" Migrating Host".....and booted!

Ghosts XBOX 360

" Migrating Host".....and booted!

Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, more common recently too.  I would say on average lately, out if I play for 4 hours, we get a host migration an easy 4 times.  Typically I don't really care when it migrates, and when it does go through it seems faster than before however something else is happening.  Over half the time it is migrating, everyone just ends up getting booted from the game and thrown back into the main lobby.  Any insight?  Happened 3 out of 5 games last night.  Seems to be getting worse. 

Also I hear talks, and references to " hybrid servers", a mix between listen and dedicated servers.  I know dedicated servers would not completely cut "lag", and other connection ( big latency, bad ping) issues out completely, but I am not sure I have ever played on them.  As for location, as I am sure it will be mentioned, I am right outside of Detroit, Mi. . 

Any one experiencing this, noticed an increase in this lately.  Is it something I should just expect and live with, or something that will pass/get better? 

SrgntMerkWorthy
6 REPLIES

Re: " Migrating Host".....and booted!

in reply to SrgntMerkWorthy

Yes...since last week I've had a lobby close 10 times or so and seen a ton of host migrations.  I'm not sure when they are getting the servers up and running but I suspect they aren't at this point.

I can always tell when I'm host because I can't hit the broadside of a barn even when it's 2 feet in front of me.  I shoot a full clip into an enemy, kill cam shows me dying and not even firing a shot....fun stuff.

Leetch

in reply to Leetch

Yea those wtf moments seem to happen more often, weather I pulled host, or not.  It is hard to tell.  Some games it is obvious that we are on the ladder end of connection but I'm sure it goes both ways.  It was almost to the point  when it migrated I think " great, better connection, better host, whatever, this might help".  I am now learning to expect the boot when it shows a migration start.  I have also ( like many others) got the " servers are not available" prompt, and have to wait a few minutes to reconnect, although not as often as the first week.  Have also got "black screened" a few times...where in the middle of a game it goes black and silent, and is followed by a very strange message, that I, being mainly an English speaking, non computer coder, am left saying with friends " what duh fuh".  I have one of them written down at home, it was strange, I don't remember off the top of my head what it was( contained a lot of underscores, and a few random game references, followed mostly by what I decided is jibberish.   

SrgntMerkWorthy

I kind of feel like this is a massive open beta prior to the Christmas rush.  Put it out a month early, figure out the bugs then get em fixed by Christmas.

Maybe that's just hope on my end that they will fix it.  I'm sure they have a list of issues and are working on it, just hopefully some of it gets fixed sooner rather than later.

Leetch

Last night I was one kill away from a Gryphon, and I was playing with one other guy and he got booted, and it booted me to the lobby, and said a player in your party lost connection to the host and we followed them back to the lobby. How stupid is this? This game does some dumb things when it comes to connectivity.

Diesel_Fox

A lot of my Twitter feed the last couple of days has been full of people saying the same thing. I get the feeling that it's beginning to grate on them now. I hope IW finds a proper fix for this soon.

foo1sgo1d

I had a weird host migration last night. While the game was loading up (just before the countdown timer), the host migrated. When migration finished, and the countdown timer was counting down, everyone was able to run around and shoot.

sgtkijin

Studios