X1 Price!!!!!!!!!!

Ghosts Xbox One

in reply to trialstardragon

The price didn't go down with the 360 after 2 years.  Just want to let you know.  The PS3 did because it was doing so poorly.  I bought my xbox in mid 2007 and I still payed $430 for my 360.  I would say that it will be closer to 3-4 years before the console really starts to drop($50-100).

If you want to wait 3-4 years, that is up to you.  E3 is just around the corner and I can't wait to see what the PS4/X1 have to offer.

RallyOrDie

It is not realy taht important to have it anyways. A lot of the new features I would never need or use. I dont watch tv on my xbox, nor would it even with the x1. I dont listen to music on my xbox so would not need it for the x1 either. I just want a console that plays games. Do not need or care about all teh other bells and whistles it may have.

trialstardragon Level 70

But there are many people that want these features, so just because you don't want them, makes it a sin for other people to want them?  I actually have cable and I watch a lot of TV, and I found the X1 quite interesting.  If X1 has a Pandora app then I will be set on music, even though my computer and phone already have it.  I won't be using that many features but it is good to know that if someone does want them then the console has them.

I am not going to buy the PS4 just because Microsoft's reveal was bad, because Sony's was no different and they haven't even answered any real questions about the console yet.  Microsoft has been trying but the answers are unclear because they weren't expecting some of these questions, nor had the answers for them.  X1 will more likely succeed in the "console war" because it has more to offer in the long run.  X1 will be just as good at playing games as the PS4.  The PS4 may have better graphic based off of specs but Microsoft can start preloading games on the cloud so that games could be nearly as good as PC games in 5-10 years.  Sony has a long way to catch up, because MS has got all the BS out of the way for E3 and Sony is going to spend much of their conference on the PSVita and PS3 not to mention they have to reveal the console still and show off the user interface.  Microsoft just has to do some stuff with the 360 and then Games, Games, Games.

RallyOrDie

Info from MS today clarified a few concerns for me. I am v happy with the direction and functionality. My preorder is on!

gallp13
Highlighted

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/main

This is for anyone that hasn't seen the news yet about the X1 released by MS.

No more discs, cloud powered, has to be connected to the internet, always on, can resell games, Kinect can be turned off completely and use a controller for every interface, and you are not being recorded.

RallyOrDie

Am I misreading it ?

i see everywhere you can buy a disk at retailers.

Or do you mean there is a CHIOCE if you dont want a disk.

I still will get the disk version first. I need something tangible it helps me remember what life was like when I bought it

starbuckfrack Level 72
in reply to TheCommuteToHea

Preorder is in price est is $450-500AUD (inc GST).

gallp13

Thats it really ??? Thats probably 300 dollars American .

starbuckfrack Level 72

It has been assumed it will be around the same original launch price as the x360, they may have a higher end and lower end just like they did with the x360 with varying prices according to capabilites. Or at leas that was the rumor; but then again everyone should be wise enough to never follow those and take all with a grain of salt and wait for the official release of the price itself.

trialstardragon Level 70

If its over 400 dollars then I will get my replacement PC first

If its 400 dollars or less I can stand to be stuck with my wifes laptop longer.

Only one more payment left on the car

starbuckfrack Level 72

Studios