Dedicated Servers

Ghosts Xbox One

Spark looks really fun... making a game with my boys to just screw around in.

... but...

... Titanfall and The Division have me really excited for 2014.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Project Spark is also on the Xmas list for me and my lad.

Also very exited about Titanfall

- Respawn (more CoD than CoD?)

- CoD + space opera + mechs - no bad here !

- Use of cloud computation to take a load of my mc leaving assets for other game features

- Using dedis for match making (the end of host DB! hooray)

I will get an X1 and ghost (both are on preorder) but this game is lookign pretty interesting to me.

gallp13

Your typical call of duty drone has become accustomed to the half dozen host migrations per game , the occasional host lagswitcher and the inevitable games lost due to a host dashboard , who wants to trade all that for a consistent connection for hours on end with Dedis.

Were more than happy with an antiquated Quake 3 engine and a new host every 6minutes and 22seconds, also cant wait for the new gun skins and carried over BO2 maps for Ghost DLC.

Oh yeah dont forget the new fish physics. LOL.

ChronicCritic1

XBL is swiching to dedicated servers for next gen. PS3 has dedicated servers atm, it is unlikly COD will use dedicated servers overall though but instead run it off there own P2P servers.

T-boss

Actually though there is no actual proof of that. COD ghosts for example might run off the cloud to P2P (for a better choice of words).

starbuckfrack Level 72

current XBL servers can support the xbox1 P2P style(like they are doing xbox360 now), microsoft added 4x the servers which is overkill for P2P, so dedicated is very likly, but those servers are also unlikly related to COD's servers which XBL simply connects you too. PS3 is confirmed dedicated servers now, so PS4 is very likly to have them.

as for cloud, the more game logic that runs on it, the laggier the game will be, hence y titenfall devs current claims suggest very minor cloud computing later on, to prevent their game from being a worse lagfest than MW3. COD is cheap in game development to P2P is most likly XBL servers will help but the game itself wont run on them, halo might, cod wont.

T-boss

T-boss wrote:

XBL is swiching to dedicated servers for next gen. PS3 has dedicated servers atm, it is unlikly COD will use dedicated servers overall though but instead run it off there own P2P servers.

Not sure where your getting your information. Microsoft has said that they are giving developers the option to use their Azure infrastructure.

You're making it sound like Dedis are standard. They are most definately not.

mdub

A small win? Maybe a large one!!?

Looks like XBOXone will be using the cloud and hosting dedicated servers.  YAY!

I wonder what is meant by "dedis" in this context?  Does anyone have any in depth information on what this means without speculation what is meant by a dedi?  We have our desires and expectations, but they may not match what is actually happening.

Anyways this at least can only be a step forward for the XBOX COD community.  Now if Sony would only do something for the PS users (lol... which I am btw)

2h      

Breaking News: Call of Duty: Ghosts WILL have Dedicated Servers on XboxOne! GhostsMP CODGhosts

RLBL

nvm: Vims provided a link in another thread which has some useful information

http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-about-the-xbox-live-cloud/

RLBL
Highlighted

Thanks for the link, interesting.

TWISTED BULLET#4382995

Studios