ghost disc may be damaged or dirty

SOLVED

Ghosts Xbox One

I have been having issues with my ghost disc lately and was wondering if anybody has had it happen/ knows a fix for it or is it a disc issue.

I put it in the drive and get "your disk may be dirty or damaged. try cleaning it, or choose a different disk.(0x18)",

Whats dumb is i would finally get it to play (by wiping it down with a baby wipe and then a alcohol cloth (touch screen wipe) and it usually works) and it would sit in the xbox all night, go to play it the next day and issue repeats. Now its getting hard to make work.

From now on i am going digital copy.

thanks

newm8n
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

i didnt notice that on mine (just checked).  dumb question but do you have something it may be reflecting off of in your area that you play?  ghost is the only disc i have i dl ryse and forza

newm8n
5 REPLIES 5

My disc still works, but both it and my Battlefield 4 disc have this wavy pinkish/purplish stuff on the bottom. I never noticed it before. Is that how all Xbox One discs look or just mine? Because they're either in my console, or in the case.

Noob_Lyncher

i didnt notice that on mine (just checked).  dumb question but do you have something it may be reflecting off of in your area that you play?  ghost is the only disc i have i dl ryse and forza

newm8n

Nope, it's something with the discs, and it gets fingerprints on it hella fast.

Noob_Lyncher

oh i get that, the fingerprints that is i am trying to clean the damn thing spotless and every time i wipe one side theirs a smug on the other side.

your discs work fine though?

newm8n

THey work for now, but i'm thinking that my Xbox must've did this, since the only places my discs go are the console and their cases.

Noob_Lyncher

Studios