Frame by frame movement?

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Highlighted

Randomly in multiplayer the game goes into a frame by frame movement almost like a bad lag, eventually it goes away. Everyone in my party has gotten it at some point even though we all have full bars on connection and apparently we all have a moderate NAT type regardless of what we reset, that includes the Xbox itself, modem, router. Can anyone explain how to fix this.

Z3r0_2013
11 REPLIES 11

I think I know what you're talking about. EXTREME frame rate jumping to the point you can't move properly and then when you turn it feels like your doing 180's. It happened the first two games I played and it was the same exact thing I experienced in the Beta. It's not in-game latency either because I also experience it during the menu (the smoke lags), create a class, and when entering the pre map panning.

I recorded a clip and what it looks like doesn't do any justice for the way it actually feels because what you don't see is how the controls are not responding to what I'm actually doing with my hands. Smiley Frustrated

I don't think my Xbox Nat type changed though. I hard booted, cleared cache, and cleared persistent storage in the blu ray settings. It has seemed to clear up at the moment.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

Here is what it looks like for me.... http://xboxclips.com/BKBLAZER/b26bc6b3-075f-414e-b2b4-167d89a24822

You'ld think I was drunk. The thing is it doesn't look nearly as bad as it feels. Robot Sad

Here's what it looks like from my teammates view.... http://xboxclips.com/cranium2001/13a7d6ea-3418-4d25-8fd9-75a60b717e41  Smiley Very Happy

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

Exactly what I've been seeing. Really doubt I'm going to put much time in to this game, I noticed, like in black ops 3 it happens when someone calls in a score streak. It's hard to get on streaks when you shoot through someone and get 0 hit detection. I know when I'm missing an I'm not. 

Brian Rooks
Brian25savannah Level 75

Well I actually knew my game was in this unoptimized condition before the game even started because of how my menu was lagging. What's crazy is it will be like this for a few minutes.... and then clear up and play normal. And then it will return again either in the same game or the next.

It was like this for my first two games (great first impression Robot Mad). Then I reset everything I could. It worked pretty well for the rest of the night with some normal and expected latency issues. Other players in my party were having issues like they felt behind in the gunfights.

This particular issue I never experienced in BO3. I did get this same exact issue in the Beta.

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

It seems like it's when someone calls in a score streak it will happen and then clear up once I die. But then ive had it like you where it's just random. 

Brian Rooks
Brian25savannah Level 75

I know what you mean about the controller movement even the slightest adjustment in any direction and you do a 180° turn.

Z3r0_2013

I have this exact same issue on Xbox one. My NAT is open tho and happens ALL THE TIME

krossdesso

Unfortunately I get this on xbox one aswell..pretty cheesed off as I was hoping all the BO3 frame probs would go away with this game..wonder if ps4 get this because if they dont im not buying ps4..im just not buying call of duty anymore..fed up with it now..

and if we jump to ps4...wat happens if activision switch to xbox..then we get shagged again if they only look after who theyre with

RUSTY GUN

@Z3r0_2013 wrote:

Randomly in multiplayer the game goes into a frame by frame movement almost like a bad lag, eventually it goes away. Everyone in my party has gotten it at some point even though we all have full bars on connection and apparently we all have a moderate NAT type regardless of what we reset, that includes the Xbox itself, modem, router. Can anyone explain how to fix this.

Are you on XB1. I am on PS4 and haven't seen this issue but I see a lot of people mention who are playing on XB1. Of course you probably already tried the clearly cache etc. Also, I know people who have issues when they party up in BO3. Not sure if that is a thing in IW but do you know if it happens when you play solo? I am curious cause I have partied up with anyone yet.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Studios