I'm sad to admit: I've reported some Xbone player for cheating.

Ghosts Xbox One

Of course you can have a wall hack.  It's just not expected to be there on a new console.  I haven't followed this thread too much since my original post.  So I may be speaking out of turn here but you may very well have come across some real bonafide hackers and as such I'm glad that you reported them.  Even if it turns out that somehow they didn't hack, I'm still glad that you reported them because there's really no downside to it.  I think that others (again I haven't been following too closely) have offered some alternate scenarios that you feel didn't exist in your situation.  Fair enough but they would have been remiss to have not mentioned them.  Often folks come to the forum thinking that they've discovered cheating only to find out that they just didn't know what they were looking at.  Occasionally, someone comes to the forum and they are correct that cheating has occurred.  I don't know which one you are but try not to take it personally that others have offered other possibilities to explain what happened.  Their presentation of their ideas may have been lacking somewhat but their intentions were good (or at least most of them where).

phxs72

I'm not exactly stating they are hackers. I am, however, desperately looking for other explanations, that's why I'm here saying "sadly I reported someone" instead of "yay! I reported a hacker, where's my reward??".

I've analyzed most of the possibilities people state here, but I'm afraid they still don't fit.

I'm also a very paranoic person that sees with bad looks any killcam that doesn't look legit, however these cases I've been following for long and that's why I ended reporting. So my word is never final when it comes to cheating.

I am, however, still looking for a fair explanation that could suit the situations I explained, 'coz, like I said, I have many more of them from the same users, so it's still looking too suspicious for me.

Ozhm

on the 360 yes its a system that's been around for years with a game that uses MW3 coding. on the One its very hard to believe new system new game coding not to mention that most people are still on the old gen so most hackers are still there. you got to understand its trail and error when modding or hacking something if you mess up there is a possibility you just fried whatever your trying to mod or hack. with all that its slim to none that you saw a hacker and didn't just have someone get lucky or there team call out your location through there mic.

Bubbakush1

OK, new update:

I've played five matches with a couple of people with his clan tag in gold ( 'sup with that BTW? ). They start dominating everyone, specially one of them, scores like 28/7 in TDM in my team. Second match, another score like that from the same guy. Third match, that one guy gets a lame 15/8 or something like that, and his clan partner gets a 26/6. I watch them play and they are constantly running around killing everyone without issue at all. Fourth match, they are in the enemy team, we lose, and their scores are again like that. fifth match, they are back on my team, they both go 19/12~, and I end 19/9 winning the lead by 60 points for 3 assists; achieved MVP Team Deathmatch Patch, "Public Enemy".

I'm AFK to celebrate and use the toilet; come back and check my operations, and I notice I earned points towards perks I didn't have, like Quickdraw and Blind Eye.

So, what's you explanation here ? More oracles and Squadmates ? [/sarcasm]

(Before you even bother to ask: no, I didn't use the Gambler perk).

Ozhm

The gold clan tag is earned once your clan reaches level 11. However, there is a hack out there where people are changing their clan tag colors.  So it's hard to say whether or not their tags are legit but there are quite a few legit gold tags out there at the moment.  Honestly, their scores look pretty normal to me.  Heck my own scores run in those circles.  I can have one match and go 30-5 with a Loki and the next match I might end up 15-12 if I don't get into a good rhythm against the opposing team.  The only thing that I can't explain is earning points towards perks that you don't have unlocked.  It sounds like a glitch in the game but it could be that someone forced it upon you by giving everyone on your team those perks.  Perhaps that's how these guys are cheating?  Maybe they have found a way to give themselves the benefit of all the perks without having to display that they have them on the killcam?

phxs72

Is it even normal for the golden clan tag to show as part of their names on the scoreboard ?

BTW, their KDA were nearby 1.7 each of them, they don't seem to have bad matches, and like I said: if one sucks, the other makes an epic comeback.

About the perks: If it's a glitch it can be googled, else... well ya know: HACKS ^_^ Notice that the points I had didn't match the times I'd use the perk in question. Would of need a theater mode to check, but I'm sure if it was a glitch, it wasn't triggered by me, but made me a much more skilled player that I am.

Ozhm

The gold tags are supposed to show on the scoreboard and in game.  Although they don't always show and that is a game glitch.  Again I don't know that those guys weren't cheating.  I know when I'm running with one of my better clanmates, we often finish first and second place on our team.  Whose in first and whose in second just depends on who found the enemy more often but we both tend to do well.  The big problem with TDM though is that it's kill limited.  So if one person just goes ham then it's pretty likely that there will be some folks on that team that struggle to do much simply because one guy hogged all the kills.  That's something that I have to remind myself when I'm playing in a party of skilled TDM players and find myself bouncing around from top dog to last man on the totem pole.  As the perks go, I'm sure that you didn't make it happen.  Sometimes we are just the unwilling beneficiaries of strange things.  I've been playing for enough years now that I've seen the game do some rather random crazy stuff but I've also seen my fair share of hacks.  Sometimes figuring out which it was is next to impossible.  So when in doubt I always report.  I figure even if no hacking is found the devs should at least be able to see that something wrong was happening and maybe that produces a patch down the road.

phxs72

Coloured clan tags = ok

if gamertags are coloured - suspicion

omhz - I'm not saying that modding can't /won't occur on the X1. I can just go on what I know. First - aim bots/wall hacks have never been seen on consoles. Modded lobbies like prestige - yes. But for the X1 specifically - the only hacking I know of are the leaderboards.

By the way - if your suspicious of something use the X1 record feature - I gave you the tutorial above.

Here's the thing - @jeepchick is correct 100% - you can't post videos of actual cheating when gamertags / or instructions of cheating which could damage the community are seen. However, if you record something you can send video /links via PM to forum members - hopefully trustworthy ones.

Peace dude

big tip - if you are ever in a lobby you don't trust - leave immediately. To be sure - run over to your console and press the glowing power button. Reason - you can be punished for taking advantage of glitches,, with the latest round of the Banhammer - no prisoners were taken. Perps get bans,, "innocents" seen to take advantage get suspensions. Read the Code Of Conduct stickied in general discussions

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Moderator Moderator

This is slightly incorrect.  The Xbox 360 used to have wall hacks when people were jtagging their Xboxes.  To my knowledge jtags still exist but I don't think they can get online to play MP.  I haven't seen any actual game hacks on console since the infected playlists of MW2/BO.

mcdonamw

OK I played some FFA, top player went 30/5 in three consecutive matches, full killstreak (Trinity Rocket, Battle Hind, Helo Pilot) without failing. Every single one of his killscams totally bulls't. He leaves after the third match, on fourth match there's another guy that goes 30/5, full killstreak (Trinity Rocket, Battle Hind, Helo Pilot) without failing. Every single one of his killscams totally bulls't, their rank where different, their stats the same.

Some one please dare to say this one wasn't hacking.

Ozhm

Studios