Multiplayer hacks/ cheats Xbox 1

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

The multiplayer is completely ruined by modded controllers, lag switches.  There must be something done to save the COD series!  I have zero problem with being skilled that results in death.  Devs may as well, max out all weapons so mods dont effect game play.  There is no reason to purchase supply drops, if a player can be beaten with a common weapon that fires 15k + rounds out of a semi auto pistol, shot gun.  Its a complete junk!  So disappointed in this game play. Please fix or attempt care and start to ban accounts, better yet, how about IP or console bans. 

batts1240_3913615
11 REPLIES 11
Report in game.

I don't think it is as common as you think it is.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

There is a variant of one the pistols that dumps half the clip when you pull the trigger. If it's a shotgun, it's probably a jitter mod. I still haven't seen one in IW, but if I did I'd tell Xbox to record it and send the video straight to Activision on twitter. I have no sympathy for jitter modding losers.

Brian Rooks
Brian25savannah Level 75

I feel like I've seen a few but I have no definitive evidence. I'll jump into a lobby, I'll see someone with an uber-prestige level, I'll take a look at their history, and if they have some crazy K/D ratio I'm out of there. If I'm in game and I notice that happening, I'll stick it out because I don't quit mid-match but afterwards I'm immediately out. Either you're cheating or are too good for me. Either way, it makes for an unenjoyable experience and that's not what I'm there for. I don't mind getting my butt whooped but you can always just tell the ones that are a bit odd.

I am proud to say I have yet to have someone get a nuke while I'm playing. I'm proud of that one. :-)

QuantumSchema

I have yet to see anyone cheating using a console hack on the XB1. If someone has a high k/d it could also mean that they play a certain game mode with a full party that allows them to rack up score streaks and boost their k/d.

Also, IW is a cheese-filled game that also suffers from laggy lobbies due to poor MM at times. If something  seems a bit off in a game it doesn't mean that there's cheating going on. It could be lag or one of the many cheesy loadouts/traits/perks at work.

Mohumpus
I'm with ya about not seeing/knowing about a console hack on the XB1. I agree. The cases that come to mind for me were core Domination or TDM games with one lone wolf that is always at least Prestige 6. What sticks out to me in those cases is lag/frame drop. Obviously this is speculation and it could be anything but I do recall the game just not feeling right when ever I see them around. Who knows... maybe I get lucky and play with the pros on their test/extra accounts.
QuantumSchema

Lag can turn the game completely on its head and give the appearance that someone is cheating or just a superstar. Last night I was gaming with a group of old friends (emphasis on old) and we were losing every match by double digits. It wasn't even close. Everything in game was off. All of us felt behind. We changed the host and everything changed. We won most games and most weren't close. Point being that it doesn't take much to go from winning most fair fights to losing every fair fight.

Those good players may very well be pros, but I'd bet most are just casual gamers who happen to have a better connection to the host.

Mohumpus

@Mohumpus wrote:

Lag can turn the game completely on its head and give the appearance that someone is cheating or just a superstar. Last night I was gaming with a group of old friends (emphasis on old) and we were losing every match by double digits. It wasn't even close. Everything in game was off. All of us felt behind. We changed the host and everything changed. We won most games and most weren't close. Point being that it doesn't take much to go from winning most fair fights to losing every fair fight.

Those good players may very well be pros, but I'd bet most are just casual gamers who happen to have a better connection to the host.

Lesson learned lastnight: Don't let the guy on wifi host the party. I sure hope Rome found his wire!

SweatDragon Level 75
I think it's just the game. Sometimes it just flat out seems to 💩 on you and then turns around half way through the game. Other times its the other way around. As far as modded controllers anything is possible. I haven't noticed one yet in IW but pretty sure there was one guy in MWR. Unfortunately they're easy to come by. Even without buying a whole new controller.
Despising cheaters since 1970
cranium2001#6312400 Level 75

Try looking up XxBRAEDENTxX or just search BRAEDENT.  Player went 51-1, 73-8 and 65-5 in 3 games.  Completed Master Killer at level 39.

TOTAL HACKER!

DopiestCarton22

Studios