Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avengers Assemble!

HeroHQ

Re: Avengers Assemble!

in reply to Hawkeye

Falcon did work with the team in the Galactus episode, I think, though he had no personality in the entire show, really.  He spent most of his episodes brainwashed, like you said.  Yeah, he definitely seemed older, which is another thing that makes the idea of it somehow being a continuation not sound right.  I guess it makes sense for her to not stick around all the time, though it doesn't really make that much sense for Hulk to hang around all the time, yet he does it in EMH.  To be fair, EMH Hulk is kinda different from the usual Hulk.  It's my dream to raise a daughter that dates a robot designed by another robot designed by a crazy dude. 

Yeah, I'm always excited to hear the EMH voice actors playing their characters in the game.  T'Challa has his EMH one, too, which I noticed when playing as him a little today.  I wish they would've gotten Keaton to voice Spidey, though. So, you're saying he smiled once?  Of course you never see enough Mockingbird.  There's never enough, right?

Level 43
Highlighted

in reply to Hawkeye

Another new promo clip and this one is MUCH better!  It sounds like the guys voicing Cap and Hawkeye are following in the steps of the EMH actors cause they sound a LOT alike.  Kudos to them for not fixing what aint broken!  Hulk and Tony aren't as good though and I think Iron will be wishing for Eric Loomis back, haha.  Hulk sounds higher and not as monster-y as EMH-Hulk and we've been over how AA-Tony sounds bland and a bit higher too.  They kinda force in some movie references with Hulk repeating the "I'm always angry line" and punching Clint like he did Thor, but the animation looks nice!

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Yeah, I'm really liking Cap's voice actor, since he sounds a lot like his EMH one.  Though I'm not really sold on a lot of the others, especially Tony and Hulk like you said, Hawk.  It's still really early to say too much about it, but it could be entertaining.  May 26th is gonna be interesting. 

Level 43

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

Yeah, ya can't tell too much about the writing from little 30 seconds clips.  But at least we have a good Cap voice actor (unlike old man Cap from MUA2) and Clint doesn't sound bad.  Hopefully Hulk and Tony will sound better in the context of the show.  Its odd though, we haven't seen or heard much of Widow.  She's supposed to be on the team too, but I only caught glimpses of her in the background.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Not much of Thor, either.  Don't think we've heard him talk, and I actually don't even remember seeing him show up in either of the clips.  Maybe he was in one of them and I forgot, but he hasn't really been a focus so far. 

Level 43

That's true, Thor hasn't spoken, but he has showed up a bit more in the videos.  I'm actually surprised how much the new video is filled with Hawkeye since he's barely in the movies.  You'd think there'd be more Iron Man, but its by large Clint speaking with a Hulk, Cap, and IM popping in with one line each.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

So, I watched the first episode (it's free on iTunes right now), and it was pretty bad.  I won't spoil what happens for anyone, but I'm not impressed by it.  The writing is as awful as always with the Man of Action people writing it.  Every EMH episode they wrote was bad, and their Ultimate Spider-Man show is awful, of course.  The characters have pretty much all been reduced to bland, one-note personalities who make bad jokes at times that don't make any sense.  Logic also takes a big hit in many spots, as even geniuses like Tony Stark can't figure out the most obvious of things.  The voice acting is pretty poor, too.  Hulk is great as always, and Falcon is solid.  Hawkeye's voice actor is decent at best, and the same goes for Widow's.  Cap sounds super young even though he's supposed to be an experienced leader now, but he sounds like the young Chris Evans version.  Thor doesn't sound Asgardian at all.  He just sounds like a dude.  It seems like they want Tony to be like RDJ, but Pasdar doesn't play the role in a fun way at all.  He sounds like he's falling asleep as he reads the lines. 

I don't wanna go into any details before you all see the episode, but it's just not good. 

Level 43

I haven't watched it yet, but from the sounds of it I really don't want to.  CBR has a funny/sad article up with the creators talking about how the first season is gonna be about the Red Skull collecting together a team to fight the Avengers while saying how it's different than EMH which had complicated storylines.  Cause ya know, season one of EMH wasn't about a team up villains coming together to take on the Avengers.  Oh, wait.  Haha, but AA is gonna have Dracula!  And when you think Avengers you think Dracula.  Not silly characters like Enchantress, Baron Zemo, Abomination, Wonder Man...

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

That article didn't make me any more excited for it, that's for sure.  They talked about it like EMH was too complicated for people and called it a "joke" when someone understood comic references.  It really explains why the first episode wasn't funny at all.  They clearly don't know what the word "joke" even means. 

But I also thought it was weird how they basically said in the article that it's a continuation of EMH when it clearly isn't.  Not only are there the weird, unexplained absences, but the characters all have different personalities from EMH.  They even talk about how Tony can't lead a team, even though he led the team for most/all of EMH.  It doesn't make a lick of sense. 

Level 43

I know, it was on for two seasons and there's the internet and Netflix.  I'd wager most people have one or the other.

I guess they''re trying to hold off the angry EMH fans till Sunday, haha.

Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS