Switching between consoles

Ghosts Xbox One

Well, for starters, I'm very upset that the xbox one won't launch in Portugal in the launch date, cause I wanted to switch from playstation 3 to the Xbox One, mainly because of Call Of Duty...

Then I stated to think... What if i buy the game for the ps3 and then when the xbox comes out I switch to there??

It would be wonderfull that they could provide me with support to Maintain my progress from the ps3 to the Xbox one but it seems that that is only going to work in the cross generations but with the same tipe of consoles...

XFUZO_Alex96
10 REPLIES 10

I think it only works Xbox 360-Xbox One and PS3-PS4.  But you could import the Xbox One in November if you want to because there isn't a region lock.

Vrruumm

You might have to wait for more details.  I originally thought it was Xbox 360-Xbox One and PS3-PS4 as well but if you watch Geoff Keighley's interview with Mark Rubin he makes it sound as if stats are consitent throughout the Call of Duty universe and that it doesnt matter where you're playing, your stats and characters will be there.  He even says "any platform." 

Seems a little less than definitive but I took it as your stats would follow you across all platforms.  You can see the interview here and be the judge.  That stats topic comes in at about 3:45.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/59683/call-of-duty-ghosts-xbox-one-bundle-announced-dedicat...

avngr9

It's a transfer between consoles within the same family. If it were between Playstation and Xbox it would have been specifiically stated. What he said was if I played on Xbox 360 and you played on Xbox One and I played on your console my stats would carry over, back once again from your console to mine.

JobIessMoney

Your MULTIPLAYER character is stored , you can use your character on ANY platform.

for example if I play on 360 and goto a friends house I can use my character with all its rank and unlocks on his ps4 for example

Maccabi Level 75

maccabi wrote:

Your MULTIPLAYER character is stored , you can use your character on ANY platform.

for example if I play on 360 and goto a friends house I can use my character with all its rank and unlocks on his ps4 for example

How will this work if I have a different gamertag for Xbox360 than for PS3?

I actually own 2 PS3s and 1 XBOX 360. I'll be getting a PS4 and XBONE at launch. I'm not sure about the logistics of jumping from current-gen to next-gen AND jumping around from Sony to Microsoft and keeping the XP and rank. How does that work?

In my household we have a family xboxlive thing going, so that's 4 XBOX live gamertags, and we have 3 PS3 gamertags between us.

r8edtripx

Yeah okay, i hope its across any platforms thanks. As for the region lock yes there is, If i import the Xbox one to Portugal it will simply not work online, i saw it somewhere.

XFUZO_Alex96

You do know that in Portugal if you pre-order the Xbox ONE you get a free copy of FIFA 14. It may be late but you can still get it.

and Avenger. It is only "within the same family" so no PS and Xbox wont mix.

starbuckfrack Level 72

@StarBuckFrack - See the article below (also the video referenced above).  The data is stored as part of your elite profile. Thus, you can take your stats across platforms.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/08/22/call-of-duty-ghosts-character-transfer-works-between-any-plat...

LifeSong1

But that says your "character" can transfer. Not your game. Until they say you can transfer game saves / aceivements between consoles I wouldnt believe it.

For example what if you boosted to get an acheivement or glitched to get an acheivement on a modded PS3. Microsoft will then not be able to ban you for cheating.

BTW what video referenced above ?

starbuckfrack Level 72

Studios