Why did Infinite Warfare get so much hate?

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Why did Infinite Warfare get so much hate when the reveal trailer came out? If this game got so much hate how come black ops 3 didn't? It has the same movement system and wallrunnning besides Its INFINITY WARDS 1 Futuristic game they usually stick to modern warfare time era which is between 2014-2021 wich is not really futuristic in terms of gameplay I think infinite warfare is more fun than black ops 3 but that is just my opinion.

Starwars93
7 REPLIES 7
1) People were tired of advanced movement
2) People were tired of the future
3) Black Ops 3 is branded with the Black Ops title which the CoD community loves
4) bandwagon
5) hate train

Basically, IW is not what those who hated wanted so obviously in today's day in age, if you don't get what you want, whine about it. That's the best I can say. Black Ops 3 gave some of what the people wanted: no more exos and another Black Ops title.

IW offered what most of the community didn't want: future, advanced movement, Supply Drops (whether good or bad), and variants (whether good or bad). Once all that news was out, they didn't care about the details of the game. I still see people whining about variants being completely OP and Supply Drops being rigged. I still see people talking about how OP the DLC weapons are (which are partly true for some) and being locked behind Supply Drops which is obviously completely false.

Most of the hate it gets is just from straight bandwagon hate, and those bandwagoners don't know what they're hating on at all, and they don't care. Some people simply don't like the game as the AM is just not their taste, but most of it is just bandwagon hate.

I didn't enjoy BO3 or AW at all. Wasn't a fan of the exos in AW, but I still enjoyed the weapons in the game so I still played the game some in classic mode, but the overall map design and connection issues was what forced me away. With BO3, the connections drove me away as well along with some of the completely ridiculous cosmetic items that made the multiplayer feel like an anime to me. I still enjoyed the maps and game modes, especially Safeguard, which is why I still play it from time to time. I don't know why I like IW so much. The only thing I feel BO3 has over IW is map design and game modes, but IW to me has better feeling and sounding guns, smoother movement, and better connections. I'm not Prestiged on AW or BO3, but I'm MP12 and have Black Sky in IW lol.
"It's time to raise the Black Flag and start cutting throats" - Lt. Nick Reyes
SeaglGaming#2942553

The game got hate because the same people calling for change, and got that change in AW and BO3, changed their minds and decided that, perhaps what they had when CoD was "cut and paste" was what they really wanted.

I liked AW, BO3, and IW, but even I bought into the negativity hype train when it got rolling. 

Some people hate the game because it's "too futuristic", and I get it, but I don't want to play a true war simulator. That would be so boring.

mygamertagsucks Level 75

@Starwars93 wrote:

Why did Infinite Warfare get so much hate when the reveal trailer came out? If this game got so much hate how come black ops 3 didn't? It has the same movement system and wallrunnning besides Its INFINITY WARDS 1 Futuristic game they usually stick to modern warfare time era which is between 2014-2021 wich is not really futuristic in terms of gameplay I think infinite warfare is more fun than black ops 3 but that is just my opinion.

1) Bigger skill gap in with advanced movement, harder to camp and easier to die do to pace of game. There are a lot of casual gamers that just don't want to play the game to the point of acquiring the skill set to do consistently well. Understandable but most of them won't admit it, they just want to hate on something they don't want to get good at.
2) They hate infiniity ward (there is a division between player base dependiong on who is developing the game). I have heard people state they will never buy a Treyarch game or Infinity Ward game or whatever developer they dislike based on a previous game.
3) Some just like the classic old school COD, don't want changes, don't want innovation, they are just content with a 10 year old game with a new theme.

I also think that the reason BO3 was liked so much more is it came off of Advanced Warfare so the boosting and jumping was somewhat toned down. In IW, it was essentially the same, just a slightly more chaotic game and a bit more futuristic vs B03, at least the theme of it seemed to be.

Sure there are other reasons but those are probably the most likely ones.

MurkBeserk Level 75
I'm a prime example being an IW fan boy. At the end of the day you like what you like.

I'm on the fence though with advanced movement. We will have to see how ww2 goes.
Dante2k Level 75

I seriously hate it. because of the campaign, zombies and multiplayer.

Nick Crawford
captainprice2017

This is why I hate Infinite Warfare so bad. Because of the overpowered SMGs, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, LMGs and Sniper Rifles. Every time I die, I raged, screamed and cried to the other players who are trash and weak.  I just really hated it because of Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. I hate Zombies because i can't finish the easter egg and I AM SO SICK OF IT!

Brolga
Highlighted

M8 they they are all op you should be good wih them that just means your a no skill person who throws a fit over every time you die

Mikefranks88

Studios