Middle East dedicated servers

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

So there is a big community in the Middle East for call of duty and that includes (Saudi, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain), I my self been a fan since cod4 The problem is that we are always getting connected to EU servers which puts us on 1-2 bar, My internet speed is 100mbs, this has been going on for years and every year we have hope this issue to be fixed, it as so bad and getting worse, on AW and now bo3 was terrible, It is sometime unplayable which is frustrating cause we pay money every year and we always expect the game to function how it is suppose to be, it's really annoying, activision should stop being cheap and have this issue resolved.

XDEADLYXXNOOBX
37 REPLIES 37

Hi,

Activsion and and the devolpment partners, Treyarch, Infinityward etc, try their best, but you need to think of all the cost to have servers running in multiple Data centers all over the world. You will also need to higher people to work on those machines when something goes wrong. Its quite a tough task.

Thank you

Aaron K

Activision Ambassador

HotShotDev

Well they could at least let the middle east play on p2p amongst themselves like in Ghosts or AW then, rather than ruining the game for millions of players on two continents just because people in Asia are forced to play on EU servers 4000 miles away like in BO3.

It's disgusting that neither Treyarch or Activision even acknowledged this is problem despite thousands of complaints on forums/Twitter/YouTube (even Drift0r felt the need to make a video to raise awareness for everyone suffering with this), let alone do anything about it. Instead we got idiot script monkeys asking us if we were wired or wireless or on open NAT, or for us to do a speed test as if that's even remotely relevant.

RL317 Level 75

@oRLs_317o wrote:

Well they could at least let the middle east play on p2p amongst themselves like in Ghosts or AW then, rather than ruining the game for millions of players on two continents just because people in Asia are forced to play on EU servers 4000 miles away like in BO3.

It's disgusting that neither Treyarch or Activision even acknowledged this is problem despite thousands of complaints on forums/Twitter/YouTube (even Drift0r felt the need to make a video to raise awareness for everyone suffering with this), let alone do anything about it. Instead we got idiot script monkeys asking us if we were wired or wireless or on open NAT, or for us to do a speed test as if that's even remotely relevant.

But from a business standpoint, I'd have to look at it another way. You say there are "millions" of players, with only "thousands" of complaints ( which many of the complaints are duplicates of single persons ). 

So the larger portion of the "millions" are either satisfied with the product, or don't use the product enough to opinionate. Because of the sample portion you provided, the negative numbers of customers is low compared to the high volume of game sales. So the data proves there is not a "majority" problem to be addressed. 

^^^^^^This is how a business is going to look at it through mounds of research. They will always put their stockholders best interests first, and their bottom line. Some things are just not cost effective. I'm sure they have concluded the "demand" is not large enough to require financial investments in certain areas. 

Goingdeep747

Did you even read what I said? I didn't say provide servers, I said the region should be allowed to play on p2p like in every other CoD up until this year.

I don't see how forcing so many players to turn away from the series because they're not allowed to play local games with low latency is going to be good for business... 

RL317 Level 75

if they are prepared to take middle eastern players money then they should bl00dy well do what they need to do to provide them quality of service , whether it be servers or localised p2p.

it not just the middle easterns getting shat on by this, it's everybody in europe whose service is degraded on a daily basis by forcing ME players to connect to EU servers, and even giving them fake 4 bars a lot of the time.

just as an aside, there's millions more ps4 players in europe than america(FACT checked) so why are we putting up with this? 

also, anybody who says the ME player count isn't worth the expense of implementing a better system for is clueless, there's a huge cod following there and they are treated as 3rd class by the devs.

toby_jugs

toby_jugs wrote:

if they are prepared to take middle eastern players money then they should bl00dy well do what they need to do to provide them quality of service , whether it be servers or localised p2p.

There is listen servers /p2p of course there is people in that region have exactly the same matchmaking as anyone else. There are some geopolicital issues and logistical reasons why that region in particular has a wierd infrastructure ( not just for cod but in general)

it not just the middle easterns getting shat on by this, it's everybody in europe whose service is degraded on a daily basis by forcing ME players to connect to EU servers, and even giving them fake 4 bars a lot of the time.

This is no different to playing a less popular playlist and being matched with americans when your in eu and vice versa.

just as an aside, there's millions more ps4 players in europe than america(FACT checked) so why are we putting up with this? 

