Will Infinity Ward Comment on any of the Issues with this game?

Ghosts XBOX 360

Known (updated as new issues added)

Multiplayer

Game typeIssueResponse/Corrective Action from IW
AllSpawn System
AllNo Dedicated Servers
AllMissing Game Modes (ie. Lack of Hardcore game modes)
AllHit/Kill Detection without monitoring the kill feed.
AllIn Game Muting
AllPerk: Amplify has no counter
Hardcore TDMNo Mini Map when pressing Start

General

IssueResponse/Corrective Action from IW
No Theater Mode

Clan App

Double XP not given to each member based on time played, like it was in MW3
No PC Access

Ghosts Forum

No access to older posts, like most forums

There is a Search Widget on the front page of the forums. Put the topic in that you are searching for there and it will return all the relevant threads. You can then filter it by Subforum, User, or Content.

If you are looking for your own posts, or threads you have replied to, or simply want to keep up with an interesting thread you saw, utilize the Inbox Stream. I have several custom streams set up that follow certain people or discussions. All you have to do is click the Follow Button and add it to the stream you wish to monitor. Each stream can have it's own notification settings and they're super easy to set up.

From: Claire JeepChick | Forum Moderator: Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

Please feel free to add responses and I will updated as needed.  Will include responses, IF WE EVER GET ANY.

Thanks,

~Tek

TeknicFire
61 REPLIES 61

Missing game modes? Lack of HC game modes? In-Game muting? Hit/Kill detection without having to monitor the kill feed? Anyhow, those are a few that annoy me. But best of luck getting any "official" responses.

austinwbest

I expect them to release a patch addressing most of these issues soon, but i doubt youll get much more of a response beyond that.

Megadog14

We all expect them to make patches to the game.  But they have not come forward and stated anything in this regard.  Until then the best way to get answers is to keep everything together in one location.  There are many discussions posting about the same things.  I am just trying to compile them in one location for all to see.

TeknicFire

They'll probably push through a patch on November 22nd with the release of the Xbox One as they won't want their flagship game to suffer on their wife's flagship console.

xThatTributeGuy

Sometimes, just getting some sort of acknowledgment from the developer acknowledging awareness of a problem, can go a long way to calming down a community. Sure we all want everything to be 100% the way we want it, but oftentimes knowing that we are being listened too makes a huge difference.

That's where I applaud a developer like DICE. There have been so many issues upon release of Battlefield 4, that their battlelog forums have been getting flooded with tons of people complaining about stuff.

But the DICE team have been SO active on their forums, and are continuously answering people, letting people know that they are aware of issues, and sticky-ing threads that alert gamers to known issues at the time and what is being done about them. That's the proper way to handle a community. They are also highly active on twitter as well, and their official twitter handle often replies back to people reporting issues with simple statements like - "we've passed the information on" or "we will look into it" or "a fix is in the works", or "we are aware of this issue".

It's the little things that developers do that really help establish a relationship between themselves and the community.

Infinity Ward? They had no relationship with the CoD community before Ghosts. Why are they expected to have one now?

That "Response from IW" column will largely remain blank. I wish I was joking as well, but we all know it's true.

Tick7

Speculating that something will happen is not what we as a community deserve, as Tick7 stated.  Just an acknowledgment from Infinity Ward would appease the masses.  I will not deny the facts that they have taken the time to work hard on the game.  But it seems as though this game wasn't polished and upholds the Standards known for the Franchise.  We know that our voices will be heard, but it still leave the question of "When".

TeknicFire

IW was pretty vocal with MW3. I can't say if that hurt or helped them because it gave some very loud people an audience to yell at. But 3arch took more of the communist route and censored everything.  So who knows if policy has changed throughout Activision or IW wants to adopt their style of communication.

Personally, I prefer the open communication.  But I understand it's not fun to respond to people bitching 24/7.  Although in reality, that's what good customer service is.

Deleted User
Highlighted
SrgntMerkWorthy

RE:  Finding older posts.

There is a Search Widget on the front page of the forums. Put the topic in that you are searching for there and it will return all the relevant threads. You can then filter it by Subforum, User, or Content.

If you are looking for your own posts, or threads you have replied to, or simply want to keep up with an interesting thread you saw, utilize the Inbox Stream. I have several custom streams set up that follow certain people or discussions. All you have to do is click the Follow Button and add it to the stream you wish to monitor. Each stream can have it's own notification settings and they're super easy to set up.

Hope that helps.

Stay Frosty

Claire JeepChick | Forum Moderator: Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts
Questions/Concerns/Quibbles/Comments?
Send me a PM

Moderator Moderator

Studios