Latency/ "lag issues"

Ghosts Xbox One

Exactly, a susinct summary....to susinctly summarise......is that a split infinitive?

gallp13

Actually... depending on how the cloud is being leveraged...

... latency could be significantly reduced.

For once, based on things I have seen at E3 on how other games are using it, I'm optimistic.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

rankismet wrote:

For once, based on things I have seen at E3 on how other games are using it, I'm optimistic.

Care to elaborate?   I was hoping for something along these lines as well.

Regarding what the developers might be able to do:

(where is Macc when you need him), wouldn't increasing the number of updates the host and client are receiving reduce some of the issues?  What about the 100ms movement delay thingy that Youtube heros like Drifor and Oven Baked have mentioned?

Point being, there are some things that the developers might be able to do to improve the state of the online experience.

otisman666

otisman666 wrote:

rankismet wrote:

(where is Macc when you need him), wouldn't increasing the number of updates the host and client are receiving reduce some of the issues?  What about the 100ms movement delay thingy that Youtube heros like Drifor and Oven Baked have mentioned?

Point being, there are some things that the developers might be able to do to improve the state of the online experience.

What you're referring to is the net code (tick rates). The cloud will not help with in game connections.

mdub

otisman666 wrote:

rankismet wrote:

As it relates to Ghosts... I have zero clue how they are using it.

But using Titanfall as an example, the cloud is handling bot/NPC AI and some of the environmental effects. If the amount of data passing between host is lessened, this will help. Also, the cloud may handle the lag compensation versus the host console... I just dunno.

I see the potential for it's use.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

Studios