Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Thor movie (director for Thor 2 confirmed)

HeroHQ

Re: The Thor movie (director for Thor 2 confirmed)

in reply to Thanos

@Jad - Haha, no worries, there really isn't any big spoilers in my review outside the details on the Hawkeye cameo which is only about 30 seconds long. I kept everything else a bit vague and just knowing about Thor fighting Destroyer in a tornado won't spoil how amazing the whole scene looks or the real importance of what's going. You should be able watch the movie and not predict every scene.

Level 74

in reply to Thanos

I finally saw Thor today. I think Hawk and I had pretty much the exact same opinion on the movie so if you want to know what I thought read his review on the last page (how's that for lazy? :lol: ) I probably wasn't quite as excited for the Hawkeye cameo as he was though. It was a great start to Thor's story and I'm excited to see it continue in the Avengers and any possible sequels.

I think Hemsworth and Hiddleston were cast PERFECTLY and I can't wait to see them with everyone else in the Avengers.

Level 34

in reply to Thanos

Oh, sure, leech off me. :lol:

Haha, awesome to hear you enjoyed it so much though! How do you rate it with other superhero movies?

Level 74

in reply to Thanos

But you're so much better with words than I am! :lol:

Hmmmm....I'd put it on par with the first Iron Man. It was a great start. It gives good introductions to the characters and leaves plenty of room to expand on what they've given you.

Level 34

in reply to Thanos

Haha, I don't know about that. All I wrote was "I liked -blank-" and "-Blank- was awesome!". Not exactly Roger Ebert. :lol:

Cool. I'd put it ahead of Iron Man, myself. Partly cause I just like Thor more, but all around I liked it a bit better.

Level 74

in reply to Thanos

i think the movie was hilarious... but lil to no action in my opinion... but then again hes a good not a Fighter(+)

Level 25

in reply to Thanos

http://collider.com/brian-kirk-thor-2/107568/#more-107568

Possible new director for Thor 2. He has done mainly TV stuff but some of that includes Game of Thrones (which if you ask Iron I'm sure he'll tell you it's the best thing on tv)

Level 34

in reply to Thanos

I saw that! I haven't seen any of the stuff he's done, but they're pretty critically acclaimed. He's a bit similar to Brannaugh in that both are more dramatic directors and not so much fun action adventures. It'll be interesting to see how he makes the transition and if he does it as well as Brannaugh.

Level 74

in reply to Thanos

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/marvel-mulls-monster-helmer-patty-jenkins-for-thor-2/

Another rumored possibility for Thor 2's director. This one is a very interesting choice (definitely not typical of these type of movies!) Hmmmmm......

Another story mentions that Brian Kirk decided not to take the job "due to creative and financial sticking points that arose during negotiations. A number of other helmers have been considered for the "Thor" sequel, including Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods"), James McTeigue ("Ninja Assassin"), Noam Murro ("300: Battle of Artemesia") and Breck Eisner ("The Crazies")."

More info-

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige recently told EW that plans were developing fast for the sequel, which he said would "take Thor literally to other worlds." While moviegoers will next see Chris Hemsworth as the hammer-swinging hero in The Avengers next May, Thor 2 would "primarily be the journey of that character, of he and Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and how the new dynamic with his father (Odin, played by Anthony Hopkins) is working out, as well as what are the broader stakes for The Nine Worlds," Feige said.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/09/22/monster-director-patty-jenkins-considered-for-thor-2-breaking/

Level 34
Highlighted

in reply to Thanos

Well it's official - Patty Jenkins is the director for Thor 2. Also, due to 'The Lone Ranger" being pushed back to summer 2013 after the budgeting concerns Thor 2 has been moved to November 15th 2013.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=48086

I'm interested to see how this all works out. It's still a really long way away so I'm not going to get to worked up about it right now.

Also - added a new poll Smiley Happy

Level 34
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS