Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guardians of the Galaxy

HeroHQ

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

in reply to Hawkeye

It's kind of sad that we got more info about Guardians of the Galaxy at SDCC than we did from Thor:TDW. (BUT, the info for GOTG does make me pretty excited for next August!)

They even had some footage shown (and they just started filming!) and the new concept art with the characters drawn like the actors portraying them is pretty cool (notice the shadows behind them). Here's a similar article with a little different info.

This was a good interview as well.  Apparently we're also supposed to get casting info on Groot and Rocket Raccoon "soon".

Level 34

in reply to Jadryx1

The Guardians concept art looks so cool and I'm getting pretty excited about how this movie is coming together.  They've got a great cast, the props shown off at SDCC looked amazing, and the way its been described sounds like a lot of fun.  Hopefully we got some great choices for Rocket and Groot!

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

A little news - Vin Deisel is rumored to be up for the voice of Groot.  Seems like a waste of high profile casting if all he says is "I am Groot!".

There was also someone that leaked the footage shown there (same footage as SDCC.  The link I posted shows mostly just stills, but i'm sure there's the full thing out there somewhere).  Keep in mind it's low quality and they had only been shooting for something like 12 days so it's all very early.  I think Rocket Racoon looks pretty cool.  The shot of him firing his gun is great!  Green body paint is tricky to pull off so it will be interesting to see what the final product looks like, but Drax looks pretty good and Gamora is just ok to me (but that is based on crappy pics).

Level 34

in reply to Jadryx1

The leaked footage looks pretty awesome!  It looks like a really fun movie and Marvel could have another big movie franchise on their hands.  I can't wait till we get a proper trailer and they find a voice actor for Rocket.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Haven't posted anything here for a while!  I think a few things have been discussed in the Survivors thread, but here's the biggest news in a while - we're getting a trailer tonight!  It will be premiering on Jimmy Kimmel.  I'll probably be asleep so I'll have to catch it in the morning.  I'm excited to get a good look at some footage!  They released a few new stills too (one of the whole team) and they are looking pretty good.

Level 34
Highlighted

in reply to Jadryx1

Can't wait to see the trailer!  I'll likely wait till it hits the internet though since I don't watch Kimmel's show or know when/what channel it comes on, haha.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Sorry, I misunderstood the news.  Actually the trailer will premiere tonight on Kimmel.  Guess we'll have to wait another day.  Maybe we'll get a poster or something today......

Level 34

in reply to super_hero96

Incoming trailer!

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Nice!  It served as an introduction of the Guardians for the multitudes of people who have no idea who they are and gave a good idea of the overall tone.  I was a little disappointed that it was basically the SDCC trailer, but I understand why they did it and I'm sure the next trailer will go more into the plot (maybe showing before Cap:TWS?).  I think Chris Pratt will shine in this one.  It's gonna be another good year for MCU movies!

Level 34

in reply to Jadryx1

Is anyone else getting a strong RDJ vibe off the way that Starlord was written?  The gag with no one having heard of Starlord and him yelling at the guy for wearing his headphones feels a lot like something RDJ's Tony would do.

Level 74
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS