Servers, Matchmaking is still absolute trash in this game.

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Amount of server rejections, host migrations and time it takes to find games is still continually getting worse. Love how all the many updates fix useless crap and doesnt' deal with core issues of the game.

MurkBeserk Level 75
30 REPLIES 30

I dont believe anymore there are any dedicated servers....getting as well every 2-3 games host migration, or lost connection to host. They just use those "servers" for matchmaking, and anyones console is hosting the game. I dont know why they lying to us, telling us they use dedicated servers lol. But what to expect from them, we see it what a bad game we got.

Horrorman Level 75

@Horrorman wrote:

I dont believe anymore there are any dedicated servers....getting as well every 2-3 games host migration, or lost connection to host. They just use those "servers" for matchmaking, and anyones console is hosting the game. I dont know why they lying to us, telling us they use dedicated servers lol. But what to expect from them, we see it what a bad game we got.

Doesn't matter much if you believe it or not. This game has dedicated servers. But, as a few of us have said since before they started using dedicated servers, dedicated servers aren't a magic cure. In some situations dedicated servers are worse than the old "listen only" setup. 

That being said, I have noticed a big difference since launch, even since January.  It definitely takes longer to find a match,  and there is definitely a bug in the whole process. I can search for a game, sit there for 10 minutes, not fine one. Then exit, search the same mode again, and find one instantly. Not only that, but even when I get a host migration,  it still shows me connected to the same server farm I always get.

I also noticed that this game uses different server farms than bo3 did, at least in certain parts of the world.

A company called "switch" just opened a huge, yuuuuge, data center in my area in a pyramid shaped building that used to be owned by a local business.  Supposedly activision is one of their customers, if that's the case having a farm in my area would be able to serve quite a few players from Chicago, to new york, Toronto,  practically the whole northern Midwest, and south eastern/central Canada.  The building is pretty impressive, I took a tour there when I was in school. 

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2017/03/09/switch-launches-its-pyramid-shaped-data-cente...

Pretty cool video tour of the building. I'm a tech nerd, sorry Smiley Happy

On a side note, this particular company offers 100% uptime guarantees in their contracts, so that would be great for a company like Acti,  or any other publisher/developer. Ok, I'm going to stop rambling now. It's 5am and I haven't slept yet, sorry again... 

gotsomestars Level 75

Not only that, gameplay is absolutly horrible!  If you aren't getting hit markers for an obvious hit, it's the random noobtubes and granades being thrown.  I don't know if it's a new thing or if it's the new gamer generation.  Either way, it takes no skill and is complete trash.  I've haven't liked the way COD decided to make their games more like Halo but the issues I listed above will keep me from buying another COD game.  

WheelerR

i don t understand why old call of duty is easy find player and game start soon and last call of duty is hard.. from black ops 3 and now.i have nat open on xbox one and my provider say me my line is good. i have telecom italia fibra 50 mb download and 20 mb upload.. i use cable 

caramelsaturn

hmm, I haven't had much trouble finding games, and few migrations and such. but twice yesterday, the "lobby has closed" just as the match was about to begin.wut?? is this similar to the host leaving the match?

PZ_Atac

Aha I love throwing grenades especially when people are camping. I see them as a useful tool to try and stop the camping. Not only that it's fun killing people with them.  

Nathan425

@MurkBeserk wrote:

Amount of server rejections, host migrations and time it takes to find games is still continually getting worse. Love how all the many updates fix useless crap and doesnt' deal with core issues of the game.

Matchmaking works fine for me most of the time and that is with the Sabotage DLC installed. For me, the biggest issue with matchmaking is the team balance being terrible in a large number of matches where these things seem to happen in those lobbies:

1. 2-3 pub stompers are placed together desipte not being in a party.
  2. Those pub stompers will oftentimes be on the enemy team so I have to bust out a KBAR-32 or Type-2 just to go even or postitive by a handful of kills.
  3. One team will be loaded with well below average players and they will tend to be my teammates so I have to protect them.
  4. The same players from 3 are placed on the pub stomping team as an attempt to balance the teams not knowing that the pub stompers will still win by a few kills by out sweating my team.
  5. 1 or 2 4+ KD high roller is in the lobby.
  6. If 1-5 doesn't happen and the match is favorable for me, the game has the tendency to throw an error message my way.

AW's matchmaking and team balance was designed to prevent all this from happening often, but those players complained about having to sweat out every match and came up with excuses to justify why they are entitled to lots of kills every match to make sure SBMM has to be as lax as possible so nothing will be done about IW's or any other COD's matchmaking without those people going into a nuclear rage fit about this game.

Rusted_Ace2013

I am far from being a good player, with around a 1.2 k/d, but I had a string of matches last week that made absolutely no sense. In hc kc, I had a stretch of about 4 games where I seemed unable to be killed, and it was not fun. One match I went 38 and 3, and the other 3 were close to double digit k/d. This was the same day I had the weird disconnect notice that said my LAN cable had come unplugged, despite never being logged out of PSN. Ever since those games, my lobbies have been terrible. Not in the sense of "sweaty" lobbies, just really poor connection issues with skipping enemies that blipped from place to place coupled with no hit detection when I found an enemy who wasn't skipping. Then I started having really odd instances of dying due to "friendly fire is not tolerated", despite never firing my gun. 

I can understand having poor connections, as we all experience it from time to time, but the friendly fire thing has me baffled. 

I would tell the OP to post to Activision Assists twitter account with their problems, but they have seemed to disregard my issue the last few times after I provide them with my speed test results, and router log showing that I had power cycled the router by disconnecting and unplugging the router, as the log shows the disconnect  time and initialization time. I've rebuilt my database, uninstalled and reinstalled, and nothing helps. 

The thing I am having the most frustration over is the fact that, despite Activision getting tweets from numerous users experinging problems, they continue to act as if the problem is on our end. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75
Highlighted

Hardcore Kc is the same way for me too, really spotty connection wise and it's not on my end. I think the server is just pulling players from further away and makes the lobbies laggy.

Brian Rooks
Brian25savannah Level 75

Studios