Infinite Warfare 2 in 2019?

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

I do think advanced movement is forced upon us more in IW, but I don't care because it feels better to use this year. BO3 movement felt just like its aiming: unresponsive, heavy, clunky etc. It just felt awkward to use and, while I'd use wallruns to avoid getting sniped when vulnerable at the end of an awkward sightline, or I'd jump over fences and walls, I didn't like using it at all outside of g-slides and ledge slides. 

Even though it's more in your face and seems deadlier this year, it isn't for me because even using super sweaty evil fast movement isn't enough to outgun potatoes when I'm in a typical lobby and people see me for longer than I see them. I can fly over their head, turn on 20 sens, not miss, get just one or two hitmarkers super fast, die, and apparently they perfectly tracked me whizzing across the screen on 3 sens and I didn't start firing until way too late. Ok 🐸 lmao

It's like when I use Rushdown. I can jump up, Rushdown fly through a window preaiming a guy on my UAV or AUAV, hit him the frame my iron sights get on target, and suddenly I'm insta-deleted. Killcam shows him perfectly tracking the Rushdown movement without a care in the world, like it was too easy. If someone uses Rushdown around a corner on to my screen, it happens ridiculously fast and they're hitting me before everything is lined up again, or it's impossible to hit them early as happens to me.

I think we need ping numbers rather than bars, as seen on PC, because I bet I could line 90% of the bull***** I see up with other players' latency and jitter. Guaranteed. I played on the Spanish server yesterday with 30ms and I suddenly had way more time to react, and my speed and accuracy were rewarded. Hit detection, specifically with consecutive shots that are 100% on target, seemed better too. Wut?

RL317 Level 75

If I play on PC with ping numbers at the side I am getting usually 30-50. When I play IW I get bullets that don't work and also the occasional hexagons wtf. I don't get it. 

Dante2k Level 72

I've watched PC players with near constant hexagons who melt. Pwnstarzdotcom gets like 30ms to the Illinois server from Wisconsin, has hexagons on his screen at nearly all times and gets connections I wish I would get on a perfectly flat 7ms lmao. Such a joke.

RL317 Level 75
It's just crazy. I mean the Battlefield servers are spot on. I don't know if you have ever played Battlefield Hardline but it's a bit more cod like and has near perfect connections.
Dante2k Level 72

I played Hardline but that too was full of middle east players on EU servers. Only difference is they choose to play on EU servers in Battlefield 😴 no thanks, not interested in dealing with 100-200ms spongebags in a first person shooter lol

RL317 Level 75
That's strange. I never ever had a problem with connections in BFH or any Battlefield game tbh.
Dante2k Level 72

If you get back on any time soon, just load up a TDM on an EU server and play "spot the KSA/Q8/UAE/Iraq/M7md/Hassan/Aboody PSN" game. I guarantee you'll notice them straight away lol

But at least they don't seem to have as drastic a negative impact on the game as they do in CoD. BO3 was a mess and IW is almost as bad for that reason alone, although it's laggy in general. At least in BO3, if lobbies were truly local, it played well.

RL317 Level 75

Lol I get on today, and in my first game on I get streaked on by a skipping Saudi who doesn't even average a kill per life. Zero hit reg on him, but he can hit me just fine. I left the game 16-10, he was 22-7 having the game of his life as if I'm a thumbless idiot who runs into walls, and of all the players to run into he's not only a lagger, but he's terrible at the game. Bullets went right through him, aim assist got stuck behind him as he moved.

*****ing sweet!

RL317 Level 75
Both Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 had awful connections early. It was fixed mostly in Bf3, but it wasn't being fixed in Bf4 early on. Dice Stockholm was just cancer early in Bf4. People were complaining about the connections, how broken the game was, and how terrible the weapon balancing was early on, and a guy took a screenshot of a Dice Stockholm dev replying something along the lines of, "Our game is fine. Stopping being a ***** and hating our game." EA then replaced them with Dice LA shortly after that, and Dice LA really helped Bf4 out. They fixed nearly every major bug and netcode issue within a month. They even started the CTE (Community Test Environments) where they could test out new patches, maps, and DLC weapons before putting them into the full game. Many YouTubers were wanting a Dice LA Appreciation Day, myself included. But yeah, at least Battlefield's connections get fixed unlike CoD's. Hopefully we have new servers for WWII that don't run on a 20hz tick rate. Battlefield runs on a 60hz. CSGO runs on a 128hz I think. CoD is just so far behind with their servers.
Mercinary114

Hit detection is my number one issue with IW...I get that all the time...see a guy first, either start out with zero hitmarkers before finally, when my clip is half empty, I get them to register, or I'll get like 2-3 to hit right away, then suddenly they stop..all while maintaining dead center..I've had it happen on dudes not even moving, where I come up behind them head glitching a container..smh...sh*ts so annoying to me, I've rage quit matches where I was 20+ and like 5 (a match a couple weeks ago I was 35-9 or so..just smashin, I see a guy, suddenly my bullets stop working, and he turns and kills me..I just hit eject on my PS4)...now it's to the point I don't even want to play anymore..just isn't fair..and it isn't fair to my controllers 😆..I hate getting pissed at how the game performs..I miss the good old days where it was MYSELF getting me the most upset from mental errors, and sometimes other players "tactics"..

I'm with @gotsomestars...if they put out another CoD like IW I'll be done (even if we have different reasons)..never mind what 2019 brings, if WWII is the same as IW with the ONLY exception being botg..I'll pass..most likely rent it or buy it used from GS for the campaign only, then return it..I am curious to see how much I'll like botg again tho...my favorite CoDs are the ones before AW..but I'm not sure it was because of movement, I actually like AM..I'm just getting extremely bored of weapon variants, and them dam rig payloads..if WWII has cheap payload weapons, maybe I will buy it, just so I can snap it in half and burn it..bout ready to do just that to IW...I'm preventing that by just not playing it..been getting my fix on gta v..my dudes full on red mental state atm..actually had a guy message me the other day to let me know this isn't CoD lol...

Whatever they're doing with their servers or connections or whatever..it's not right, at times it felt like they were experimenting somehow, which is better than ignoring, but still..easily 6 outta 10 matches feel too off..maybe how they have it all setup was supposed to perform optimally based on a certain projected player population, which I can tell isn't there like it used to be..idk..but when I go on TF2, which maybe has a third of the player base as IW..the game seems flawless to me..don't get it..

James8421

Studios