New weapon (WHY... is this a weapon perk)

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Introducing the DCM-8 MASOCHIST it has infinite ammo, but here is the catch it deals self damage everytime you fire the weapon. Yes thats right every time you fire you are hurting yourself. I really dont understand the point of this new gun. You can actually kill yourself if you shot to much. What is everyones thoughts on this gun? I also think this is going to be a supply drop weapon.

Image result for DCM-8 MASOCHIST

aspromised11
17 REPLIES 17

It's a balancing factor for the game. This shotgun is the full auto energy shotgun.  If you haven infinite ammo, that means you don't have to stop and reload at all. So, you can just keep on hosing down the enemy team with this. Imagine the haymaker with rapid fire, but you never have to reload.  Infinite warfare is likely using pellet damage like past COD games rather than the flat damage that BO3 did.  So, having the tighter pellet spread will also make this gun more leathal. It will probably kill between 2 and 5 shots depending on the range you are from your opponent. Taking away the reload and giving it tighter pellet spread make the weapon incredibly strong. 

However, every time you pull the trigger you take let's say 5 damage. That means you can fire 19 shells before the shotgun kills you.  If you have the faster health regen perk, then you have to stop for 3 seconds and let your health come back up. Not a big deal right. Well, 5 damage might not seem like a lot, but if you start doing the math it does make a difference. Let's say you are up against an AR that does 30 damage per bullet at close range. 3 x 30 = 90 + 30 = 120 so normally it's a 4 shot kill. But, if you fire two rounds you take 10 damage. This would move this AR up to a 3 shot kil instead of a 2. Likewise if you hose down 2 to 3 people with let's say 8 to 9 pellet's that leaves you at 55 to 60 health. If you took one bullet from anybody you would be at the point that you are pretty much a one shot kill for any gun in the game for the next 3 to 5 seconds. It gives you the ability to use the shotgun as a bullet hose and clean out a whole team. However, it also leaves you additionally vulnerable and gives the weapons not designed for close quarters combat a fighting chance. 

Another example would be a sniper rifle. If you run in on something like the locus from BO3 it does 98 damage in one shot. Let's say you come up on a sniper and they hipfire you.  If you fired the shotgun and took 5 damage. A hit to any part of your body leaves you dead. It's a good way to really buff the snot out of what will likely be the weakest shotgun in the game and still keep it balanced. 

darkrangeresp1

The gun suits a lot of the ADD players who don't care about dying. You know; the type of players that will die to a Guardian in Black Ops 3 as long as they get the kill. The type that go 20-27 in TDM. The developers know who their playerbase is.

Carvalho16

About the dumbest variant I have heard of next to the pink ***** shot ripper. It is a bit of a concern though, one of the limitations of shotties is the fact you have to reload which is what makes auto shotties so OP, the ability to spam before reloading. Depending on how much damage it inflicts on you will determine the factor if it is OP and if this shotty is auto,or not. If it can take out more than three players before it kills you without stopping and regaining health, it is going to be a potential problem. Not a fan of shotties to begin with so as long as it is balanced against other CQ guns, let them make these stupid variants like this, they have very little interest to me since I rarely use shotties.

@aspromised11 wrote:

Introducing the DCM-8 MASOCHIST it has infinite ammo, but here is the catch it deals self damage everytime you fire the weapon. Yes thats right every time you fire you are hurting yourself. I really dont understand the point of this new gun. You can actually kill yourself if you shot to much. What is everyones thoughts on this gun? I also think this is going to be a supply drop weapon.

tbox75

@tbox75 wrote:

About the dumbest variant I have heard of next to the pink ***** shot ripper. It is a bit of a concern though, one of the limitations of shotties is the fact you have to reload which is what makes auto shotties so OP, the ability to spam before reloading. Depending on how much damage it inflicts on you will determine the factor if it is OP and if this shotty is auto,or not. If it can take out more than three players before it kills you without stopping and regaining health, it is going to be a potential problem. Not a fan of shotties to begin with so as long as it is balanced against other CQ guns, let them make these stupid variants like this, they have very little interest to me since I rarely use shotties.

@aspromised11 wrote:

One... I cannot believe how poorly written the description is, "You can actually kill yourself if you shot to much." Seriously?

And they made a gun you cannot use in hardcore. How effing dumb.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

@RAN Kismet wrote:

@tbox75 wrote:

@aspromised11 wrote:

One... I cannot believe how poorly written the description is, "You can actually kill yourself if you shot to much." Seriously?

Ha, could imagine somoene going to pick this up in HC after killing someone with it not knowing about the variant and boom, they kill themselves. That would be funny, at least once.

tbox75

@tbox75 wrote:

@RAN Kismet wrote:

@tbox75 wrote:

@aspromised11 wrote:

Ha, could imagine somoene going to pick this up in HC after killing someone with it not knowing about the variant and boom, they kill themselves. That would be funny, at least once.

Hopefully you at least get an achievment/trophy called "oops".

HAHAHA

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

That sounds like a pretty interesting gun and like many others said in here the balancing of it will depend entirely on how much damage it self-inflicts each time you fire. The health system, from what I played, seems a little bit meatier than BO3 (everyone seemed to have a bit more health or weapons more shots in general to take people down) so it could provide for some interesting scenarios depending on the damage output. 

For instance, if it one shot kills people at very close range and you can fire seven shots before it kills you then that might be a bit strong, but you also have to consider how it handles in medium range combat and if the self-inflicting damage is enough to tip the scenario in the favor of your enemy the majority of the time. If someone can shoot you once and leave you nearly dead, will one or two shots from that shotgun finish you off? It will be interesting to see and to see if Infinite Ammo also means it doesn't have to reload. 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

With all due respect there is nothing interesting about this gun. When i am playing I have enough to worry about, like having the people on the other team killing me. Now i have to worry about my own gun killing me. I like people bright side of things attitude, but with every COD there is Great achievement and then there is a Epic fail. I have one of my predictions on a Epic fail. One thing i hope is a Great Achievement is these Combat Rigs

aspromised11

@aspromised11  I could be mistaken but I believe this is just a variant to an existing gun. I am doubtful there will be challenges needed to use that specific variant so you can just use the base weapon without the self inflicting damage to complete the challenges for it. I have also seen some topics on the fact you can break down variants possibly giving you more scrap to build other more preferred variants which I kind of like. Not 100% sure if that is accurate or how it would work but multiple people have commented on it. My biggest concern is them making the variants unbalanced causing everyone choosing a couple go to guns/variants.

I will say with some potentially postitive news in regards to supply drops and variants, the one factor that I hated most about it, is they could not be earned. I have heard some statements that in this title you can earn them from multiple YT'ers. Not sure if those are 100% either but I am truly hoping that is the case. One way to always ensure at least a basic level of fairness in regards to match/player balance, if one player can equip it, other players should be able to at the very minimum match that weapon with the same. Even if you have to grind to get it, I much prefer that over blind stupid luck on getting a gun. 

tbox75

Studios