Will COD4: MW remastered require IW disc to play it

Infinite Warfare General Discussions

Will COD4: MW remastered require IW disc to play i...

Much like the 3million+ people that disliked the infinite warfare trailer, I have no interest in Infinite Warfare. But also like much of the community I am interested in the remastered COD 4. I am disgusted with activision taking their blatant disregard for the community to the next level, holding COD4 remastered hostage and forcing us to buy IW to get COD4. Clearly they have no faith or confidence in the game. And who can blame them! But I've come to terms with all that. I've weighed the pros and cons and have decided to give in and pay $80 for COD4. Not IW. What I need to know is, will activision be real POS's and require me to have the IW disc in my ONE to play COD4? If this is the case then I am bowing out and will not be spending my money on it. I swore off buying another NEW cod game until they fix the franchise. If I don't need the disc I'll buy it, download COD4 and the next day sell IW on Craigslist, as I'm sure many of you will do the same. In fact I believe that if that is the case IW will break records on resells and trade ins. I need to know this before the launch so I can either cancel the order or just suck it up and pay $80 for a remastered 10 year old game. Anyone have any solid word one way or the other?

CMorkaut
7 REPLIES

Re: Will COD4: MW remastered require IW disc to pl...

in reply to CMorkaut
Might as well bow out. I've been told you'll need the disc inserted as well as a digital code to be able to play COD4 remastered.
Despising cheaters since 1970
bighead14701 Level 75

in reply to bighead14701

I expected to need the digital code. And I'm ok with that. But if I am required to keep the IW disc for as long as I want to play COD4... That's real *****ty. A GameStop employee told me there would be a card in the case or on my receipt for a digital download of COD4 but they had not yet been informed if we needed the IW disc in the console to play COD4. If that is actually the case that's real low of activision. The worst of the worst. Doesn't get more blatantly greedy than that. How big do you need your *****ing yacht to be you greedy *****! I can say if that is the case I'm done with activision. I will not buy another game distributed by them. At some point you gotta stand up against this sort of BS. It's ruining the industry. It ruined the franchise years ago. Just bleeding it dry at this point.

CMorkaut

in reply to CMorkaut
I honestly believe it's to "protect" IW. It only makes sense from a business standpoint. They are adding it as a "bonus" so to speak. I'm not on the board and I plan on playing MWR a ton, but I do get it. Both sides. I'm going to play both games and at the end of the day, I'll be playing whichever one my friends are playing. Just to add to this, I don't and I won't buy any crypto key type crap. No matter what they try.
bighead14701 Level 75

in reply to bighead14701

But what you clearly don't get is they're making it bundle ONLY because they know IW is a trash game riding the coat tails of the success of past COD installments. If you don't see that, then either you're right and an overwhelming majority of the cod community is wrong or we're right and they're using COD remastered to con us into buying this trash we don't want. Considering activision has a rich history of being greedy, it's pretty obvious the bundle only is because they have no confidence in IW at all. If it was just a promotional thing why wouldn't they offer COD4 remastered as a stand alone game in 6 months or a year? Why did they say upfront that the remastered game will only ever be available as a pre-order bonus. And with the $80+ versions only. It's an insult to our intelligence. Well not yours because you are going along with this BS like it's gonna be good. Lying to yourself and ish! You're part of the problem. I don't mean that as an insult. Just saying its people like you that just buy all their ***** games in a literal and figurative sense, are the reason the cod games are all double jumping, wall running, outer space, futuristic versions of a *****ty Michael bay movie. Go play halo!

CMorkaut

in reply to CMorkaut
I guess you can use your $80 towards BF1? It's cool. I play the games I want and so far I've played every COD and don't plan on stopping. Sorry your glutes are aching.
bighead14701 Level 75

in reply to CMorkaut

The worst of the worst. Doesn't get more blatantly greedy than that. How big do you need your *****ing yacht to be you greedy *****!

In a sense, you're being just as greedy with how you plan to resell IW.

If a large enough group of people planned to do this, good luck selling as there would theoretically be millions of people to compete selling with.

Killn Machine 7

in reply to CMorkaut

If everyone just takes the downfall and dosent get cod 4 by not getting IW that would be so amazing to ***** over this *****s that make a game called "call of duty" not IW should be a free PC game its so trash and the creaters even know it thats why they are making you get it. Everyone just come to gether and vow to not get IW and ***** YOU GUYS you make ***** games now thats why you remastered a game to  sell a ***** ass one thanks alot ***** faces. I love COD 4 but you guys arent getting my $80 ill just play battlefield. Thanks for ruining my gaming life!

derekh55

Studios