Why bother with different game modes, everyone plays like its TDM...

Ghosts XBOX 360

Doesn't matter which of the very few Obj game types I play, 3/4 of these kids don't even bother to look at the objective, never mind actually go for it.

The Black Ops 2 Score streak system is what made people actually move around in Non TDM modes.

A tag goes towards your streaks, a flag cap goes towards your streaks, not having any of this gives no incentive for people to play the Objective.  People will just continue to sit around, not because the games new and they do not know the maps, because there's no reason for them to move.

Not to mention, the Point Streak system let Rushers make an impact on the game.  With all these flanking routes, a BO2 style system would have worked great.

I the quality of the game shows.  The only competitive game types aren't even in the game anymore.

Rotating Objectives like HQ and Hardpoint force people to atleast move

Paddi1
20 REPLIES 20

Exactly. Seeing as how flag caps and tags don't count towards killstreaks, the incentive is gone. I've never seen so many people hiding in corners in a FPS game.

Noob_Lyncher

I love that winning the match is no longer considered an incentive.

AudibleTuna

I just picked it up today and haven't played, but figured it would be that way without the scorestreaks. I'm guessing my game of choice is going to be Cranked judging by the game play I've seen. It certainly won't be TDM just because I abhor that mode.

Gunzby

I've yet to start the Live multiplayer, soooooo meh. I might not now.

XFHawkeye

If you're one who plays by moving around the map, goodluck.  Run and Gunners literally got fucked in this game.  They brought back unlimited sprint as a perk, and lightweight, yet no one wants to move.

Paddi1

Agreed. It even stopped me in my tracks, I was taken by surprise that my usual SMG class is pretty useless now.

And it's not necessarily because of people camping.. I believe it's the health issue.

It's just impossible to play the objective when you have no way of defending yourself, you're just dead as soon as someone is shooting at you. But this could easily be fixed and other than that, the game is pretty good.

xGoGoYx

Couldn't agree more to this either…. you die in one shot regardless the gun. Cannot differentiate weapon strength anymore, they're all over powerful.

mikeflemming34

Strange.. I went 54-7 playing Domination on Whiteout with a K7, running and gunning.

I think your lack of success while run'n gunning is due to your lack of situational awareness & knowing where on each map SMG's are a viable option.

AudibleTuna

Somewhat true. It depends on the skilfulness of the opposing team.

My MTAR doesn't get me very far on very big maps unless the other team is clueless. But even then, I still find myself pushing choke points in a more reserved way AND with an AR.. simply because it is foolish to think that there isn't someone sitting there with a rifle covering it long range (8/10 definitely the case).

xGoGoYx

Studios