Xbone Left analog stick is severely worn down already, from sprinting I presume.

Ghosts Xbox One

Xbone Left analog stick is severely worn down alre...

the left analog stick on both the trunk of the analog stick as well as the outer rim of the plastic of the controller itself have already worn down a CONSIDERABLE amount.  as in, there is probably a 1-2mm sliver of the trunk of the analog stick that has worn away, to the point that it almost looks like there is an intentional indentation around the trunk.

a cross sectioned view of what the trunk looks like is this:

~top~

-----------------

|

-----------

|

--

|   <--- this is the indentation on the trunk of the analog stick

--

|

~bottom~

And then likewise, the rim of the controller itself the trunk goes against is also severely worn down, but that is more jagged and rough and it's what made me notice in the first place.

This isn't a COD complaint, this is a controller issue that no one can deny IF it continues getting worse as time goes on.  I mean, the system has been out for like 2 months max so if these controllers are wearing down in a critical matter like this (those analog sticks can only wear down so far before it will just snap like a hershey bar divit), there is going to be a serious material redesign needed.

I guess this is the tradeoff by using what I presume is lighter plastic, but I dunno I don't feel like buying new $60 controllers every 3 months because of wear that is clearly a result of the materials chosen for these new controllers.  Has anyone noticed this yet?

the only thing I could say as a concession would be that perhaps I press the sprint button down harder than other people, but I don't think that I just so happen to be the person in the world with the most forceful grip?

kustom_shoota1
12 REPLIES

Re: Left analog stick is severely worn down alread...

in reply to kustom_shoota1

Had the seam prob when Fuse came out ended up having to fork out £40 for a new controller.

TIP: Just press down once on your stick, works for me.

Homie_Simpson

in reply to Homie_Simpson

use same controller for 5 years and only thing is the triggers squeak a bit

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

I've already ruined one controller from playing cod, the left analog stick will no longer "click" to sprint. This doesn't surprise me in any way, because I used that controller from Cod4 all the way to MW3. RIP buddy

ShocKuMzzz

in reply to ShocKuMzzz

hahaha, "RIP buddy", just make sure you give it a good "send-off"

Homie_Simpson

in reply to Homie_Simpson

I keep it on top of my console for show. It served me well, it deserves to be cherished haha

ShocKuMzzz

sorry this is XBOXone, not 360, yea I'm not saying 360 has this problem, its an XBONE problem

kustom_shoota1

Sorry, I misinterpreted. You posted this under "Ghosts: Xbox 360" lol

Anyway, do remember that your controller (whether it be 360 or One) is made out of plastic. Plastic breaks. It's basically luck of the draw on how long your equipment will last.

ShocKuMzzz

Yea I know maybe this should get moved, that Xbone forum gets no movement however and usually what I post has nothing to do with 360 vs. One but this does....

But yea, further inspection of my controller reveals that almost that entire flat area of the outside rim of the analog stick has been worn off completely, meaning about 3 MM of plastic.  Ole well

kustom_shoota1

Or you could try to return it and exchange it for a new one. The one has only been out a couple months so you hever know. They may say "Normal wear and tear" or they may surprise you.

Despising cheaters since 1970
Activision Ambassador

Studios