Middle East dedicated servers

Infinite Warfare General Discussions


oRLs_317o wrote:

Core TDM with an open NAT and no DLC had me playing with middle eastern players all year long, from day one, and I've only played TWO games on p2p. At least 50% of my games had at least three non-local players, and before my PS4 was zapped in a storm I had hundreds of screenshots of lobbies where there were at least four players from the region. I also had around 50 screenshots of TDM games where I was the only European player in the lobby as EVERYONE else was connecting from Saudi/Kuwait/Qatar/UAE. And I do mean everyone...

 

so with no dlc each map pack release you were expotentionaly lowering the amount of players and sessions you could join and connect with right there. I not going to argue your i've only played 2 games on p2p statement but i find it highly doubtful.  While you havent said where you are based I am going to assume its near london by a later comment, connecting to european players then is more than likely or more accurately european located sessions ( and or one of the eu dedis) Please see my later point about the "uk server" . another main influence on how and more importantly where you connect to is your isp and ip number. Basically there are many variables why you connect where you do and while the devs try extremely hard to make sure they can account for as many variables as possible or negate certian negative influences and issues the simple fact is they try to make sure everyone has the best expereince they can. It would be counter productive to do otherwise.

 

Again and let me make this perfectly clear I am NOT dismissing anyones statements here but given I think I am the only person here who can actually comment on playing both in the uk and in the middle eastern region I have expereince of both. In fact and not elaborating actually have been there and tested matchmaking for cod and other games so have a lot of data on the subject.

As i said when i play in the ME region i tend to find a mixture of local games and or with europeans ( usually just hovering around the 100ms ping mark which is still as far as the game is concerned with acceptabple ping for playing. When im in wales the majority of my games are local against other people in wales. This is MY experience this isnt negating anyones elses its just what i expereince nothing more or less.

 

Lower population games modes didn't even come into it. 93% of my games were played in TDM this year; I couldn't find a single all local game of FFA or KC past January. Middle eastern players were as common as Europeans on EU servers, but Americans were nowhere near as commonly seen. Oh and even better, if I forced myself on to a North American server I was always the only non-local in the lobby.

 

Mentioning low pop game modes was solely to cover numerous reasons as the op and others never mentioned what game modes they play. Again if i go into bo3 now (11am) chances are in most hc modes and fracture i would end up with american players again this is my experience. 

 

But if you're seriously comparing that to trying to find a game of Fracture, or seriously asking what we had to put up with... I'm going to have to assume you're troll posting. If you genuinely never encountered lagging players in BO3 who had aim assist stuck behind where they were seen, received delayed hitmarkers despite the fact they were the ones lagging, or being melted by an impossible three shot death to a Weevil around a corner at mid range, then all I can say is lucky you.

 

I merely used fracture as an example of my experiences , and not troll posting I understand how the matchmaking and how the internet works really well i was merely trying to explain different variables . Of course i've experienced laggy players it would be impossible not to , ive also expeireinced really dire awful game sessions on p2p where everyone is on a one bar these are outliers of matchmaking and while horrible for the end users unfortunately something that does and will happen when playing online. Gaming online is never going to be perfect regardless of how good you think your internet connection you pay for is thats just a fact, twitch shooters especially as fast paced as cod show up issues in a far more dramtic way than other types of games sometimes theres nothing you can do about that its the interwebz.

 

BO3 was hell for most of my games and I live a stone's throw away from the UK server guaranteeing I ping it in <8ms. Not once have I seen a game that felt like that when there were players from Asia in the lobby.


See my experience of bo3 would be completely the opposite , while i dont like to throw our random percentages i would say over the however many tens of thousands of matches i've probably played now maybe 5-10% were less than playable which is fine FOR ME.

You do realize living close to where you think a server is isnt the same as actually connecting to it right?> The internet doesn't take geography into account it works solely on the way data is routed. 

I'm not sure what you are using to ping the server with but I am going to assume its not the in game ping which is the only one thats relevant as a figure for the session you are in at the time.

 

 

Look end of the day , I am NOT saying people in the middle eastern region do NOT have issues as we know they do , what i am saying though is there are numerous reasons as to why they maybe connecting to european players and vice versa. They have EXACTLY the same matchmaking system as EVERYONE else, so one of the many other factors i have already mentioned like routing, infrastructure, player counts, game modes, time of day,  come into play when matchmaking decides where to place them. To simply say slap a dedi in the region doesnt fix the issue, as it doesn't  ( and also add in other issues which i wont bring up as its opening the topic up to something completely off tangent.

