Why Does Prestiging Feel Like a Chore?

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Why Does Prestiging Feel Like a Chore?

Has anyone else here ever been in a rut where it felt like prestiging became a chore? Yesterday, around this time, I posted that I was going to finish up a prestige I had been stuck on. Well, 24 hours later, I haven't touched the game. I have even turned on my PS4 multiple times with the intent of finishing this thing off since I am at level 55 and halfway done, to no avail. The worst part is, I actually really enjoy Infinite Warfare, and I have plenty of time on my hands, and energy. Iknow it's a mental block, but this is ridiculous.

Activision Ambassador
32 REPLIES

Betreff: Why Does Prestiging Feel Like a Chore?

in reply to mygamertagsucks

Yep same here. Up from about lvl 50 its a pain in the a** for me to go to 55. But its due to lag on my end. If you have to leave 9 out of 10 games, cause you are on the bad side of lag, it always looks like the last 5 levels are beyond reachable for me. So its hard work for me, similar to chor, which I dont like much at all. Smiley Happy

Horrorman

Re: Why Does Prestiging Feel Like a Chore?

I went through that a lot during my last two weeks of grinding Black Sky. I'd turn on my Xbox and just turn it off and go watch tv, guess I just got tired of having an average or bad game because of having to use a crappy gun. The first 15 prestiges are kind of a chore but once you get all the necessities permanently unlocked it's not too bad. Having to re do all ten class setups every time is sort of stupid and annoying, but that's about it.

Brian Rooks
Brian25savannah

in reply to Brian25savannah

I am only prestige 5 but I actuyally have most stuff I need. Or to say it in another way, there is stuff I need in the lower ranks but it's fast enough to get.

But I should try playing with more things like Phantom Pulsar or that nanoshot. That will most likely give me more incentive for prestiging.

Anyway double XP until the 12th so I am trying to level up weapons that I don't use much and get some XP for prestiging but I only have time for a few matches a day. Luckily I have about 30 double XP tokens LMAO. So you can double your double XP.

BertKK

in reply to BertKK

77 double XP tokens Smiley Tongue

But barely use them, cause having most of the times lagging bs lobbys. Smiley Sad

Horrorman

in reply to Brian25savannah

I forgot about redoing all of the slots. I finally got the prestige done, now I get to waste this perm unlock on something dumb because Im not paying attention. 

Activision Ambassador

Yeah, the prestriging process in this game is a more grindy than in past COD games.  You get slightly less score in objective game mode. For example in BO2 in KC you got 50 points for a kill and 100 for each tag you got.  In Infinite Warfare you get 50 for a kill and 75 for a confirm. But, you only get 25 for a deny. Likewise you only get 75 points for a kill in DOM or 125 for a capture kill. This was done to cut down on some of the streak spam in those game modes.  Likewise, there are fewer medals a player normally earns in this game and double xp event's don't double medal xp.  This means you get about 1000 to 1500 less xp per match and that adds up over 10 prestiges.  Originally, Infinity Ward beleived that 10 prestiges would last out the lifetime of thier game. They were hoping players would swap between IW and either BO3 and MWR for the year.  

The game orignially wasn't popular so they hoped having a little longer grind would keep people playing for an extended duraion to sell the DLC and supply drops.  What they didn't count on was there was a subgroup of players like myself who absolutely enjoy IW.   This whole year Infinity Ward has been listening to the community. More often than not if we asked for something we would get it.  IW's dedicated player base got to 10th prestige between late January and Early march and we asked for more prestiges. So, wanting to keep up invested, they added more prestiges.  If you got into IW late or are just playing it intermittently getting to prestige 30 by Nov 3 is not likely to happen. So, you might want pick a good stopping point or plan on playing IW past the launch of WW2 if that is a long term go for you.  

darkrangeresp1

in reply to darkrangeresp1
This year has reaffirmed my love for Infinity Ward, the best and OG call of duty studio.
AlmightyStarfire

in reply to AlmightyStarfire
Totally agree. I love Infinity ward.

The only thing that I don't like about this game is lag.... that's it. The rest is fun and imo it's a bloody good game.
Dante2k

in reply to darkrangeresp1

I appreciate the informative post, and am ashamed to say I never noticed what the difference in score was in obj game modes, even though I mostly play HCKC. I knew something was off, but couldn't pinpoint it. 

Originally, I just wanted to reach master prestige. It's never been an issue in the past, but has become a monumental chore this year. Part of that is my fault for not utilizing the days of summer quad xp event, as well as simply not getting on as often as I used to. I actually really, really enjoy this game, so it's frustrating to repeatedly grind out average gameplay when I feel like I'm getting the drop on people. When the game plays really well, it's phenomenal. Likewise, when it plays poorly, it's abysmal (for me anyhow). 

Activision Ambassador

Studios