Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guardians of the Galaxy

HeroHQ

Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy is being produced and is set to be released August 1, 2014.

http://marvel.com/images/gallery/story/19067/images_from_sdcc_2012_guardians_ant-man_films_on_the_wa...

Level 2
36 REPLIES

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

in reply to super_hero96

I hear about this

sounds pretty cool

I would love to see Starlord and Phyla-vel on screen

this could be pretty cool if they do it right

Level 38

in reply to super_hero96

This is going to be the best thing ever.

Level 29

in reply to Loki54

I hope you're right!

it could be really beautiful and unique

Level 38
Highlighted

in reply to Shadowdoggy

Has the chance to be something really cool and different from all the other Marvel movies.  More of a Sci-Fi story than a superhero one.  And Rocket Raccoon.

Level 43

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

and most importantly... Rocket Raccoon.

Level 38

in reply to super_hero96

Well the director (and (re)writer) has been offically announced.  I don't really know this director's work so I can't say too much about the choice.  He's good friends with Joss Whedon so maybe that is a plus since they will be coordinating plenty of stuff.  His IMDB profile also says he's an avid comic book reader.  That's all I've got.

This is the Phase 2 movie I'm most worried about.  I think it's because it's pretty ambitious and the characters aren't as well known as those in Phase 1.  I'm excited for the eventual casting news and more info on the story.

Level 34

in reply to Jadryx1

Yeah, I think it could be spectacular or it could end up being too silly/out there for people to get into.  Two of the main characters are a talking raccoon and a tree, which is a hard sell to people that aren't big sci-fi fans.  Ant-Man isn't an A list character like Cap or Thor, but he's human so people won't blow it off as cheesy as quickly.  I think both could be pretty awesome though, if done right!

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

I haven't been posting much info about this one.....the list of actors rumored for Star Lord is huge.  It includes people like Joel Edgerton, Jim Sturgess, Lee Pace, James Marsden, Garret Hedlund, and a bunch of others. 

The most recent rumor is a bit crazy.  I think I could maybe see Carrey doing some performance capture work for Groot, but I think Sandler should not be allowed near this one.  Marvel knows what they are doing, though.  They've done very well so far with casting so until they prove otherwise I'll trust them to pick the right actors.

Level 34

in reply to Jadryx1

Jim Carry, I wouldn't mind too much, they just have to stop him from going too over the top.  Adam Sandler is an awful choice though.  All of his voices sound exactly the same.

Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS