Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avengers Assemble!

HeroHQ

Avengers Assemble!

The next Avengers cartoon is gonna be shown at SDCC in just a few days so I figure we could use a place to talk about it.  There's still not much info about it on either wikipedia or IMDB.  Hopefully we'll finally know a little about it other than it's gonna be geared more toward the movies than EMH was.

Level 74
31 REPLIES

Re: Avengers Assemble!

in reply to Hawkeye

I'm trying to decide whether I should boycott the show, since bad ratings might possibly mean Loeb finally gets fired.  I still can't believe he was put in charge, in the first place.  Guess it depends on whether the show is actually gonna be good.  If it is, then I guess I'll watch it.  Loeb's track record isn't exactly impressive, though...

Level 43

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

You could do both and just watch the episodes online, haha.  I'm not going in with high hopes though.  I get annoyed whenever I see Hawkeye in the Ultimate costume instead of the 616 inspired one like EMH.  Plus, Chris Cox did such an awesome job with Clint and I fear that he'll get replaced by someone that aint as good.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Haha, yeah, but I'm not exactly expecting a great show.  either. It might not even be worth watching, anyways.  I'll have to see what all the different previews about it say and what kinda trailers pop up for it, I guess.  Yeah, I'd expect them to get new voice actors for all of them, and use the Ultimate Spider-Man voice actors for the ones that were in that show.  Especially after they picked Drake Bell over Josh Keaton for Ultimate Spider-Man.  Hopefully, they don't waste Chris Cox's time by bringing him in for an audition like they did with Keaton.

Level 43

Hard to get excited about a new Avengers cartoon when the one they foolishly cancelled was so good. It really sounds like a dumbed down version of AV EMH and that upsets me. The success of their movies is not coming from kids and if you look at the demographics for the Marvel movies there are plenty of adults who are watching them. Loeb is an idiot!!!

Level 37

in reply to Iron24

@Rogue - I'd want Chris Cox to audition for the role cause it means that he at least gets a shot of retaining it which ya can't do if ya don't audition (unless you're Steve Blum).

@Iron - I know, movies shouldn't dictate what happens in the comics, cartoon, etc. but it's what happens anyway.  Fury is played by Sam Jackson in the movies so now we have Nick Fury Jr who looks like Sam Jackson in the comics as well as Coulson.  Hawkeye has a Ultimate inspired costume in the movies so now he gets one in the 616 universe.  Same for Cap now too judging by the Marvel NOW!  poster.  I wish we could just keep the two as their own entities or publish some movie comics on the side.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

@Hawk: Yeah, but I just don't expect them to let him play Hawkeye, or else they would've let Keaton play Spidey in the new cartoon.  I don't think anyone could listen to both of them play Spidey and actually pick Drake Bell over him, you know?  Though, hopefully the voice actors they get for this show will be better than the ones in Ultimate Spider-Man, even if they aren't the same as the EMH voice actors.

@Iron: Yeah, I've never understood the idea of aiming a cartoon at kids like that.  A lot of young kids will watch a show just because it has the Avengers in it, regardless of whether it's good or not.  So it's kinda a waste to target them with the show, and alienate anyone over the age of 8.

Level 43
Highlighted

News from SDCC! [Via CBR}

"Now let's talk about the elephant in the room," Loeb said. "I know a lot of you are big fans of 'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.'" Alluding to internet rumors—"a lot of things on the internet are not true"—Loeb said "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" was always going to be 52 episodes, an animation industry standard order. "When that show concluded itself, we had an issue on our hands, what to do next." Loeb compared the transition to what's seen with a new creative team in comics.

He formally announced the long rumored "Marvel's Avengers Assemble," which continues the previous continuity, and showed a brief animation test. Fin Fang Foom is ravaging New York, and Iron Man and Thor are first on the scene, followed in short order by the Hulk. Captain America and Hawkeye join the fight, completing the team.

In the case of both clips, Loeb cautioned that the footage and voices were not final, and the completed animation would be "even snazzier."

I'm still worried with Loeb at the helm since the Loeb episodes of EMH haven't been well received, but I'm happy that EMH gets to live on.  I wonder though what it means to some of the storylines that happened through EMH.  If characters like Wasp, Hank Pym, Mockingbird, Ms Marvel, etc show up will everyone still know them?  Will the series have to explain the history of them from EMH?  What about a guy like Loki who had a huge season one storyline, will they bring him for another grand scheme because people know him from the Avenger movies?  I wanna know about the VAs too.  I really want the EMH crew back.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Loeb claims that this new show will be darker the EMH so I guess we don't have to worry about it being dumbed down. Still, it's hard to get excited with Loeb in charge even if it is a continuation of EMH.

Level 1

in reply to Spiderblood1

First footage of Avengers Assemble!

It's such a brief clip that ya can't tell all too much about it, but Tony mentions disbanding which might hint toward it being a follow-up on EMH.  They're still in the Avengers Mansion, since ya can see it in a few shots, which is interesting since the Mansion wasn't referenced at all in the movies, but that might not necessarily mean anything.  I also saw a quick shot of a really horrible looking MODOK and what looks like Red Skull wearing Iron Man's armor.  Falcon's little joke in it is a bit corny, but ya can't really base anything off that.  Hopefully it will be closer to EMH than Ult Spidey.

Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS