Is it worth the upgrade for gaming?

Ghosts Xbox One

Hey guys, I've got a question. I plan to only use the Xbox One for gaming (none of the TV and music and stuff), and was wondering if you think the upgrade is worth it. I have an Astro A40 headset that I got for Christmas and am looking to invest in a SCUF controller, and I don't want to have to change my equipment come December - seems like a waste of money.

However, if there is a good reason to upgrade, I definitely will. Are there any significant perks that relate to gaming that the Xbox One will have? What decision would you make if you were me? Are you upgrading yourself? Why or why not?

Thanks for any help guys!

Lightwhistle1
25 REPLIES 25

Your headset should carry over. I would skip the controller since you're only months away now. I'm getting the new system(s) come he'll or high water and mine will be for gaming only.

Despising cheaters since 1970
bighead14701 Level 75

The controller is actually a birthday present, so I'll probably still get it just because I have nothing else to ask for But it's awesome that my headset will carry over, that really increases my chances of picking up the One.

Also, is there a specific reason you're switching, or do you just want to stay up-to-date with the latest tech? Thanks!

Lightwhistle1

Lightwhistle wrote:

The controller is actually a birthday present, so I'll probably still get it just because I have nothing else to ask for But it's awesome that my headset will carry over, that really increases my chances of picking up the One.

Also, is there a specific reason you're switching, or do you just want to stay up-to-date with the latest tech? Thanks!

Nothing carries over from 360 to xbox one. Microsoft has confirmed that.

mdub

PS4 also announced that nothing transfers over.  The PS4 isn't backward compatable with PS3 games.  Heck you have to wait until late 2014 until they get their cloud server up to even be able to access those games.

RallyOrDie

Games do not xfer over, but things like headsets probably will. Since they do not rely on the kernel of the xbox itself to work or not.

trialstardragon Level 70

Actually, I don't think the Headset carries over.  I can only tell you that I am taking a step back and waiting to see what happens with both consoles.  I just don't see the point in spending the $$ on something that at this point kind of a gamble.

I'd say to keep your mind open to purchasing either of the new systems and see which one is looking better next spring.  But that is just me, good luck with your decision.

otisman666

The headsets will carry over if you have an optical cable.  I don't mind paying an extra $100 for a working cloud service and better AAA titles.

RallyOrDie

I was just checking this out because of mdub's reply. It seems they are changing the talk back cable output on the new controllers. There's speculation they'll make some sort of adapter, but nothing set in stone. I'm still confused by the tb ghosts headset too. I read one comment saying it wouldn't work just yet. Wait and see I guess.

Despising cheaters since 1970
bighead14701 Level 75

RallyOrDie wrote:

The headsets will carry over if you have an optical cable.  I don't mind paying an extra $100 for a working cloud service and better AAA titles.

Give us the link thats says optical headsets will work.

Microsoft has made it very clear that nothing carries over. All Xbox 360 accessories run on incompatible tech. Turtle Beach has also confirmed.

mdub

Studios