Will Infinity Ward Comment on any of the Issues with this game?

Ghosts XBOX 360

I never said that the factually have dedicated servers or not. I pointed out reason why i may think they have dedicated servers. Nor did I make statements saying that they dont have host migrations. I have just yet to see a host migrations. Doesnt mean there are dedicated servers , doesnt mean there arent, I just havent seen host migrations.

You got proof that they dont have dedicated servers ? Lets here your theories. Stating they dont without an reasons why isnt going to help your point.

starbuckfrack Level 72

No one can prove if they do or not, it really is that simple. It is everyones assumptions vs their word. The only way to know is if they publicly where to show the IP that everyone was connected to and you get info on it that way. Even then who is to say that is not fake. There simply put is no way to know. So constant bitching about it or constant defending it, really is only making the poster feel better i guess.

austinwbest

austinwbest wrote:

No one can prove if they do or not, it really is that simple. It is everyones assumptions vs their word. The only way to know is if they publicly where to show the IP that everyone was connected to and you get info on it that way. Even then who is to say that is not fake. There simply put is no way to know. So constant bitching about it or constant defending it, really is only making the poster feel better i guess.

Actually some people have come on to this forum seeing they connected to the same location everytime. these people are known to be honest in their word. I believe them.

starbuckfrack Level 72
Highlighted

i DO appreciate you being optimistic about things, that's a good characteristic.

Technique755

I have had lag and host migration, and before anyone says something stupid about my connection, i am on a 100 up/down fiber connection. Anyhow what i have noticed, except for once, everytime there has been a hint of lag it has migrated almost instantly, and it does it quickly and does not drop the game like BO2 did quite often. So they must have known the dedicated servers was a load of ..... as they spent a lot of time and effort perfecting the migration/detection systems

austinwbest

It all goes back to the lack of promised Dedicated Servers.

TeknicFire

They never promised a certain amount of servers for the 360 and never said we would all be on dedicated servers.

starbuckfrack Level 72

GHOSTS ONLINE CONNECTIVITY UPDATE: "I wanted to give a quick update on some of the work that has been done to improve everyone’s online experience. We’ve already mentioned dedicated servers as part of the overall plan to improve connectivity. Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance. Again these are just some of the things that are going into Call of Duty: Ghosts to give players a great online experience. Can’t wait to see you all online."

Here is the quote from Mr. Rubin. and the link for your info Mark Rubin Comments on Dedicated Servers in Call of Duty: Ghosts

This statement implies that MP will utilize Dedicated Servers not any P2P mentioned.

TeknicFire

This again leaves a loop hole. Anyone there can state the P2P had a better connection at the start of the game than the closest dedicated server. Considering a P2P connection can change based on the connection (shared vs fiber for example) the connection speed can drop during game play.

austinwbest

It implies nothing. It clearly states that dedicated AND listen servers will be used. Do you even understand what a listen server is?

Megadog14

Studios