cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML3 Moveset Thread

HeroHQ

XML3 Moveset Thread

Firstly, I'd like to point out that I am in no way stating that there will be an XML3. This is purely out of fun.

For the purposes of the movesets I create, I will be using an X-Box 360 controller as a reference.

There are no specific guidelines necessary to follow when you create your own moveset. Just have fun with it!

Here's the first example of mine:

A, B, X, and Y attacks are standard power attacks. The LT attack is the "X-Treme" power, each character's will have a semi-unique funcition similar to the fusions of MUA2 (ie guided, targeted, clearing, etc...)

Costumes are ordered: default, 1st unlockable, 2nd unlockable, DLC

Siryn

A) Sonic Lance Blasts enemies with a sonic force beam

B) Banshee's Wail Continuous stream of sonic energy

X) Siren's Call Uses her voice to convert enemies to your side

Y) High Pitch Radial blast that confuses enemies and slows them down

LT) Tympanic Rupture - Focuses her voice into a beam that causes pain to a single enemy

TheGreatestUser
12 REPLIES

Re: XML3 Moveset Thread

in reply to TheGreatestUser

Love the idea of the different X-treme's. Staves off repetitiveness.

Really like Banshee's Wail. I could see myself spamming that move a lot. :lol:

Etrigan_the_dem

Thanks, I sorta swiped that move from Songbird Smiley Happy

Feel free to contribute your own ideas.

TheGreatestUser

I sure will

and I like your move set up

be looking for my posts in the morning Smiley Happy

I'll also post my possible plot ideas too

Shadowdoggy

Colossus

A) Earthquake- Punches the ground shaking enemies around.

B) Suit up- Colossus activates his power and shields himself (Couldn't really think of anything for this one)

X) Fastball special- Colossus throws an ally or enemy at an incoming opponent.

Y) Bull rush- He runs forward ramming enemies.

LT) Strength of a Colossus- Angrily attacks a group of foes or tackles down an entire group of enemies.

Yep, I would like to see him morph in and out during combat. Don't really know why, would be something new and cool to see.

Etrigan_the_dem

Siryn's costumes are added to the initial post (the link is in her name).

I've always wanted Colossus to have a Fastball Special attack. It'd give me a reason to use Wolverine.

TheGreatestUser

The link doesn't work. Went to "edit post" and copied and pasted the link, nice costumes. I really like the 3rd one.

Yeah I would love to see it tweaked for certain characters. For example, if you pick Nightcrawler and you throw him he teleports mid-throw and attacks the enemy. Or if you pick Cyclops he lets out an optical blast before he hits the enemy.

Etrigan_the_dem

There was a break in the link, it should be fixed.

TheGreatestUser

Yep, it is. I like how all the costumes are really different, not just one tweak.

Etrigan_the_dem

Note: I'm using the moveset concept that XML and MUA1 had where there were more than 4 powers, but you got to choose which ones to put in your four slots.

Jean Grey (Phoenix)

Costumes: Green/Yellow Phoenix costume, First Class costume, Red Dark Phoenix costume, New X-Men costume ( http://www.comiccandy.com/coppermine/displayimagepopup/pid=5170/fullsize=1.html )

List of Powers:

Telepathic Link: Jean telepathically controls someone or a group of people and confuses them, making them attack their own teammates (Longer radius when upgraded to a certain point).

Spectral Illusions: Enables Jean to create an illusion that attacks her enemies for her. They have very low health, and cannot be healed (When upgraded, makes more illusions).

Telepathic Camouflage: Alters the perceptions around her causing her and her teammates to become invisible for a limited time (Lasts longer when upgraded.)

Paralyzed Mind: Is able to temporarily paralyze a group of enemies via telepathy by spreading out a telepathic wave around her (Lasts longer and range is greater when upgraded).

Pain Inducer: A close melee power that enables Jean to touch someone's brow and they feel pain.

Psi Bolts: Conjures telekinetic bolts that harms a victim's mind (creates more bolts and sends foes flying when upgraded).

Astral Projection: Leaves her body in a meditating state in which she can attack someone from the astral plane for a limited time. The controllable projection acts like a ghost in which she cannot be seen or hurt while in this mode. This leaves her regular body stranded, and any attack to the body makes her projection come back into her. After using this power, Jean becomes wiped of endurance and cannot naturally regain endurance for a short amount of time.

Psionic Firebird: She can manifest her telepathy as a psionic firebird; whose claws could inflict both physical and mental damage (produces more firebirds when upgraded).

Telekinesis: Can pick up objects/enemies and violently pushes them in any direction desired (inflicts minor fire damage when upgraded to a certain point for as long as the victim is held).

Cosmic Pyrokinesis: After merging with the Phoenix, Jean is able to produce cosmic fire. Without oxygen needed to create this fire, it can be created in space and even underwater. Because this fire is at a cosmic level, no ashes or by-products are produced from the fire which makes her pyrokinetic ability very different from other pyrokinetics like Pyro and Johnny Storm.

Dark Rebirth (X-Treme Power): When dead, or near death, the Phoenix Force overpowers Jean's weak body and creates a wave of psionic and cosmic pyrokinetic energy out from around her causing her victims to burn as well as to be violently pushed away. She stays in her Dark Phoenix form until ultimately dead, or when you use her second X-Treme power. While in her Dark Phoenix form, her body is covered in fire dealing damage to the victims that try to do melee damage to her. Her powers deal 20% more damage and act as if they were upgraded to maximum. Her powers also deal cosmic fire damage as well as their normal damage types. However, her durability is dropped to a great quantity and can be easily killed if you don't know what you're doing. Also, her X-Treme power gauge doesn't fill up as swiftly. After this power wears off, Jean is completely wiped out of endurance and cannot naturally recover it for quite a while. (While in this mode, Jean wears her standard Dark Phoenix costume with wings made of cosmic fire coming out of her back. So pretty much Dark Phoenix mode in MvC3.)

From the Ashes (X-Treme Power 2): Jean regain's control of her body returning as regular Phoenix. This produces a massive wave of psychic energy causing high damage and extreme knockback effects. Because of her previous X-Treme ability's affect, Jean cannot regain endurance naturally for quite a while while returning to this form.

Additional Powers:

Rapid Revive: There's a small chance when killed she will automatically resurrect herself.

Block Animation:

Creates a telekinetic shield that spreads out around her. When shot at with a gun, crossbow, bow, ect., the bullet, or anything else, stays floating in the shield, then disintegrates when unshielding, like when she used it as Dark Phoenix in X-Men 3. The cure shots that were shot at her while she was not looking stayed floating in her invisible telekinetic shield as seen here at around 1:41:

Unlocked:

Jean is playable once you complete the game on medium(+) level.

Phoenix__Force
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS