Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like buying it, yet I know so little about it.

Guitar Hero Van Halen

I feel like buying it, yet I know so little about it.

I keep hearing about the new Guitar Hero: Van Halen that everyone's rocking out to most of the time, that's fine with me.

In fact, I would LOVE to get a copy right now, although...I don't know a huge bunch of songs by Van Halen. The only songs by Van Halen I know are "Panama" and "Hot For Teacher". (And HFT was on World Tour.)

I feel like I've only got a choice, I can either go buy a couple of Van Halen albums and I might know the songs a lot better, or just go buy the game already.

I just don't know what to do...

Level 2
10 REPLIES

Re: I feel like buying it, yet I know so little about it.

in reply to dudenfresh

Buy the game. It'll be cheaper now, some Targets have had it for as low as $12, I know because I'm a CAG, and if you like a challenge, on any instrument, you'll like the game.

Level 19

in reply to dudenfresh

Andami wrote:

Buy the game. It'll be cheaper now, some Targets have had it for as low as $12, I know because I'm a CAG, and if you like a challenge, on any instrument, you'll like the game.

I think my question just got answered in 10 seconds.

Level 2

in reply to dudenfresh

Buy it. It's well worth it.

Each instrument has a good list of challenging songs, as well as awesome guest acts.

I'm also sure you've heard this , which probably their most well-known song (it's in the game as well). And if you're looking for a...

Level 19
Highlighted

in reply to dudenfresh

You're in luck, because both Panama and Hot For Teacher are on there.

But the game itself sucks.

Hate to break it to you, besides those songs, it's like they completely ignored the other good Van Halen songs. (Poundcake, Black and Blue, Right Now etc.) And the charactors looked nothing like the actual people. Although they did put in some epic songs, such as Painkiller, Master Exploder, and, my favorite, The End Of Heartache.

Well, it's your decision whether to buy it or not, I just suggest you don't. But again, your decision.

Level 1

in reply to dudenfresh

metallicaftw97 wrote:

Hate to break it to you, besides those songs, it's like they completely ignored the other good Van Halen songs. (Poundcake, Black and Blue, Right Now etc.) And the charactors looked nothing like the actual people. Although they did put in some epic songs, such as Painkiller, Master Exploder, and, my favorite, The End Of Heartache.

Well, it's your decision whether to buy it or not, I just suggest you don't. But again, your decision.

they ignored the Hagar songs because Eddie has no love for Sammy anymore.

Level 11

in reply to dudenfresh

metallicaftw97 wrote:

I thought it was well worth it. I liked the song choices (never listened to much of Hagar era of Van Halen), and I thought the people looked VERY much like who they were supposed to be (although visuals dn't matter to me that much).

I would base your decision on the songs themselves. Do some heavy YouTubing.

Level 19

in reply to dudenfresh

It's an OK game, but I'm just glad I got it for free!

Level 20

in reply to dudenfresh

Can anyone at least quote the Hot For Teacher music video? I think I'm feeling a little nervous and my socks are too loose.

Level 2

in reply to dudenfresh

dudenfresh wrote:

Can anyone at least quote the Hot For Teacher music video? I think I'm feeling a little nervous and my socks are too loose.

Do you mean or [url=http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A8E50B6F73BCCA13&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&v=18ut...??

Level 11
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS