. Neither does anyone I play with, with the exception of the one guy who just got his A40's today. That's why my first inclination was it had to be a headset issue, which in part I'm still inclined to believe because I've had headsets that make some sounds far more obvious (aka loud) than other's even in the same brand... so I know what you mean, I just can't replicate it for myself here.

EJKHunter

wow you cant soundwhore for 15 seconds...get better

veilofmaya

they are catering to the MLG area because competitive call of duty has never been bigger....its thriving more than the game lol

veilofmaya

TWENTY FOUR DAYS after the last title update they make changes for "MLG" or "eSports", yet REFUSE to fix the MAJOR issues like these

Hacked prestige lobbies

music on/off

spawn logic

not signing into online profile

and those are just a FEW of the issues that NEED addressed.

propipe

Quick scoping (which wasn't supposed to be in the game AND supposedly got patched), bad spawns, dedicated servers.

TKizzy

TKizzy wrote:

Quick scoping (which wasn't supposed to be in the game AND supposedly got patched), bad spawns, dedicated servers.

I'm not upset about dedicated servers as they stated WAY before release that it was going to be a hybrid system and that most players probably would never be on a dedicated server anyway.

As far as quickscoping goes, the ONLY way they are going to eliminate it, is to remove the ability to fire a sniper in the transition between idle and aiming down the sight. This would mean only being able to hip fire the sniper, and firing when the sight is fully raised. 

propipe

Studios