X1 - Home theatre system?

Ghosts Xbox One

Xbox One is billed as being your one stop shop for your entertainment needs. It has a blue ray drive - that's nice for watching your movies off. I, like many others out there, have a blue ray player which runs my home theatre speakers. Thus, at the moment my 360 sends its audio through my blue ray player. Hhhmmm - so as far as I understand I can play my movies through the blue ray drive on the X1, but will still have to send the audio though my blue ray player.

I would love to get rid of my blue ray player - if the X1 could handle running the speakers directly. An all in one system should mean being able to reduce the amount of devices and cords - as it is I'm going to have more cords because of having to use X1Kinect - too many cords - arrrgggg. An annoying first world problem Smiley Wink

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Moderator Moderator
18 REPLIES 18

my blu ray feeds into my home theatre thru optical , my current xbox does the same, my sky box also feeds into the home theatre and connects to the tv. I also have a rather funky NAS system for my media files that again feeds into both my tv and the home theatre.

I'm not sure but according to ms i dont need any of this now and should invest in an all in one solution that also plays games

Im really surprised though considering the amount of focus ms have placed on an all in one media system than it only has hdmi and optical (compared to the ps4 which has more componant rca for example)

Maccabi Level 75

I really hope they have component cables for the X1.

RallyOrDie

RallyOrDie wrote:

I really hope they have component cables for the X1.

nope they dont

Maccabi Level 75

If the X1 only has hdmi output then I will not be buying one. The main tv that I would be playing it on only has compoent input.

trialstardragon Level 70

It will make my Headset and Cature Card useless, if they don't have a converter or anything from HDMI.

RallyOrDie

trialstardragon wrote:

If the X1 only has hdmi output then I will not be buying one. The main tv that I would be playing it on only has compoent input.

it has hdmi out theres no component, they will probably ship it with a hdmi to component adaptor or more likely sell you one thats way over priced as its the official ms adaptor

Maccabi Level 75

Exactly me point point Mac Smiley Happy. I've got a Foxtel Box (pay TV) - apparently this phenom where X1 integrates tv wont be able to happen in AUS at launch - and not for a while (how long a piece of string), then give me a blu ray drive which is nice - but it looks like I'm going to need more cords than ever. For an All in One system - dissapointing.

For $900 Aud - the ability to drive basic speaker system should be there. If my crappy old blue ray player can do it, X1 should. Maybe I'm asking too much of what should be a gaming system Smiley Wink

Btw my home theatre is average for the telly. But I have a seperate room setup with a Yamaha amp and v.nice speakers.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

Moderator Moderator

FalconR6 wrote:

Exactly me point point Mac Smiley Happy. I've got a Foxtel Box (pay TV) - apparently this phenom where X1 integrates tv wont be able to happen in AUS at launch - and not for a while (how long a piece of string), then give me a blu ray drive which is nice - but it looks like I'm going to need more cords than ever. For an All in One system - dissapointing.

For $900 Aud - the ability to drive basic speaker system should be there. If my crappy old blue ray player can do it, X1 should. Maybe I'm asking too much of what should be a gaming system Smiley Wink

Btw my home theatre is average for the telly. But I have a seperate room setup with a Yamaha amp and v.nice speakers.

yeah the ability to watch tv thru your xbone is basically that you still need to run the tv box into the xbone.. so the whole thing seems rather pointless to me

Maccabi Level 75

- We are planning to "cut the cable" $100/mnth of junk and we get movies via Apple TV.

- We watch almost zero TV.

- We have a plethora of controls for Xbox PS3, home theatre, panel et al

- We hardly use the PS3 as titles are avail for both Xbox and PS3, dedi content on PS3 is of low interest.

- Probably wont get PS4 unless the performance is way superior to X1 (unlikely)

So X1 provides and interesting opportunity to rationalize. I'm very keen to understand the specs so we can

- Have 7.1 on X1, TV, Apple TV.

- Push all through the X1 and ditch the remotes.

Then we can be all HAL9000 - sheit I love tech

gallp13

Studios