Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Probl...

in reply to SitRepPro

I've picked people off from crazy distances with Machine Pistols, but they were either unaware until too late, hurt, absolutely godawful, or they just couldn't get a bead on me due to bullet flinch and the speed with which I was getting off bursts. Considering ARs are supposed to be the jack-of-all-trade weapons in the game, I really dont see the issue with them scoring cross-map kills. Big whoop. SMGs require so many shots landed at long range that anyone getting killed in such a way genuinely deserved to get put down. If they fire back with an LMG (traditionally powered mind you) or an AR, the SMG user is going down. And damn right Shotguns should dominate CQC. Thats what they are meant to do. Now, how does someone with decent gunskill force a Shotgun outside of THEIR intended use? They dont, as they are prevented from doing so by the game mechanics. The same should apply to Sniper Rifles too.

Bielsalmighty

in reply to Bielsalmighty

If I'm regularly getting long distance kills with an AR then it's a problem as there's no need to use a gun for longer distances.  People expect their AR or SMG to cover most sight lines rather than let the game make people think what their loadouts should entail.  Cross map kills with ARs are outside of their intended use by definition.

SitRepPro

in reply to SitRepPro

If you'd said SMGs you'd be right. Saying thats not right for ARs is totally wrong though. JACK OF ALL TRADES. Useable in all situations, but master of none. I'd much rather use an OHK sniper than an AR if I was going to go for a cross-map kill. I wouldn't dream of using a shotgun though as it isn't viable at all.

Yet get into CQC with snipers, and how many do you see bother to switch to their secondary, or have bothered to switch before moving? Precisely.

Bielsalmighty

Switching the secondary would give them a massive disadvantage.  Because it takes TIME to switch which if they are getting shot at is not a smart idea.

Again you are complaining about them not doing what YOU WANT THEM TO DO, which will allow you to get the easy kill which seems like the only way for you to get kills if you are complaining about snipers.

Vrruumm

in reply to Vrruumm

Running Fast Swap would mitigate that somewhat, or as I said SWITCHING BEFORE THEY STARTED TO MOVE which is what should be the case anyway.

The POINT I'M MAKING is about weapons performing as they should not, which snipers undeniably do, on a very regular basis. A shotgun is very consistent within its area of supposed dominance (R870) people scream OP and wonder why its CQC ability was never nerfed. A sniper performs decently well where it has zero right to do so whilst retaining its all-range OHK ability, people call it balanced and wonder why it gets its CQC potential toned down. Riiiighto then.

Oh, btw, knocking the ability of whom you are debating with is usually indicative of not having much of a point "Oh you dont agree with me you must be bad at the game" real mature there champ! *thumbs up*

As for the 'Snipers aren't dominant in MLG' argument - all guys who play that are evenly matched in terms of gun skill. When gun skill is at a stalemate, positioning becomes all important, so weapons which offer a greater speed of movement to reach those positions become all important.

Bielsalmighty

So you are telling people how they are supposed to use a weapon?  A sniper can outperform any weapon depending on players and situations.

I just think that you are upset about snipers because they ruin your highest killstreak of 5 when you could have gotten 6.

If people don't quickscope at the highest form of gaming then there is no reason to complain about so good player with a sniper whooping everyone's ass in the lobby.  If you do complain about them, then why aren't you complaining about the guys that use SMGs or ARs and go 40-10 in TDM by running and gunning?  Because they must be considered unbalanced based off of your points/opinions.

Vrruumm

in reply to Vrruumm

No, I'm saying how a weapon is supposed to perform. The fact that people, quite commonly, use it otherwise shows it is somewhat out of whack. Lets be hypothetical and apply your logic to Shotguns - due to circumventing the game mechanics, now I can OHK you cross map with buckshot. I mean, thats fair, who are you to tell me how to use a weapon?

And yes, you continue to make assumptions about me as a player. It really validates your point.

Bielsalmighty

From your logic, due to circumventing the game mechanics a SUV now can out handle a F1 car in FM5.  But from my logic is that with the right driver that SUV can do amazing things but will never be able to compete on every track compared to much better handling cars.

Considering the topic has been beaten to death and there is still some sort of quickscoping, validates my point.

Vrruumm

in reply to Vrruumm

Considering my point is that snipers needed a tweak, and that is precisely what they have gotten, trumps any validation you have.

Having already reverted to the pointless CoD-neanderthal stereotype of 'You disagree with me therefore you are bad' are you now going to compound it by insisting nerfs and tweaks are entirely based off the whinging of dirty casuals? Dont let me down now...

Bielsalmighty

Have you played the beta for BF4 then?  If the SCAR had as much recoil in that game as it an AR in Ghosts people will be moaning it had too much recoil because they couldn't pick people off longer than they ought to.  Either that or make DMR's a 2HK with infinite range more or less, which I would want anyway.  The SVU's default scope is rubbish so don't suggest that.   I usually switch to a pistol.  I sometimes decided against it in BO2 because of those stupid challenges (bloodthirsties etc) so if I was on 4 kills with the FN Ballista and I saw someone hiding in a corner I'd just go round the corner and kill them with the rifle instead.  In Ghosts there's no need as the map sight lines are good for snipers.  The problem that IW brought upon themselves is they gave the USR, the favourite quickscopers weapon, a movement speed of 90% when they have adopted 3arc's method of granting faster movement speed with a pistol equipped.

Some 'SMGs' are actually designed for longer engagements than people realise.  PDWs are one of them.  And shotguns ought to have longer range anyway.  If people can't deal with quickscopers shotguns with decent range will actually help.  The same as strong LMGs will help against real snipers.  Both shotguns and LMGs are weak in this game.

If you get into CQC with a sniper and they have the weapon that takes the longest to ADS, largest hipfire spread, slowest rate of fire and lose then either they had the drop on you, or they were at a connection advantage.  You're not going to get IW admitting the latter.

SitRepPro

Studios