Ghosts XBOX 360

Wiretap...

Ive played around with a lot of perks up to this point but I have never used wiretap. I recently opened up my 6th squadmate and turned him into a sniper. I usually only play squads with my brother who is the absolute casual player so I never felt a need to create my 6th character. I also never snipe but figured my team should have one. I noticed looking through the characters initial perk list that he has wiretap. It got me wondering how it actually works.

Do you have to walk up to enemy satcoms and flip it ( hold x) like in past titles, to use it? Or will it automatically be useable upon enemies laying them down? And do they add on to satcoms your team has on the field to boost them up? If so this might be a perk I foolishly looked past. Especially since I play a lot of HC.

MadHatter12
12 REPLIES

Re: Wiretap...

in reply to MadHatter12

If an enemy places one it will work as if a friendly team mate placed one.

UK ScorpZ

in reply to UK ScorpZ

Thank you....Do you happen to know if they add on to your already friendly satcoms to boost up their ability?

MadHatter12

in reply to MadHatter12

If you have a friendly sitcom already active it will act as if there are 2 friendly satcoms active and so on.

Although its a strange perk, as I always run sitrep and destroy enemy equipment asap lol.

UK ScorpZ

in reply to UK ScorpZ

Thanks again then. Im a pretty casual player myself, usually log in about 6 gaming hours weekly. I get tied into the equp./ perks I get the most accustomed with.

MadHatter12

in reply to MadHatter12

I'm pretty much the same mate, the Mrs gets the hump if I play too much lol.

Usually grab an hour an evening if I'm lucky!

UK ScorpZ

in reply to UK ScorpZ

Yep, me also. I generally have a full week so I only get to play when Im off during the day ( Mrs at work, kids at school) or late at night when the family goes to sleep. I probably spend honestly about 4 hours a week on this game and 2 on Madden. Theyre the only two games Ive played since I started online gaming, about 5 years ago.

MadHatter12

in reply to UK ScorpZ

Awesome in FFA.....you'll have a full UAV in no time!

I still prefer Incog the most. People mistake you for a friendly so often.

ZvErS

in reply to ZvErS

Incog is another one I dont use. I know it basically reduces the ability of all the handicapping sights. How does it make people mistake you for a teammate? Remind you, I do play almost exclusively HC objective games. Is it only handy in FFA?

MadHatter12

in reply to MadHatter12

It means you don't show up with a big red name above you when targeted by an enemy.

UK ScorpZ

Studios