 

 

Disclaimer - Views expressed in this post are entirely my own and should not be associated with any person living or dead , company or organisation i may or may not be associated with or percieved to be associated with now or the past. I am first and foremost an opinionated gamer like everyone else here and my posts should be taken as that and nothing more.  Nor should it be taken that my personal opinions are due to some percieved association by tinfoil hat wearing theorists. I like cake and long walks on the beach.

Maccabi Level 75
Likes: 4703
Posts: 16313
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

Why are you highly doubtful? All of my games bar two have been on a player host; both in KC, one where I was host, the other where I connected to someone in Austria at 35ms~ (50ms in game). Even better, whenever I used the Netduma to avoid servers, I simply couldn't find a single game. Clearly there are VERY loose requirements in order to get on to a server. It wouldn't surprise me if it was based off something like NAT type only because it clearly isn't ping, region or skill based.

 

And yes I live about 40 miles away from London... the server is probably closer to me than London as I'm near the south coast. Of course IPs are often mislocated but whenever I found myself with 8ms~ I was on the English one, 20ms~ the Netherlands one, 30ms~ the France or Germany one, 40ms~ to Denmark and so on.

 

All I know is that when nobody's three barring the lobby generally has a smoother, more responsive feel to it. Four bar enemies really isn't much to ask for considering what it takes to play on a four bar. Hell, I can ping Illinois or Georgia in under 100ms and New Jersey/New York/Montreal in under 80ms from over 3000 miles away. With how many European CoD players there are I doubt I'm asking for much in expecting at least 90% of my games have clients under 100ms, never mind guaranteeing theyre all local and on stable connections, never mind expecting that in core TDM. It has at least 25% of the entire playerbase on at any one time...

 

Out of around 4000 games of TDM only 100 or so have given me that "wow this feels smooth" shock feeling. I had it again last week; I spent four hours glued to the screen, struggling to pull myself away at 4am because I was having the most fun I've had to date. My excellent connection felt like it. I think I encountered just one three bar player in that time too, despite the time!

 

Having no DLC is a precaution for my sanity. The only time Ghosts was unplayable was when I had DLC, and when the fourth map pack came out I had to delete it the very next day. After that it went back to flawless games. AW was awful anyway and I couldn't find many games of core TDM just nine months after it came out, but until I deleted DLC I literally couldn't find a single game of TDM.

 

Players in the middle east having the same form of matchmaking as us is EXACTLY the problem: they should not be connecting to servers on a different continent 4000 miles away. It's like when I was connecting to San Diego/Seattle servers in AW. I've spoken to tonnes of players from the region having encountered them in game, and many will say the same thing: "I can't get four bar games" or "Ghosts/AW allowed us to play on local player hosts". At the start of BO3 I was so p*ssed off at the matchmaking that I would spend more time messaging random players I encountered from the Arab world -- and asking if they knew why they kept getting on to west EU servers -- than actually playing the game itself, never mind enjoying it. Lots of them would say they sent Treyarch or Vonderhaar a message on Twitter asking for answers, because BO3 was matchmaking so differently to AW and they couldn't have fun playing CoD anymore. I've done searches on Twitter alone and seen thousands of players from the region begging Treyarch or Activision to tell them why they're forced to play on EU servers in every game. Nobody answers except for the typical window licking script monkey response of "are you wired or wireless?" or "what's your upload speed?" LOL

 

I didn't encounter this many non-EU players even in AW with its retarded matchmaking and the few games I could find, never mind the few I could find with good connections. I made friends with a girl from Cali just because I kept running into her so often in TDM in AW's first nine months 😂

RL317 Level 75
Likes: 5184
Posts: 8488
Registered: ‎24-03-2014

@oRLs_317o wrote:

 whenever I used the Netduma to avoid servers,


The fact you used that to limit the possible player pool negates any comment or opinion you may have now sorry .Past that I assumed as much from some of your previous comments from ping mentions ect i wont reply to any comments that cite that device Sorry

 

Look I dont mean to be rude here but this thread was about middle eastern players connecting not about your experiences and debating your own personal experiences . You said you find middle eastern players in your lobby there you go you confirmed what they said and something we already knew. This thread has gone off topic enough now with our replies to each other so lets try to keep it firmly on topic .

 


@oRLs_317o wrote:

 

 

Players in the middle east having the same form of matchmaking as us is EXACTLY the problem: they should not be connecting to servers on a different continent 4000 miles away.


