"feathering" shots lol...

Ghosts XBOX 360

So, while pub stomping last night a party of their own enters with their loud conversation mid way through.

They mention that they are going to use an undetermined long-range scope, but that it's necessary to "feather" your shots with it for it to be effective.

Not surprisingly, these dorks backed out on siege once the game was about 80-30....

Just what in the fuck does "feathering" your shots mean in COD?

Gotta know this one.  Never realized just how realistic the physics were in this game that such a term could possibly come into play.

kustom_shoota1
4 REPLIES 4

mean they are not going to hold down the trigger, they will push, let go, push let go, this is used to control recoil in some guns

W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

well, if that's all that it means, I've gotten through life using the term "burst" just fine

kustom_shoota1

yeah.. it can be confusing though saying burst, that could mean the attachment, and burst usually has delay between feathering id done with automatics with still no delay but taking advantage of the no recoil the gun may have in the first few shots

W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

yea I know in this game the actual "burst fire" attachment was born from the "select fire" attachment so I can see the need to use a different term.  Ole well

kustom_shoota1

Studios