How long till the majority of the current gen transition to xbox one?

Ghosts Xbox One

So how long do you guys reckon it'll take for the majority of the 360 community to transition to the xbox one? When will you transition if you're not getting it for xbox one first? I can see a big portions clearly will be around Christmas time. Obviously it's not something we can 100% predict right now but a decent topic to talk about.

I'm personally unsure if I should get a copy for the 360 as I'm trying to get the xbox one day one =/

Keep it clean

ManaKeen#6506241
52 REPLIES 52

I got money one my xboxone so i will be going to xboxone day one and all of my friends are doing the same o and also if you need to get a xboxone you can got to xbox.com to put money down on one.

LastSnow78

Yeah, I'm guessing there'll be a big jump to nex-gen around Christmas.

From what I understand, COD Ghosts will launch 2 to 3 weeks before the XBONE is available. I'm not sure if they have GameStop where you live, but they have a deal going on, where if you buy Ghosts for the XBOX360, you can trade it in when Ghosts comes out, and for an additional $10 you get Ghosts for XBONE. So you're paying $10 to be able to play Ghosts for 2 or 3 weeks.

I also heard that any XP you've earned on the current-gen Ghosts will transfer over when you upgrade to the next-gen console. I don't know if this is a one-time thing, or if anytime you gain any xp on either console, it advances the other.

r8edtripx

r8edtripx wrote:

Yeah, I'm guessing there'll be a big jump to nex-gen around Christmas.

From what I understand, COD Ghosts will launch 2 to 3 weeks before the XBONE is available. I'm not sure if they have GameStop where you live, but they have a deal going on, where if you buy Ghosts for the XBOX360, you can trade it in when Ghosts comes out, and for an additional $10 you get Ghosts for XBONE. So you're paying $10 to be able to play Ghosts for 2 or 3 weeks.

I also heard that any XP you've earned on the current-gen Ghosts will transfer over when you upgrade to the next-gen console. I don't know if this is a one-time thing, or if anytime you gain any xp on either console, it advances the other.

Awesome I'm from the UK so hopefully Game does something similar I'll have to check that out over the weekend thanks

ManaKeen#6506241

2-4 years.

Vrruumm

iivrruummii wrote:

2-4 years.

I wonder how matchmaking will be, on the new gen systems? Those pools, will get pretty shallow, once DLC is released.

mdub

If they decreased the amount of playlists, I don't think that there will be that big of a problem.  If they can keep the lowest pool of players above 5000 then it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Vrruumm

iivrruummii wrote:

If they decreased the amount of playlists, I don't think that there will be that big of a problem.  If they can keep the lowest pool of players above 5000 then it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

I dont think that they will be able to do that. People wont be happy with next gen..... if they get half the playlists.

mdub

It looks like they have cut out many old gamemodes and they might be reducing the amount of playlists also.

Vrruumm

iivrruummii wrote:

It looks like they have cut out many old gamemodes and they might be reducing the amount of playlists also.

The new Search and Rescue, looks like it has serious potential.

mdub

Studios