Not exacrtly sure what you are "being put up with "

also, anybody who says the ME player count isn't worth the expense of implementing a better system for is clueless, there's a huge cod following there and they are treated as 3rd class by the devs.

seems to me you seem to be protesting for something that isnt actually a reality.

Look and this goes to EVERYONE in this thread who ISN'T from the middle east , if this situation is as bad as you are all seemingly jumping on the bandwagon about.. wheres all these middle eastern players invading the europeans games then?  I don't think i've ever seen one complaint on the codhq ever about players from a middle eastern country causing a lobby to be laggy, thousands of omg im in the uk and matched with french/spanish /italians ect and vice versa type posts but these hordes of middle eastern players being forced to play in european servers ..erm nope 

The middle east is unfortunately like some other regions in the world subject to a considerably lower amount of players for cod, this affects matchmaking and limits the feasibility of having a dedicated server system thats suitable for everyone. Without going into the whole way too long discussion about the middle easts infrastructure and geoploitical climate its not simply a matter of having them plonk a dedi in the region . That is why like every other cod player in the world the middle eastern players have the exact same p2p/listen server system we all have access , if players fine themselves being matched further than what they would consider local that is down to low player counters, and the game modes ect. 

Maccabi Level 75
Maccabi, if you are not seeing that many ME players in your lobbies then that's great for you but i get them all the time, it's deffo not just the odd game and i'm playing hctdm all of the time.i'm playing solely on the uk hastings server on bo3 and it's rife with ME players even though there's at least half a dozen servers closer to them that would likely give a lower ping. i reckon if the player counts were low then there would be server space closer to them anyway.

i don't think you are looking hard enough for the complaints either, there's plenty of posts on this forum alone, tons on reddit and if you google the right keywords, a plethora more.
toby_jugs

toby_jugs wrote:
it's deffo not just the odd game and i'm playing hctdm all of the time.

please refer to my earlier point about lower pop game modes,  for example its 11:20am here in wales if i hop into bo3 now and fire up say fracture i can almost gauruntee half the people in the lobbies are american. Same with some other hard core modes . They have dedis in america and a p2p system as well. All the game is doing matching as best it can with whats available in the player pools.

Look im not saying it doesnt happen but there is reasons why , middle eastern players ending up in eu lobbies is no different than americans ending up in eu lobbies and vice versa, eu players being placed into american and middle eastern lobbies.

As for the actual complaint the middle eastern players have yes thats valid, BUT while being put into european lobbies may not seem local from a geographical view point for the internet its still a reasonably low ping depending on the infrastructure and routing hovering somewhere around the 100ms which yes isnt perfect but its easily playable.

due to the way the internet routes traffic those same players placed into a uk lobbie would hit 2-300ms which is not acceptable hence the game matches then usual eu side. ( where btw the dedis are as the uk does not have dedis ( or didnt previously ) 

im in a slightly unique position with this thread and its why ive been watching it the last few days, as i actually can give an opinion to both sides of the story as i have played and still do both in the uk and in the middle eastern region. I can find lobbies in both regions without too much trouble and at times and depending on play lists will get bumped to another region . 

Maccabi Level 75

Core TDM with an open NAT and no DLC had me playing with middle eastern players all year long, from day one, and I've only played TWO games on p2p. At least 50% of my games had at least three non-local players, and before my PS4 was zapped in a storm I had hundreds of screenshots of lobbies where there were at least four players from the region. I also had around 50 screenshots of TDM games where I was the only European player in the lobby as EVERYONE else was connecting from Saudi/Kuwait/Qatar/UAE. And I do mean everyone...

Lower population games modes didn't even come into it. 93% of my games were played in TDM this year; I couldn't find a single all local game of FFA or KC past January. Middle eastern players were as common as Europeans on EU servers, but Americans were nowhere near as commonly seen. Oh and even better, if I forced myself on to a North American server I was always the only non-local in the lobby.

But if you're seriously comparing that to trying to find a game of Fracture, or seriously asking what we had to put up with... I'm going to have to assume you're troll posting. If you genuinely never encountered lagging players in BO3 who had aim assist stuck behind where they were seen, received delayed hitmarkers despite the fact they were the ones lagging, or being melted by an impossible three shot death to a Weevil around a corner at mid range, then all I can say is lucky you. BO3 was hell for most of my games and I live a stone's throw away from the UK server guaranteeing I ping it in <8ms. Not once have I seen a game that felt like that when there were players from Asia in the lobby.

RL317 Level 75

Studios