Where are all hardcore Modes and team based game modes?

Ghosts Xbox One

Been playing game over 24 hours now and im disappointed by the lack of hardcore game modes and team based game modes. Is there going to be more hardcore modes? where is capture the flag instead you have given us dumbed down blitz what a load of rubbish. Where is Hardcore demolition?  There is no point to any of game modes its just run around shooting each other. Its boring the life out of everyone same old COD.  Be inventive sure you can make some more team orientated game modes. And make them hardcore too.

Look to socom and battlefield if you out of ideas because this dumbed down COD for children is lame we had these game modes for over ten years now and they were nothing special then.

Bring more HARDCORE BACK  P.S ricochet on hardcore is laughable

Smsuperfly
9 REPLIES 9

I like the new modes, makes me thing CoD developers are trying to do something else than just copy+paste old CoD titles.

Hardcore has the modes that are the most team oriented, so what's exactly your complain ? the lack of Demolition ? ask the community, 80% will vote for Hardpoint over demolition.

And BTW ricochet is totally inoffensive if you are a good player *cough*. Rather kill myself for shooting an ally than getting kicked out of the room for miss-aiming. Unless you want friendly fire on to shoot your own teammates ? Since you want demolition you seem to want BOOM!!! stuff more than tactical ones.

The reason why not all modes have their hardcore version is simply 'coz they would probably be impossible to win for either team. Imagine trying to score in Blitz dying from one hit or running around in Cranked with all the non-cranked players camping everywhere.

Try to come up with something better than "I want this!!" to get a kinda valid point for something.

Ozhm

Ozhm wrote:

I like the new modes, makes me thing CoD developers are trying to do something else than just copy+paste old CoD titles.

ask the community, 80% will vote for Hardpoint over demolition.

Almost all of the game modes are different flavors of Team Deathmatch. It's absolutely terrible. And who cares if 80% will vote for Hardpoint over demolition because hardpoint isn't in the game either. Activision is a joke. Thousands of people were asking for Demolition, HC SnD, Hardpoint, Headquarters, or CTF back since the game was released, and instead they gave us Heavy Duty. If you're a fan of TDM, this game is perfect for you, but if you actually like playing the game modes that made CoD famous, stick with BO2.

dawg_pwnd

So you are complaining of the lack of game modes ? Yeah, CTF was a classic, I heard this is the first CoD that doesn't have it. This is also the first CoD that's not MW nor BO so...

I'd wait for DLC; Rome wasn't built in a day.

Ozhm

Ozhm wrote:

So you are complaining of the lack of game modes ? Yeah, CTF was a classic, I heard this is the first CoD that doesn't have it. This is also the first CoD that's not MW nor BO so...

I'd wait for DLC; Rome wasn't built in a day.

I hope it comes back, but should we really have to shell out another $15 (or wait months if they are free but wait for a DLC release) just to play game modes? Is this going to be a new trend where they continuously release new games that have fewer and fewer modes just to be released months later? If the game isn't ready, don't release it (does anyone NOT think Ghosts wasn't ready to be released?)

Plus, the new trailer that was released seems like some sort of Mike Myers will be the new game mode, so it's not looking promising

dawg_pwnd

The reason they don't have more game modes for HC is due to player population.  Earlier CODs had it because there were lower versions of COD as a whole.  When they decided to put out a new COD every year, large portions of the fan base opted to stay on the previous version, thus year after year there are less and less people playing a given COD.  And now with new consoles, that splits the community even more.

I remember there were over 600 thousand players playing Black Ops 1 on the 360 every night.  Right now I've never seen more than 60 thousand on Ghosts on Xbox One.

IW/Treyarch has always stated that in order to provide an optimal match, they need higher numbers of people playing. HC in general has much less numbers than regular core, so in order to keep things optimal, they provide less game types to prevent segregation of what little population there is.

We HC players have been demanding more HC modes for years now.  They won't give it to us.  #MOARHARDCORE!

mcdonamw

mcdonamw wrote:

We HC players have been demanding more HC modes for years now.  They won't give it to us.  #MOARHARDCORE!

Although I would love a HC version of every game mode, I really just want HC SnD back. Search and Rescue isn't the same.

dawg_pwnd

I hear ya.  If I'm not mistaken, I belive I've seen the devs mention that HC SnD and HC CTF are usually some of the lowest populated lists back in the MW3/BO2 threads.  Ever since the #MOARHARDCORE initiative started those lists have been consistently requested.

the problem is, only a very small portion of the community voices their actual concerns on these boards.  This game caters to the mass population, which is the regular core community.  Sad but true.

mcdonamw

Well if IW removed game modes because of "low population" that just frustrates me even more. Have they even looked at Hunted and Infected? Talk about low population...

dawg_pwnd
Highlighted

Yup.  That's one of the things all the HC players griped about.  They'd remove the lists we wanted and put in other stupid stuff like that.  Per them, they had conclusive data for their decisions and no amount of griping from the little numbers of HC players on the boards would change it.  (not necessarily in those words, of course, but that's what it always felt like).

mcdonamw

Studios