Infinite Warfare 2 in 2019?

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Don't know why, but I was reading through the IW Wikipedia and discovered an article where Taylor Kurosaki, the narrative director of IW, said he planned on making Infinite Warfare into a full sub-series. I'll leave the link down below. He was quoted saying, "We want to establish our own new sub-franchise, our own new branch of the Call of Duty tree. What we are developing here could certainly support multiple games. We're trying to develop a very rich world that we're not even close to exhausting."

This is from August of 2016 so things could definitely have changed in terms of the plans for CoD 2019 as development is more than likely already well underway. I would much rather see a Ghosts 2, but I wouldn't be mad with a IW 2. Infinity Ward could be tasked with sticking to the futuristic setting and advanced movement to please fans that much prefer it over the boots on the ground games. IW also had an amazing campaign, and I would be glad to see more done with the universe that Kurosaki created as there's plenty of history and story telling to be done. 

2019 is still a long ways away, but what do you guys think? What do you want Infinity Ward to do in 2019?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-devs-want-to-start-n/1100-6442840/

Mercinary114
59 REPLIES 59

I'm totally for a Ghosts 2. Ghosts is really just a conitnuation of MW series if you think about in terms MP and gameplay. I know the SP story different but that's not what I meant by my comment (MP only).

Makes sense though with the sub sereis. By having space as your 'frontier', it really opens things up for the devs. Maybe they actually plit the studios up and actually had each one focus only on there own era. Would make sense from a logictical point of view AND the era's change making the games "seem" more new when They release them yearly. Simply because of the time period. 

All I can say is that I really hope they do the right thing with WW2 to rope people back into the series. I used to play 2-4 hours a night. Now i'm lucky if I log in once a day! But who knows, maybe i've changed myself and that's really the issue, not necisarily CoD itself. 

ZvErS
I feel 100% the same about the multiplayer. And I hope they do do that with splitting up the dev teams. Would make everything fresh: past, modern, future, then repeat. We wouldn't be getting stale with the setting in that rotation.
Mercinary114

I want a Ghosts 2 too. As long as it has the same marvellous hit detection, absence of death streaks, improves the maps, and tones down the TTK to match BO2/AW without variants/BO3/IW, and it's not one long year of time limit games. I haven't been able to grind a CoD since Ghosts because connections have been miserable for three years, even though I've moved from somewhat jittery cable to a fibre line that you could describe as perfect for gaming when you look at how close I am to a ton of servers, and the performance of the line itself. Ghosts was the only game that didn't consistently make me feel behind the action, which is funny because you'd think more problems would arise with faster TTK, far superior hit reg and the fact that most people glued down L2 in that game. It's all very backwards 🤔

Otherwise I'd like MW4 if it improves on the solid core by removing death streaks and using whatever Ghosts used in terms of networking. Not interested in playing another Black Ops, Advanced Warfare or Infinite Warfare game.

RL317 Level 75

Don't forget "warhawk 2.0"!

Loved that map with domination. 

ZvErS

Maybe a little bias but I hope WW2 is good as the following year will be Treyarch. Not interested at all in BO 4 and tbh have never really liked a single game they have put out. WAW was ok but had to many problems and the connections were, well treyarch. 

MW4 or Ghosts 2 sounds good, I agree with Orls. Ghosts connections need to happen whatever they decide to do. 

Dante2k Level 72

I tried playing IW again today. 7ms to the server, getting audible and visible delays on my shots, while circle drawing idiots one frame me with slower killing weapons. Killcams show me as a deer in headlights, which is hilarious considering I'm under half a frame away from "host" or the server perspective, so killcams are virtually dead on.

Put Ghosts on, only 2050 people playing, 32ms to a player host, and hit detection is instant. Yawn.

RL317 Level 75
I hate when connection has to ruin people's experience with video games. I personally have really good connection to infinite warfare servers while on ghosts I loose frames once in a while(but it's still really playable most of the time). Definitely my top 2 favorite cods tbh
JoshDaSniper
I enjoyed BO1's campaign and zombies, but multiplayer was horrible with those awful connections. BO2 was good all around, but connections issues were still present. BO3's campaign just didn't have anything to do with the first two. Would have been better as a standalone title instead of branding with BO and being limited to that universe. Multiplayer was connection ridden like all Treyarch games and was just an anime fest lol. Really don't want to see a BO4 just because I know it'll be an expanded story just like BO3, and it'll be awful again. Then I can also see them expanding BO Zombies further into an even more confusing and chaotic mess. I hope the BO series is done.
Mercinary114

I think BO1 is the only CoD I've played where I thoroughly enjoyed all modes. I didn't actually play multiplayer until after AW came out, as I went in search of a CoD that actually worked (buying BO2 too), although I've owned every CoD since Finest Hour; I just didn't start playing multiplayer until the end of 2013.

Venturing into Vietnam and the Cold War rather than the usual WW2 or modern setting was refreshing, and although I liked Modern Warfare campaigns I was starting to get a little bored of arcade whackamole at the time. Of course BO1 was the same in that regard, but I liked the story.

It was also the only game where I could play zombies until my eyes hurt. I haven't returned to it since I started playing CoD online, but I was addicted to solo Kino der Toten back in the game's first year lol

RL317 Level 75

Studios