Infinite Warfare 2 in 2019?

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

@Dante2k wrote:

I messaged a guy last night who was dominating lobbies with instant kills and asked him how he got such a good connection. I ended up partying up with him and winning ten games in a row before he had to go. He was from France and said he had a super fast internet connection. Makes me think what the heck is going on with the servers. Maybe it's just certain areas that struggle. 

That's what I don't get..I have the best internet that is offered where I live..don't recall the speeds off hand, but it's a tier 3 outta 3, and it's expensive, but is incredibly fast surfing online..we don't have it just for gaming..my wife occasionally works remotely from home, and I do some online stuff for work as well, but all that gets disconnected when I sit down for some CoD..I even asked the installer what I should do for optimal gaming..I got all the right ports opened..I even disable all my devices from wifi except my iPad (well sometimes I do that)..and based on screenshots others have posted on where servers are located, I have a couple fairly close to me..still get sh*t connections 40-50% of the time, and at the end of those matches I get sweaty palms and sore thumbs from trying so hard to fight the issues and go positive..the good times I feel unstoppable, I feel like I'm a full second ahead of everyone, feel like I could hip fire people across the map if I wanted to..it's just so inconsistent..and I'm not talking inconsistent day by day, but rather match to match in the same day..sometimes it flips halfway thru a match for whatever reason..possibly from players leaving and joining idk..

not sure how much any of that matters, but basically when I play CoD, mostly everytime my internet is only going to my PS4...

Maybe like how power companies have rolling blackouts when they feel strained, Activision has rolling terrible connections 😝...except I don't see the strain on servers...

James8421
100% same for me, connections in that game were absolutely flawless for me, even with only 5k people online.
kuljuarenot

Weird how it's still smooth as butter with next to nobody online, people dragged into lobbies all over the place, on jittery player hosts, but on IW 7ms feels like a two bar lol

If we had the faster paced gameplay of the more recent CoDs, or even something like MW3, but with Ghosts connections, I don't think I'd play any other game.

Oh and this is random but I was playing Ghosts a while back (maybe a couple of months ago) and while randomly flicking through leaderboards, I saw your name. Did you keep playing Ghosts after AW and BO3 came out by any chance? I certainly did haha

RL317 Level 75
What's so bad about IW? Genuinely curious. Did you dislike BO3 & AW too?
AlmightyStarfire

@AlmightyStarfire wrote:
What's so bad about IW? Genuinely curious. Did you dislike BO3 & AW too?

I want to like it.  I like bo3, and play it a lot. AW was AWful. 

Here's a short list.

The matchmaking is broken.

The team balancing is broken.

The connections are hit or miss, but we'll give that a pass since its cod.

The weapon balance is decent even though the devs seem like they try to break it. 

The payloads are cheap. Most of the weapon ones let players with no skill have free kills.

The non weapon ones just aren't balanced. Some have multiple counters. Some have zero counters

That's just off the top.

I want to like it. I keep coming back to it hoping that it'll improve, but it doesn't. They're too busy releasing 700 camos to fix matchmaking? C'mon.

Bottom line, I play to have fun, and more often than not this game frustrates me.

I played for 3 hours today

I won TWO games. I went positive every single game. One of the games I went 31 and 2 and lost. 9 out of 10 of the games I was the only person on my team that wasn't negative. One of the 2 wins I was the only person positive on my team. And this has been since launch. I could deal with all the other crap I don't like. But, more than anything the team balancing or lack of, pushes me away.

gotsomestars Level 75

Speaking of horrible team balancing...

Mercinary114
Totally agree on the team balancing and connections but out of the three ( IW, BO3 and AW) it's the only one I can actually play. I know it's all opinion but I can't stand BO3 or AW. I actually took time off cod and played BF4 & Hardline when they were out. For some reason IW got my addicted and I haven't played BF1 all that much.
Dante2k Level 72
Literally the same exact boat. Just couldn't stand AW and BO3 and played Bf4 throughout that time. IW comes out and I move back to CoD while barely touching Bf1.
Mercinary114
OK fair enough i completely understand the technical grievances and was expecting that part.

Gameplay-wise: I mean, payload weapons is a ridiculous idea anyway but aren't the BO3 ones a whole lot worse? Gravity spike thingies, ripper cancer etc. I think claw and the ballista are the onky true BS in IW but the ballista is so under used/badly used anyway.
As for the payload skills; rewind is kinda OP and phase shift is a pain in the ass but I don't feel either are dominant or a real problem. Did BO3 not have similar things? (I only played BO3 for an hour or two before returnig it because the PS3 port was SO bad).
Idk man i respect your opinion (everyone is different ofc) but i definitely think IW gets an unfair amount of harshness. Technical issues aside, I fail to comprehend why so many people who liked BO3 don't like IW.
AlmightyStarfire

To be honest.  The gameplay is ok. I think I like bo3 better because it has a good mix of regular and advanced movement.  I think the meter charges too fast and lasts too long in IW. That just leads to gameplay like AW. Where everyone is boosting all over all the time. And it just gets boring to me after a while. 

But I can handle everything I don't like about this game except the team balancing.  For some reason I just don't feel like playing when I know the odds are against me every game. I thought about starting a new account,  just to play for fun, but at this point I just don't have that drive to play this game. I have more time to play than I used to, and when I feel like playing, I know I'll have more "fun" playing bo3. 

I almost forgot. I honestly don't think it gets more hate than it should. I just don't think they "connected" with the majority of the community with this game. I don't know why. Even leaving that aside the fact that they haven't seemed to even try to deal with some of the broken things in the game bothers me. I'd rather see them trying to fix it, even if it doesn't work the first couple times. It seems like all they care about doing is pushing out more crap to try and get folks to buy mdlc. I know there are separate parts of the dev team that works on things.

I'd just like a little more transparency.  Them saying "we know X isn't working properly so we are trying to fix it" would go a long way. Instead of burying their heads in the sand.

I guess when it comes down to it, they just haven't been making the best decisions. Or maybe I'm just getting too picky in my old age.

gotsomestars Level 75

Studios