Servers, Matchmaking is still absolute trash in this game.

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Are you also experiencing getting placed back into the same poor connection lobby, even after backing out? I ask because I read the denkirson post, again, that explained how the lag compensation works, and more directly, what matchmaking takes into consideration when grouping players together. After reading how these lobbies are created by matchmaking, I'm kind of worried that things may not get any better, even though I really want the game to be good.

Killing an enemy that clearly didn't see me is not fun for me, but what is even less fun is being on the slaughtered end of it and having some moron on the other team who went 48-5 talk crap about how bad we all are, like he didn't realize he (through no fault of his own) had an unfair advantage for that match.

mygamertagsucks Level 75

Yeah it's really weird and don't if it's the netduma or the game but it'll put me in a pregame lobby, kick me out, I'll search again, get put back in the same lobby and kicked again. This will happen 3 or 4 times in a row. I'm wondering if a player outside my geofilter is initially the host before it goes to the server, I don't know how this stuff works 

Brian Rooks
Brian25savannah Level 75

Ugh, I feel your pain. Had that last night. Today it doesn't want to throw me into any lobby. This should not not still be an issue. I hate to pile on, but this game truly has been a case of patching one thing and breaking another. I'm editing this again, as I was just in, and back out of, the same lobby twice. Had players that appeared to shoot me before even showing up on my screen. I hate to be so negative, but you can only sugar coat so much. This is, by most accounts, an extremely unfinished game from day one that just continues to somehow become worse. I guess we should appreciate the fact they are trying to fix the game, but it never should have been released in this state. Surely they have the ability to test their games, and networks, prior to launch. I just can not imagine where, in any other business, this seemingly half hearted effort would have been acceptable. 

Maybe Activision should start considering other development firms for their life cycle, instead of guaranteeing that every three years a studio will get to make their game. 

This has to be alienating the more die hard CoD fanbase. I'm just a casual player and I'm frustrated as hell.

mygamertagsucks Level 75

IW has the WORST Matchmaking servers of ANY Xbox game I’ve seen. They HAVE to fix this garbage. Teams so grossly stacked to getting bull*****ted by a shotgun from halfway across the map while glitching. If these servers don’t get better, Xbox and COD can *****OFF!

IWSERVERSFukingsuck

@Rusted_Ace2013 wrote:

@MurkBeserk wrote:

Amount of server rejections, host migrations and time it takes to find games is still continually getting worse. Love how all the many updates fix useless crap and doesnt' deal with core issues of the game.

Matchmaking works fine for me most of the time and that is with the Sabotage DLC installed. For me, the biggest issue with matchmaking is the team balance being terrible in a large number of matches where these things seem to happen in those lobbies:

1. 2-3 pub stompers are placed together desipte not being in a party.
  2. Those pub stompers will oftentimes be on the enemy team so I have to bust out a KBAR-32 or Type-2 just to go even or postitive by a handful of kills.
  3. One team will be loaded with well below average players and they will tend to be my teammates so I have to protect them.
  4. The same players from 3 are placed on the pub stomping team as an attempt to balance the teams not knowing that the pub stompers will still win by a few kills by out sweating my team.
  5. 1 or 2 4+ KD high roller is in the lobby.
  6. If 1-5 doesn't happen and the match is favorable for me, the game has the tendency to throw an error message my way.

AW's matchmaking and team balance was designed to prevent all this from happening often, but those players complained about having to sweat out every match and came up with excuses to justify why they are entitled to lots of kills every match to make sure SBMM has to be as lax as possible so nothing will be done about IW's or any other COD's matchmaking without those people going into a nuclear rage fit about this game.

Matchmaking should be based solely and 100% on connection and nothing else, because of how crappy the servers are in COD, the hit detection or whether it be archaic engine and coding, lag comp, cheap server selection, this franchise can't afford to have matchmaking based on stats especially when their stat system is broken. The second they do, the game performance suffers to almost unplayable. I believe they actually have either been experimenting with this or it is already in the game and that might be why a lot of us are suffereing big time trying to find games and getting booted from teams and lobbies. They are doing something really wrong and if they start implementing more conditions on matchmaking, the overall performance will continue to suffer. Example, if they match players from across the country based on stats vs someone in your own state based on connection, it will be a horrible experience, kind of already is. The game  will no longer come down to skill but who is on the better side of the connection. That is true in a lot of games now and if they truly are only matching players based on connection and not stats or perceived skill, than their code, game servers are really really bad as they are now and that is just pathetic especially when you compare it to games like Overwatch who in my experience has almost flawless connection and performance and the server I connect to is halfway across the country.

COD is really really behind in regards to online performance, dont' know why but it is horrible to play most of the time, why I don't play as much now. Love the game play when it works right but lately, that has been lacking in a huge way. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

I couldn't hardly find a game for 20 minutes last night, reset and had couple 4v4 slow hardcore Tdm games. I've been playing some core Tdm lately, lobbies seem to stay full and as long as I'm on the good server I seem to play just as well as hardcore, I may just transition over slowly, the guys hiding in the spawn with flatlines in hardcore are giving me Ebola.

Brian Rooks
Brian25savannah Level 75

Finding a match if it's not tdm is a knightmare. It's doing my head in. 

Dante2k Level 72

@Dante2k wrote:

Finding a match if it's not tdm is a knightmare. It's doing my head in. 

Was playing today and trying to find a game in TDM HC is frustrating. Even opened up my duma settings and it didn't matter. I think there is just such a reduced population in this game that is an issue.  If it is this bad now, just wait until DLC2 and DLC3. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

Its horrible.

Infinite packet loss warfare.

9/10 matches have players with packet loss and one bar connection. Im also seeing the same players in lobbys on a daily basis, doesnt matter the time of day.

Sometimes it takes a while to find a match in core tdm. I played ghosts last week and I could find matches quicker with 4k on PS4.

The last 3 CoDs have been the worst connection wise. Ghosts was the last good CoD, IMO.

May have to find a different franchise to put time and money into.

If connection was a top priority in this franchise when developing these games, more people would be playing, not just the guys that have been waiting for more prestiges.

MeanMugginMike

Last weekend was spotty at best but overall I would have a higher percentage of decent lobbies and the game for the most part was playable. 

The past two days though it has gotten worse , last night after a match we had to restart because of a hot fix from then on it was unplayable for most in the lobbies. Couldn't register a hit a and the amount of games getting booted from has been on the rise as well.

I have had that survey about twenty plus times and always answered honestly , if they gave me the survey after I joined a match within a minute of it ending I would hit skip. Point is I would expect after giving feedback on the games that I said I liked why do I get more of the games that I don't ? 😤 Conspiracy theory is that activision is out to get me . I had to shut down and put in another game . I can wait until whatever is going on settles down. 

Granted there may be plenty of people that have benefitted from whatever changes took place I just don't happen to be one of them.

have yourself a good one.

MindSpazms Level 75

Studios