cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel announces new MMO game

HeroHQ

i hope its free.people are wanting Free MMO of games now.Would give it an edge

christiankid7

How did Capcom gain the rights to X-Men characters for MVC3 then? Clearly other companies are licensed to use those characters, no?

MUA2 sucked, but none of the XML games did, so they should keep THAT franchise going. It's been years and people STILL want it.

They can use them because Marvel gave them permission to do so, but they can't make games based solely on them as that's Activision's territory.

Ryuuie

Intriguing.......

Loki54

Difference is the rights to use Marvel chars in a fighting game happened before XML, first at Capcom then at EA I believe with RoI.

Different contract. The contract with ACTI doesn't cover MMOs and fighters since ACTI has no interest in those.

crimsonspider89

Ok I see.

Damn... If only Capcom could make a X-Men game. *day dreams*

Wait, then who's making this MMO game?

StormSnake

New Company. They did SHS, and Lego. Ga something.

crimsonspider89

Gazillion, buddy.

Also, you guys forget about this?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatmanvsWolverine/news/?a=36197

This is awesome. Free to play, and the chance to actually play as characters from the comics. Nova and Squirrel Girl are playable. Let that sink in for you.

Only unsure thing is that Dr.Doom is the main villain? That makes it sound like it's heroes only, or that Doom won't be playable? EEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH.

Loki54

Holy crap.

It's actually free to play?!

...Yea, I'm not playing Champions Online anymore when this drops. Smiley Very Happy

Ryuuie

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:coolsmile: X 100000000000000000

christiankid7

Glad the made it free to play, there will probably be a lot of good stuff locked though and you'll need to pay to unlock it but I like that way much better than subscription.

Cant wait to play as Thor in an open world! Or Nightcrawler, or Spidey its been too long without a free roam spidey. Its gonna be pretty tough choosing a character to play as though Smiley Tongue

SpideyWolvie
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer