Why Does Prestiging Feel Like a Chore?

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Re: Why Does Prestiging Feel Like a Chore?

in reply to mygamertagsucks
There was a QUAD XP event?! Holy *****ing *****t where was I? God ***** it I would have farmed the crap out of that (genuinely irritated lol)

@Dante2k agree completely. If IW had fully dedicated severs (no p2p) it would be SO fun.
AlmightyStarfire

in reply to AlmightyStarfire

I messed that up. There was quad double XP. There were four things that had double XP. I played two days for a total of 5 hours or so, and didn't get much good out of it.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to mygamertagsucks
Ohhh haha I was imagining the double XP tokens and regularly getting 50k+ per game
I still missed the four weeks of double XP, must have been when i was taking a break.
Feel like I'm not progressing in prestiges any more. It's not a chore at all, I've just stopped paying attention to what level i am. Currently MP17 i think.

5 hours of play time with double XP should be nearly half a prestige, assuming you're not spending too long lobby hopping or anything.
AlmightyStarfire

in reply to darkrangeresp1

So it's not just my imagination. In BO3 I managed a prestige in 4-5 days I think but on IW everything seems to go so much slower.

BertKK

in reply to BertKK
For reference, every IW prestige has taken a little less than 24 hours of playing time. Currently MP17 with about 15days played.

I would say it feels faster than the older CODs (thinking of mw2). Seems like a reasonable time:XP ratio anyway imo
AlmightyStarfire

i thought prestiges came quite often in this game for the first 8 or 9 but when the majority of the challenges are compelted things slow down

my suggestion to make it quicker is to focus on challenges during double xp as well as things like going into obj modes such as hardpoint or kill confirmed as you generally level up faster.

the challenges + 2xp + 2xp tokens makes it quick though. 2.5 hrs on my buddies account and hes lvl 55 lol starting from 0.. double xp is broken lol. 

precookedcow90

in reply to precookedcow90

LOL.

I did the shotgun kills contract today, well didn't finish it but got a lot of calling cards and camo's out of it.

26000 XP per TDM match (27-3) and use the double XP token = 52000. One after 22000 XP and use a token. That makes levelling up a lot easier.

BertKK

True the challenges do help a LOT. I haven't got black sky yet but I'm getting pretty close. I'm hoping to get my last 4 diamond camos in a single game to double it all with a token. Stillgot to grind the howitzer and DMR1 headshots first though :/

ObjectiObjective are more efficient for token usage but not necessarily quicker. You're more likely to get dominated in domination - can't grind score when you're trapped in spawn! In TDM/free for all you have the *potential* for rapid quick games, which will add up faster than a dom games that go to full time. It's pretty much a toss up and depends on the player.
AlmightyStarfire

im gonna sound like a dbag for saying it.. but when is said go into obj i really meant to kill whore for xp lol. 

i stay out of dom mostly but hardpoint and defender is good for killwhore xp. if your kill whoring in these modes not many people are bothered. kill whoring in hp means playing obj and defending hp. kill whoring in defender is playing obj by keeping the enemy off the ball, plus the weaker players are happy to hold the ball for there own xp!

40-70 kill obj mode will give disgusting amounts of xp. your also more likely for someone on your team or yourself to get a nuke in these modes which is a auto 15000 xp if im not mistaken. also if you grab 2-3 ppl and go into dom the xp will rack up too.

precookedcow90

I haven't actually played dom in a number of months because it started getting hard/unreliable to find a game an i like sticking to one mode but I'm usually a dom only player. Barely played a different game type in IW until 6 months in. Barely played a different gametype in most CODs tbh.

So, as a dom devotee, I feel physically sick whenever I hear the words "kill whore". Yes, you can rack up crazy amounts of kills and XP by kill whoring in objective game types but if you're doing it at the expense of winning the game (your team's fun), then you're a scumbag and should be banned (kidding not kidding idk).
There's a fine line, though, between kill whoring and playing slayer - slayers are playing the objective, even if they're not getting caps/defends. Slayers are usually integral to successful teams - kill whores are detrimental to the majority of teams
AlmightyStarfire

Studios