Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ant-Man

HeroHQ

Re: Ant-Man

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

It's said she'll be Hank's daughter and Scott's love interest.  So, maybe Jan, maybe not Jan.  I guess she could end up the Wasp, but not necessarily Jan.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Having Jan be Hank's daughter would be... awkward.  I guess we'll have to see what happens.  I'm not sure if I'd be excited or not for that to be true...

Level 43
Highlighted

I gotta stop putting links in my posts.  I actually posted about the Evangeline Lilly rumor yesterday morning, but since they have to be moderated and get approved it still hadn't showed up for everyone else by the time Hawk posted (I can see it above Hawk's post on my screen, but only if I'm logged in)  Oh well.

Level 34

in reply to super_hero96

So, interesting news coming out today.  Edgar Wright is off Ant-Man and it seems the internet is raging against Marvel.  I've even seen people blame Whedon, which I don't entirely understand.  Personally, I'm only disappointed it's happening now rather than five years ago.  That way we coulda got a young Hank Pym to join the Avengers with Jan.  I'm sure Wright wrote an excellent script and would've directed a fun film, I just vastly prefer Hank over Scott Lang.  He was the one pushing hard for Lang cause it's his favorite Ant-Man and with him leaving the movie it's like man, why did you have to wait till after the casting and likely most of the sets and costumes are done and it's too late change anything.  But that aside, I'm not sure I would be blaming Marvel.  The movie has been in production for eight years and they patiently waited for him to go finish up the Cornetto trilogy.  They were on board with Scott Lang as the lead and a 70 year old Hank Pym.  It seems like they've been pretty understanding toward his vision.  Sometimes relationships don't work and it's not cause one side is to blame.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Well this's a little worrying.
I'm really looking forward to this, even with old Pym, and I hope this doesn't effect it too badly...

Level 1

in reply to NovaSongbird

Marvel has a pretty good track record so I think it'll turn out fine.  I don't think there's any reason to start abandoning the ship when we haven't even seen any clips or set pics yet.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

This was some pretty weird news, considering how big a deal Marvel was making of this being an Edgar Wright movie.  It's a little disappointing this happened so late that we're kinda stuck with Scott Lang as Ant-Man, but I guess things happen.  There hasn't been one bad Marvel movie so far, though, so I'm not too worried until I see one I don't like. 

Level 43

It seems like no one wants to direct Ant Man.  It seemed like they were settled on the Anchorman director to replace Wright, but he's backed up and said he's committed to other projects.  I'm pretty okay with this though, I'm not a particular fan of the Will Ferrell movies.  Of the names listed I'm really hoping for the Zombieland director, since I really loved that.  It seems pretty much certain that they have to delay it, though.  I wonder if they'd consider cancelling it rather than putting out a rushed movie?

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Because they all wanna direct a Hank and Jan story instead of a Scott Lang one!  haha, that's probably not it, but we can dream, right?  It really does look like it's in a bad spot, though.  It's pretty weird, though, since they need to plan so far ahead with these movies, so I don't know if they want to change their plans by moving or cancelling a movie. 

Level 43

Naturally, everyone just loves Hank, haha.  That's true, though it's hard to say how much Ant-Man was going to be connected to other things.  I can't see it involving Thanos.  Maybe it'd reference stuff in the Netflix series or SHIELD?

Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS