My final word on sniping

Ghosts Xbox One

I started sniping in call of duty back around black ops 1 and got pretty serious with it in MW3. It's taken me a long time to get good at it and I enjoy the challenge of it. In Ghosts I snipe pretty much all the time except for some occasional time spent with the honey badger on the smaller maps and I maintain a respectable but not great 1.38 K/D. Recently IW saw fit to release a nerf for the sniper rifles because of community outcry. Personally I didn't see the need for this. I have always thought the arguments against QS and sniping in general were ridiculous: "It exploits a game mechanic" -well so does the drop shot and the jump shot its just part of the game. "It's not realistic" -I refuse to listen to a single arguement about realism in a game that allows you to stab someone through a hail of bullets, throw c4 like a frisbee and jump over bullets.

But the outcry seemed so severe that this weekend I decided to do what most sniper complainers won't do. I used an assault rifle all weekend to see things from the other side. So I set up a remington class and went to town. 1300 kills later I had taken my K/D from 1.38 to 1.47 and maintained a 1.87 K/D with the gun. Never once did I get sniped and not feel like it was a legit kill. I am sorry guys but these guns are melt cannons. If you aren't dominating with these guns you are doing it wrong. (I play almost exclusively TDM)

rrclimber
31 REPLIES 31

most of the people that complain about something being OP just get killed by it too much and once they try and use it fail to post the same stats other due so instead of just saying "damn i must not be as good as that player" they resort to ban, nerf, fix blah blah blah because it kills me to much or its for bad players because its not what me and my friends use or my favorite youtuber says its for baddies. now i'm not saying there haven't been nerfs that are actually justifiable but most are just to stop the crying of the masses of CoD players who just plan cant hold there own.

Bubbakush1

Before nerf: someone with a Remigton is shooting at you, you quickscope, he dies. If that's not OP then what is ?

lol man, realize the nerf wasn't from people crying too much but 'coz of people dying to sniper rifles who weren't in sniping position.

You say everyone QQs about something because they got killed by it too many times and they are not good at it: read the other posts in this thread: "I found rifles boring, so i went sniping, QQ on sniper rifle nerf!!".

Now that snipers actually need skills to quickscope sniping is over-nerfed ? Please, learn what are sniper rifles for instead of crying when you try to quicksope someone with an AR and he kills you, because that's the way it should be, and before the AR guy cried when you killed him with the OP quickscope.

The most used weapon in this game is the AK-12, did anyone ever complained by either dying or killing too much with the AK ?

You know, if I've ever seen a single "sniping is too easy" thread in my whole life, I'd hold my mouth here, but all I see about sniping threads is "sniping  is OP" and "sniping didn't need a nerf". Most snipers are literally sniper rifle exploiters, so glad it got nerfed.

Ozhm

get out of core or shoot better its not hard to beat a QSer. everyone does QQ about something look at all the nerf the I.E.D threads, nerf amplify, and if you use the search function you will see people have made threads saying the AK needs a recoil adjustment or a damg nerf. no where EVER did i say i QS i don't QS i smoke to much weed to have the patients to QS. i want to see who ever said the AK is the most used weapon in the game i think it just kills you the most i can go games without seeing it in matches. also if you read what i posted i never stated i agree or disagree with the fact sniping was nerfed i just gave the reason why guns get nerfed for CoD also if you read what i wrote you would see that i stated there have also been nerfs that were necessary and justifiable. and honestly bud with how much i have seen you complaining about something recently i think ghost isnt the game for you.

Bubbakush1

To be honest, i hate snipers, but in this game i thought they were fair. I feel like they were fair because you couldnt spawn kill with them. That was the only reason why i despised them in other cods because they were too easy to spawn kill. By the way, i read a lot of posts where they hate the spawns, but imo this is one of the best spawns ever in cod. People complain about killing a person in the enemy spawn and 2 seconds later he pops up again. Just get out of the spawn. I like how the spawns are unpredictable.

EthosPhantom

iamyourfather wrote:

but imo this is one of the best spawns ever in cod.

LMAO

dawg_pwnd

what COD do you suggest had better spawns than ghosts?

W_E_A_P_0_N_11_
Highlighted

At the moment? All of them. Though to be fair there has been a very definite improvement, and if they keep getting better at the rate they are then they should be as good as any other CoD pretty soon. Still too many instances of seeing the same name pop up consecutively in the killfeed for my liking...

Bielsalmighty

they are prob the best i have seen at least since mw2, when i started playing..  they are not perfect, and i do get the crap end of the stick like everyone else sometimes, but its better than a clan putting claymores on spawn and sitting behind the remainin spawn with FMG9s and spraying anyone who spawns in.. ill take these spawns over that (mw3) any day

W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

I think they just need to add in a few more spawn locations and it'd be fine. Case in point from the other night, on Strikezone HC Dom, I had a Gryphon out and was hovering outside the entrance to the bar from A. Some dude was stood to the left side of the doorway and I promptly blew him up. I was about to move in for some other enemies at the back when POOF another enemy appeared on the precise spot I'd just killed the last one. I stared at him for a couple of seconds in sheer disbelief, pulled the trigger (not losing my gryphon to that BS) and lo and behold it spawned ANOTHER guy right there immediately. Shot him and then mercifully the Gryphon timed out.

I felt really dirty, and I also couldn't figure out why it didn't spawn them in the seating area as opposed to smack bang in the middle of my blast reticle. O.o

Bielsalmighty

Studios