cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with x-genes

HeroHQ

i've played through the game 4 times as aimi. 2 times siding with the x-men and 2 times siding with the brotherhood. i'm still missing magneto's suit and offensive x-gene and gambit's defensive x-gene. has anyone found all the x-genes with one character and if so is there a trick i'm missing or a particularly well hidden x-gene somewhere?

bryanbkg
9 REPLIES 9

There's no trick. It is all random drops. I dont have Magneto, Cyclops, Emma Frost or Pyslocke's costumes yet and am working on second play thru with Grant on the Brotherhood side. My daughter started a new game today and got Magneto' suit just before the first major boss battle. So it is all random drops.

cable2006

i get that they are random but i have replayed every level over and over and can't find these 3 genes. Just wondering if anyone has found all of them as one character. I also just checked on another forum website and found a post where someone was missing the exact same genes. I think there must be some type of rule (like you can get one for each challenge but only once every other time will be xp but genes found in gameplay will give you x-genes or suit in 2 gameplays. (just an example though not sure if that's true.) I was thinking about just getting the guide to see if it will say but haven't found a place that has it in stock.

bryanbkg

I beat the game as a member of the X-Men and as a member of the Brotherhood without getting some x-genes that I really wanted. I went back and played the second-to-last mission from the load screen and ended up getting three or four new x-genes just within that mission. Though the drops are random, I think the odds of getting x-genes you still need are higher in later levels. My difficulty was also on x-treme when I went to the mission, so that might make a difference as well.

Locke

Was able to get Psylocke's outfit just last night. Now just need Cyclops Offensive X-Gene and 3 more costumes. From the guide:

Not all X-Genes are created equal, with some sets being inherently more powerful than others. The type of X-Gene unlocked after acquiring a pick-up is determined by rarity. Basically, the more powerful the X-Gene, the lower the chance of it being unlocked. X-Gene rarity is divided into the following tiers:

Common: Iceman, Surge, Pyro, Avalanche

Uncommon: Toad, Colossus, Northstar, Quicksilver

Rare: Wolverine, Emma Frost, Gambit, Juggernaut

Epic: Cyclops, Magneto

Secret: Psylocke, Havok

Now it doesnt say if it has to be set on a certain difficulty level for all of these or what but that is the list right there.

cable2006

I am only missing one suit (Emma Frost) and two X-Genes. I have played through the game 4 times: once on easy, twice on normal, and once on hard. And I have played the Side Missions several times (to get some of the achievements of beating the certain enemies), but I now see the chances of getting the stuff is random... so I guess I just have to keep trying....

Xmen8604

So I ended up buying the strategy guide but it didn't have any useful information as far as the x-genes go. I've replayed the game another 4 times and only got 2 x-genes. I'm still missing magneto's offensive and I'm getting a bit tired of looking. At this point I feel that this is a glitch in the game and I'm going to try to contact the makers of the game and hope for an update that will fix this issue. Has anyone out there actually collected every x-gene and suit with one character?

bryanbkg

i have every x gene and costume except i have none for havoc whatsoever...i kept replaying the challenge missions over and over...i have also beaten the game twice (once each side) as adrian-density control

GuyverofWar

I think it sucks a bit that there is a large number of NPCs who yielded no x-genes... i was dying for nightcrawler's Smiley Tongue

BuildingHP

i have every x gene and costume except i have none for havoc whatsoever...i kept replaying the challenge missions over and over...i have also beaten the game twice (once each side) as adrian-density control

Havok was pre-order exclusive from Gamestop. They were probably planning to put him in the game originally but Gamestop came to them with an offer they couldnt refuse so they made Havok pre-order exclusive only BUT he did end up being in the guide.

cable2006
Visit us for the latest news, game information, screenshots, downloads and links. GO TO BLOGS
custom.activision.cookie_disclaimer