Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Tour Groups Ever!

Guitar Hero Forums

Re: Best Tour Groups Ever!

in reply to TheOogyBoogyMan

TheOogyBoogyMan wrote:

vsavio wrote:

Bizarre! Whatever happened to Deadheadz and Deadheadz64?

Well Deadheadz was never very big but it's still there. The reason I gave up on Guitarthritist ultimately was because the active members of Deadheadz kept sending me PM's saying they missed me and stuff and the leader of Guitarthritist wouldn't let them join. So since Guitarthritist was fighting amongst themselves I thought I'd find a nice place for my friends and found Far Beyond Driven. Two of them are still there and the other two came with me to Damage Inc.

Deadheadz64 eventually got himself banned. He claimed that the troll who used to ask people their age to "have fun" via PM would often talk to him and then one day stole his account and got it banned. I of course think he was the troll and what happened was the Agoras got tired of his **** and just IP banned him and he lost all his accounts.

The reason I think this is because GHC was a different place then than it is now. When you were here everyday you knew hundreds of people and even when we argued it was fun simply because of how active it was. Now Deadheadz64 on the other hand wasn't very active but the very moment he'd pop his head into our TG to say hello, about once every 3 months, all of the sudden we have a creep trying to get all touchy touchy with everyone.... this was well before the WT flood and everyone started freakin' out about "noobs" and "vets". Once that happened, everyone who felt they were important started trolling like madmen but not quite the way Deadheadz64 was doing it.

That's fascinating and messed up at the same time :shock:

It sounds like Deadheadz64 and the "troll" was one in the same. Gosh, I feel like I missed the party having only gotten back into GH in January and discovering the community, playing WoR.

Level 2

Kazoo wrote:

I don't know about the 'best' TGs, but I think Kudos should go to any group that's remained active with a vibrant user base, especially after the TG system was neutered by the site 'upgrades.'

I do miss the competitive atmosphere they provided in their heyday, and miss the local presense of RD, NiN, and others.

I'll be curious to know how many of those TGs continue to stay around and even migrate to new games and activities.

Kaz, as I stated in my previous email, I feel like I'm late to the party...kind of like going to Rome and visiting the Colosseum This place seemed like a game-centric pre-Facebook social networking mechanism that was really rocking in times past...

Kudos to you for keeping the TG's alive with GHS, seems like there's a variety of players still identify themselves with TG memberships competing in the tourneys, raising their TG stats.

I'm also curious what new games/genres GH players have migrated to, that provide the level of replay value GH has and complemented with social networking aspects.

Level 2

"some people" were too busy playing HALO and reaching certain ranks

Level 9

jovvster wrote:

"some people" were too busy playing HALO and reaching certain ranks

Hey!! How are u Jovvster? You were off playing Resident Evil, and missed the GH TG heyday also!

By the way, are you still in the Old and in the Way TG?

Level 2
Highlighted

Mechanical Mayhem is teh best tour group ever! I think we're in the top 5. Maybe higher.

@ Shark, why would you tell them that?

Level 8

The only TG I've been in (and still are, Rank 12, w00t! xD) was Around The Globe (ATG), first with DOIT as leader, who was a great friend I could always talk with. Then in January 2009 there started to be more competition so one of our friend TG's The Vehement decided to merge with us. Then DJAZZDOIT became leader (double account, Djjazz was the leader of The Vehement), and after a while I became leader because they were both busy and didn't have much time. We always had lots of tourgroup private tournaments like Groupie Round Ups and High score tournaments and we had also some bands within the TG. The forums were really active and our site and chat were too. Met some of the greatest people there, and still talk to some of them a lot. If I hadn't been in ATG/TV I had probably left this site already, but now I still keep coming back to bump the TG recruitment thread, not that it really matters, but me and some members that are still active outside the GHC still believe in ATG/TV, we still feel part of it and I think that is great.

I'll never forget the great times I've had, and thank DOIT and Djjazz for being great friends and leaders

And I absolutely loved the times we had in the TG recruitment thread and the TG threads of friend TG's haha, we could just have whole conversations there and it was just awesome ^^

Level 5

i have been in a few,and had my own at 1 point.My first was woh and ophi and the ppl there are great.I am currently in iDENTiTY CRiSiS and i am very happy to be there,the vast majority of players still play and are active and interact with each other.And hiya Moon ATG is awesome also you were always friends of mine and bobz.

But whether this site is here today gone tomorrow the groups that have the core will push through it and hub or no hub will stop it.

Level 3

World of Heros is the best i think its rank 2

Level 2

Frank73300 wrote:

i have been in a few,and had my own at 1 point.My first was woh and ophi and the ppl there are great.I am currently in iDENTiTY CRiSiS and i am very happy to be there,the vast majority of players still play and are active and interact with each other.And hiya Moon ATG is awesome also you were always friends of mine and bobz.

But whether this site is here today gone tomorrow the groups that have the core will push through it and hub or no hub will stop it.

Hey Frank! You and Bob have always been very good friends of mine, glad to see you here again (:

And I agree, a real Tour Group who has still the power to go on doesn't need this site. But I'd like it if it'd stay, just because it's been here for so long and I'm so used to going here it'd still be really sad if it'd be gone. Met my best friends here, can't live without them, but of course site or no site, the memories will remain (:

Level 5

Someone should figure out a way to get all the active tour groups together and create some way of doing tour group tussles again?

Level 2
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS