Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thor 2 Movie discussion

HeroHQ

Re: Thor 2 Movie discussion

in reply to Rogue_Shadow1

Psh, education.  Stick your finger in a electricial socket is plenty of education!  You don't need any fancy book learning for that!

It sucks thought that you gotta keep putting it off.  Hopefully he can find some time to see it, though I would just go by myself. 

Level 74

Yeah his job is completely non essential these days all you have to do with young people is let them play computer games all day, lol.

Level 37

in reply to Iron24

Well I was hoping to go see Thor last night, but it didn't work out.

Level 34

in reply to Hawkeye

Saw this movie the other night, and I've got to say I was impressed! The mix of action, comedy, and ... all that stuff was just great, and I haven't seen a fight scene that was as funny as it was awesome as the final battle between Malekith and Thor.
But a big qualm was that Malekith seemed rather... 2d. Especially considering the shoes he was stepping in as the main Thor villain. He seemed to be just all destroy the world, not much motivation. Thankfully the motivation for Thor to stop him was well done (and painful).

Mmm, but that after credits scene. Cannot wait for GotG. Didn't expect what they revealed there at all!

Level 1

in reply to NovaSongbird

Glad you liked it NS, I was extremely jazzed about it and want to see it again.

Level 37

in reply to Iron24

So, that movie was awesome!  Just saw it tonight, and it was so cool!  I'll go  spoiler-free here so Jad can feel safe in this thread. 

Loki was the star of the show to me, and he was just classic Loki.  He's scheming, devious, hilarious (especially his illusions in Asgard...), and he makes you wonder throughout the movie if he's gonna get all redeemed or turn on everyone.  He could easily come down on one side or the other, just like in the comics where he's constantly getting redeemed or betraying people.  Just plain awesome. 

Oh yeah, there's this dude named Thor in the movie, too.  And he's awesome, too.  Seeing his ideas of what they needed to do, compared to Odin's, was great.  Can't really say too much more about what happens with him in the movie when trying to avoid spoilers.  He gets some pretty cool fight scenes, of course, since he is Thor.  Also, that moment when he hangs Mjolnir on the hangar was hilarious. 

Sif and the Warriors Three were awesome, though I want to see more of them in a future Thor movie.  I really liked the dynamic between Thor and Sif at the beginning, so it was too bad to see her leave so soon.  I feel like they avoid going the lame love triangle angle with her and Jane, which is nice, but they keep the right amount of tension between them there still. Also, Fandral has an awesome moment, in my opinion.  

Malekith might not be the best villain ever, but I think he gets the job done.  He's kinda overshadowed by Loki being in the movie, of course, and he doesn't necessarily have the deepest motivations ever, but his dynamic with Odin is pretty interesting, at least. 

Also, Darcy is pretty hilarious, mainly in the early parts when things are kinda getting going.

The credits scenes were pretty cool, too.  They definitely setup some interesting stuff for the future, though I won't say any more than that right now. 

Side note: It was pretty cool to see the Cap trailer in the theater.  So excited for that movie! 

Level 43
Highlighted

Yay Rogue you finally saw it. Was a very awesome movie and enjoyed it on pretty much every level. One of my Fav parts is what Mjolner does towards the end of the movie, that was very cool.

Jad get off of your butt and see this movie. Tell your wife you have to run an errand and disappear for a couple of hours, wives love when you do that, lol.

Level 37

in reply to Iron24

Well this is technically more like Iron Man 3 news, but it's about the Marvel One-Shot on the Thor Bluray so I'm putting it here!

As the short begins, Slattery has agreed to do his first interview with a documentary filmmaker (Argo’s Scoot McNairy), who is chronicling the aftermath of Tony Stark’s latest saga. In the photo above, they are seen sitting in Slattery’s surprisingly expansive prison quarters, which is adorned by memorabilia from his less than stellar past. Note the King Lear poster on the back wall (three and a half stars) which, as Iron Man 3 told us, was once “the toast of Croydon — wherever that is.”

McNairy’s documentary not only delves into the actor’s past (including a look back at an outrageous Miami Vice-like failed TV pilot from the ‘80s) but is trying to figure out if The Ten Rings is really out there, and possibly targeting the jailed thespian for making a mockery of their organization.

I'm interested to see if this helps/changes any opinions on how Mandarin was handled and maybe how it ties into IM1 with the Ten Rings and all that.

Level 34

in reply to Jadryx1

Sweet!  I hope this gives us the real Mandarin as it has been rumored.  It's been one of the few mistakes Marvel has made and the one shot would be an easy way to correct for the fans that were disappointed we didn't get a Mandarin faithful to the comics.

Level 74

in reply to Hawkeye

Oh yeah, I read an article about that earlier today.  I'd be kinda surprised to see the real Mandarin show up in a One-Shot, but I bet we'll at least see how his acting was based on the Ten Rings group from the first Iron Man movie, at least.  At the very least, it'll probably be a funny 15 minutes or whatever. 

Level 43
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS