COD GHOSTS IS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT

Ghosts Xbox One

it could be im guessing your playing on a big screen TV?

if thats the case your probably blaming the wrong people or things for lagging.

a big screen tv and your setup could be giving u input lag have u checked up on that?

TWINDEATHSTAR

Either way, one half wouldn't be lagging more than the other.

gotsomestars Level 75

I'm playing on XB1, and while I might not be the best player, I'm not completely incompetent.  I can deal with "missing".  I can't deal with seeing an enemy, pulling the trigger, feeling the controller rumble with 5-6 shots (OK...maybe 3-4), feeling the hit of the one shot that killed me, then watching the cam and seeing that the guy who killed me was firing before I even pulled the trigger and in the cam I never even got off a shot.  If I'm firing at someone and I miss then fine...I suck and I died.  But I played about 6 regular matches last night and similar scenarios happened multiple times.

And I have the fastest hi-speed cable internet connection available through Cox, as well as a very good modem and router (I have no clue what they are at the moment) so I don't think it's an issue with my connection.

NinjaTurtlexxxx

Always blame lag, don't we all ?

I play with an average 220ms, except in asia I should always lose a straight gunfight, then why I don't ? Now that I'm more used to the controller sticks, I'm getting really good scores and kill ratios.

You see: 15 years ago I was playing Starcraft 1 with 250ms and I had a lot of lag spikes, today I have 15 years of training dealing with lag, I can play in European servers at 330ms and still get a decent score. Like the issue I had with the Xbox controller to aim, I had it with the lag long ago, instead of complaining I tried to find a way around it, and yes, it's quite disappointing emptying an entire mag and the killcam says you didn't fire at all, but face it: you either get used to it, or go play something else that's not a FPS 'coz all the games act like that eventually.

If you all are going to complain in the forums about that death of yours that was totally lag based instead of playing the game, then no one will help you ever, no matter how good your connection is.

Ozhm

Yeah...OK...I didn't realize that we were in the presence of a FPS God who's here to set us all straight and tell us to just deal with it.

Thanks...you've been a great help.

NinjaTurtlexxxx

You didn't get this point, so I'll say it again, this time, in bold, for more notice:

If you all are going to complain in the forums about that death of yours that was totally lag based instead of playing the game, then no one will help you ever, no matter how good your connection is.

Want me to underline it too ?

Ozhm

Seems you need to keep in mind that this game plays very differently for many people depending on their location. It seems by your egotistical response in regards to "lag" you are located in an area where you are not effected to the level that some are. I anticipate for you that it does not become part of your experience.

What you have written is, everyone else is wrong except you and the experience you have is exactly what everyone else experiences. Not with this game, not even close, the functionality and connectivity of this game is so drastic that people who live less then a few blocks away from me on the same node, same isp have a totally difference experience, in regards to the type of lag, hit detection and so on.  Shall I go prove them wrong because my connection to the game is ok, but theirs is horrible even though we are on the same node, same ISP?

Good for you the experience is what you expect, for many this is not the case.

Teaix1

I'm pretty sure you missed my point...which was that it happens all the time.  If it were just one time, I wouldn't give a crap, but it's been pretty consistent.  I gave the scenario above an example, but I also said that it happened multiple times over 6 matches.  I just think that there is a bigger problem than just my sucky playing when I know that I fired my weapon, but the kill cam shows that I never fired a shot.  I don't know what to call it other than lag when I turn a corner and fire, but the Kill Cam shows me shooting at an open area and the player who killed me is 5 feet past where I'm shooting.  I'm not THAT bad.  I felt BO2 was the same way, although not nearly as bad.  In MW2 and BO I did not see it anywhere close to this.

And it's not like I'm the only one who is seeing this issue.

I'm going to continue to play and work on my game and hope it gets better...but it's still extremely frustrating.

NinjaTurtlexxxx

Well first of all paying attention to what the killcam shows means nothing. The killcam was never accurate nor is it a representation of what happened or a reflection of your connection. According to what I remember is the killcam is close to a representation of your game without lag comp..

Problem is you are using the killcam as a forensics tool when it is just their for entertainment. That is it.

Everybodys gamestate is different even in a LOT of games beside COD in splitscreen.

starbuckfrack Level 72

I play with a base 220ms lag, I'm pretty sure what you're talking about ^_^

When it comes to lag ( bursts apparently unfired; getting one shot killed when killcam says he shoot at you for a long time; reaching a point and dying when killcam says you didn't reach the point; etc ) I can say it's either: match host giving you a hard time, or your own connection derping for a few matches. In any way, if you feel like the lag won't let you play the match, just leave; least you avoid KDA drops and wasted time in my opinion.

Shamely anything that says "online" involves lag, so no multiplayer game is exonerated of it. If a game has more or less lag than another pretty much depends on how many players active, the live server capacity and each player's bandwidth.

In my own experience: Ghosts has less lag than Blops2 when it comes to one shot KOs and such. I'm not an expert on networks, but I believe Ghost is more globe prepared for lags and ping  differences than Blops2 was (Blops2 was totally region locked by ping BTW). I guess everyone live and learn based in their own experiences with the damn lag. (=

Ozhm

Studios