What happend to the good old days of cod

Ghosts XBOX 360

Runandgunerring wrote:

Halo 2 was my game sucks how horrible halo 4 was though. these COD people complaining about ghosts have no clue what halo fans had to go through recently.

I unlike many other halo fans, enjoy all the halos

deamonomic

Halo is on the verge of death, its probably closer than COD is. It died with Reach in my eyes.

NoLifeKing32

It was Medal of Honor Allied Assault for me.  That's what really got me in to online mp fps.

Funnily enough it was actually developed by the original Infinity ward team too.

UK ScorpZ

Man, I'm getting old.  I actually do kind of miss all of that, LOL!  Actually, I miss Combat on Atari more!  Tanks only though, hated the planes.

COTIARA
Highlighted

This is an asinine comparison! I'm not saying go back to some ancient engine and gaming style. COD4 and Ghost run on the same engine and the overall dynamics are the same. It's the specific changes that are made from year to year that are destroying the game experience. They should have taken the greatness of COD4 and made simple but effective changes. Instead we see a clear lack of genuine innovation designed to cater to the lowest common denominator in the COD community.  

MadMike2099

This is an asinine comparison!

Why? You say MW was "king" of MP and that is untrue, saying that is literally insane. I used what you said in terms of that game being most first COD experience, and it was a good experience.

Why was it good? Because we had no other MP COD game to compare it to. Know one said, at that moment they ruined it, that lag comp is worse, that the streaks are now dumb. It was the first one, it was good then, its not good now.

. It's the specific changes that are made from year to year that are destroying the game experience.

This is insane to think. Do you believe MADMIKE that people will pay money for the same game with the same exact things every year? Its a business man, and all changes, things added have made this game more popular.

They should have taken the greatness of COD4 and made simple but effective changes. Instead we see a clear lack of genuine innovation designed to cater to the lowest common denominator in the COD community. 

I really mean you absolutely no offense but this is contradictory and dumb. Every game after MW is a progression, in perks, options, streaks, points, game modes, etc. Every single one. Nothing will ever emulate MW nor should it. I apologize, but your reasoning is really as your name implies "Mad"

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

I am guessing you are the lowest common denominator of the gaming community and am glad Ghosts wasn't catered to you.

Zetadogg

Bummer you'e not having fun.

I can at least give you a tip about the sentry gun that may help bring a smile to your face if you try it.

Don't set it and forget it.

You can think that the sentry gun is there to cover your back if you are holding down an area, but that's boring, frankly, and will only get you a couple of kills (if your lucky) before someone nine-bangs it back to the scrap yard

or you can realize...

That the sentry gun is better than any machine gun in the game.  And it is very easy to move.  I call in my sentry gun and then it goes with me.  If I see some enemies I drop it and go prone immediately.  Unless they are running Blind Eye, which isn't likely, you get lots of kills.  Remember, when you go prone to fire as well thus doubling your firepower.

Try it, it just might bring back those good ole days!

Peace

COTIARA

You say years of whining have ruined the game and then you go on to whine and whine and whine. You are right your whining and others is ruining a great game. Ghosts is easily one of the better CODs released. Much better than MW2 or Blops 2

Runandgunerring

The rose tinted specs are strong with this one. O.o

Are you really going to say that previous CoDs didn't have out and out BS in them? Stealth is a very VERY viable tactic in this game, and shields are one of the most complained about aspects of the game, as in they are apparently too powerful. I must say I find them to be WAY more effective than past versions!

Bielsalmighty

Studios