Why Does Prestiging Feel Like a Chore?

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Re: Why Does Prestiging Feel Like a Chore?

in reply to precookedcow90

@precookedcow90 I can't claim Ive ever used my double xp tokens wisely. I had 45+ tokens and am now in the 30s simply using them to hurry a prestige along. 

I have been trying to play more hardpoint, and keep getting Defender games to load instead. Just as well I guess, since I kept getting smoked in the Hardpoint by shotgun spam. For some reason, Core and I don't mix well. I won't claim to have the best accuracy, but I routinely get the first shot off on someone and get a hitmarker. I don't move my aim, and the guy doesn't move, either, but I don't kill them. I'm still finding my way around with Core, but I seem to get melted a lot quicker than I melt anyone. Maybe I'm just salty and suck? 

Activision Ambassador

in reply to mygamertagsucks
IMO core exacerbates connection issues.
In HC you can tell your self that you mised the first shot, so it took two shots to kill. In core, you get the scenario you mentioned and it becomes harder to believe you're missing 2/3 of your shots. Of course recoil compensation is part of it though.
AlmightyStarfire

in reply to AlmightyStarfire

But its not much better in hc, when you even get in hc hitmarkers, like I do... Smiley Tongue

Horrorman

in reply to Horrorman

I find it depends on the weapons as well.

For the shotgun kills I went back to core and use the Reaver. Simply shread them as they are firing, even with lag you can still win most fights. In HC shoguns are useless.

1 + reactive armor vs  5 is fun Smiley Happy 

BertKK

in reply to BertKK

I´ll give this a try. But shouldnt hc be normally 1 hit kill? Smiley Tongue

Horrorman

in reply to Horrorman

Yes so if you lag they simply one shot you with whatever weapon they have.

in core, when you get up close you'll shread them with a shotgun and they are dead by the time they have ADSed and fired a few shots. Even better when you don't lag.

I use the reaver because you can get 3-4 shots off really quickly. I find the 2187 too much of a hit miss.

there is really no point in running a shotgun in HC as they are too much hit miss. You can use FTL jump to close the distance but they need just 1 hit to drop you.

BertKK

in reply to BertKK
Sorry but shotguns are fun in HC.
Silenced rack9 ftw. Barely have to aim, barely have to hit any of the 8 pellets, can get triple kills with one shot.
AlmightyStarfire

in reply to AlmightyStarfire

After partying up, as host, with a friend who is quite a distance away, I can safely say it's not a connection issue for me. It is, as you and he pointed out, a failure to control and compensate for recoil. I was amazed at the shots I thought I was hitting, and wasn't. I almost always landed my first shot, then proceeded to let my next shots go everywhere, like it surprised me to see someone not die from one shot. 

That being said, I wish the headshot multipliers were a tad higher in core. I am terrible about shooting for the head right off the bat. In HC it's ok, but you really can't do that in core. With recoil, and my failure to compensate, that first shot lands on the head, while the next couple end up going over a shoulder. It's my fault, and I've corrected it, but it took others pointing it out to me for me to realize my problem. 

Activision Ambassador

Well at least you've found the flaw in your game and can now improve Smiley Happy
I do kind of think headshots should have more relevance but simultaneously like it how it is. COD isn't a headshot shooter; the TTK is low enough as is and I rather like aiming for centre mass Smiley Happy
AlmightyStarfire

one dirty but effective trick to improve aiming.

high end game monitors have an option to place a red dot on centre screen, no matter what thats always where yout bullets will go (excluding bullet spread hip fire etc.)

to save money you could always place a small dot (sticker or something) on your reticle while ads, it equates to the same result.

i wish i could say i didnt do this back during waw to improve my aim.

alternatively if first shot is on and others miss due to gun control you would benefit from running low recoil guns like the trencher (so delicous) nv4 or raw. if you are scared to lose a high fire rate try the type 2, but be careful with the ammo capacity as the type 2 runs out fast. scav over hardline for the type 2 even if its not a nuke class just because of the low ammo problem.

edit: also always aim for the chest/stomache. with the advsnced movement headshots are far from worth it in this game and chances are they move before you can get it anyways. plus if you aim at the chest alot of times they drop shot and you get the headshot anyways.

precookedcow90

Studios