Well actually no that isn't the problem , if EVERYONE in the middle east region connected ONLY to the european hosts then yes THAT would be a problem. As i tried to explain the reasom some of them do is because of reasons i outlined before on this thread nothing more nothing less.

 


Disclaimer - Views expressed in this post are entirely my own and should not be associated with any person living or dead , company or organisation i may or may not be associated with or percieved to be associated with now or the past. I am first and foremost an opinionated gamer like everyone else here and my posts should be taken as that and nothing more. Nor should it be taken that my personal opinions are due to some percieved association by tinfoil hat wearing theorists. I like cake and long walks on the beach.


Maccabi Level 75
Likes: 4703
Posts: 16313
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

I had a Netduma for two months. Before and after that it was regular matchmaking as far as the game is concerned so I've experienced the game as most other would. Didn't make a bit of difference. Middle east players still connected to European servers FAR too often.

 

I haven't gone off topic at all; it's all relevant. Matchmaking is broken in BO3 and has been since day one. If you experienced what I have all year in core TDM and you would be okay with that, you must be very easily pleased. My BO3 experience was shaped by the number of middle eastern players in my games. When that wasn't the case (very rare), it actually played well.

RL317 Level 75
Likes: 5184
Posts: 8488
Registered: ‎24-03-2014

@oRLs_317o wrote:

 

 

I haven't gone off topic at all; it's all relevant. Matchmaking is broken in BO3 and has been since day one. If you experienced what I have all year in core TDM and you would be okay with that, you must be very easily pleased. My BO3 experience was shaped by the number of middle eastern players in my games. When that wasn't the case (very rare), it actually played well.


To say matchmaking is broken is purely YOUR point of view it is not mine, as I get matched with local people for the most part .

 

I am NOT disputing what you say but before this post can you link me all the threads where you have complained about being constantly matched to players from the middle east i'd be intertested in reading yours and others comments on the threads. Thanks

 

Disclaimer - Views expressed in this post are entirely my own and should not be associated with any
person living or dead , company or organisation i may or may not be associated with or percieved to be
associated with now or the past. I am first and foremost an opinionated gamer like everyone else here
and my posts should be taken as that and nothing more. Nor should it be taken that my personal opinions
are due to some percieved association by tinfoil hat wearing theorists. I like cake and long walks on
the beach.Yes i know I spelt perceived wrong

Maccabi Level 75
Likes: 4703
Posts: 16313
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

Not taking sides, but Orl has posted pics and vids here and on twitter throughout the year. 

gotsomestars Level 75
Likes: 11277
Posts: 15377
Registered: ‎21-03-2013

@gotsomestars wrote:

Not taking sides, but Orl has posted pics and vids here and on twitter throughout the year. 


yeah im looking through his posted pics now ( new forum layour makes finding older posts less than easy to trawl though )

 

Unfortunately I've noticed a few things off the bat with some of his posts and pics but its about the one subject ( hint THING ) i cant talk about 

 

Orl before you get your heckles up i am NOT trying to pick apart your points or argue with i am genuinely trying to work out WHY you have so many issues with matchmaking 

 

 

Disclaimer - Views expressed in this post are entirely my own and should not be associated with any
person living or dead , company or organisation i may or may not be associated with or percieved to be
associated with now or the past. I am first and foremost an opinionated gamer like everyone else here
and my posts should be taken as that and nothing more. Nor should it be taken that my personal opinions
are due to some percieved association by tinfoil hat wearing theorists. I like cake and long walks on
the beach.Yes i know I spelt perceived wrong


Maccabi Level 75
Likes: 4703
Posts: 16313
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

I tried to figure it out too. There were a few others from EU thar had the same issue. Unfortunately I never figured out "why". Hard to do unless you live there I suppose.  I just hope it's better this year. For everyone. Anywho, back to lurking.

gotsomestars Level 75
Likes: 11277
Posts: 15377
Registered: ‎21-03-2013
orl's problems with matchmaking are chronicled on the forums, i've had it quite bad at times too but not in the same league ,fortunately for me.








toby_jugs
Likes: 1042
Posts: 1303
Registered: ‎11-08-2013

@toby_jugs wrote:
orl's problems with matchmaking are chronicled on the forums, i've had it quite bad at times too but not in the same league ,fortunately for me.


From what posts and screenshots i've seen , well mostly screenshots i can tell exactly what at least one of  the issues is that's causing it , unfortunately i cant discuss that topic to explain what it is Smiley Sad







 

Maccabi Level 75
Likes: 4703
Posts: 16313
Registered: ‎31-05-2011

Studios